PDA

View Full Version : Viewfirth Community Centre Consultation Meeting

MileHigh
04-Feb-09, 20:10
Hi All anyone planning on going along to this meeting tommorrow night ? Also does anyone know if the Highland Councils report on Sports and Arts in Caithness is avalible to the Public to view.

Kodiak
04-Feb-09, 20:16
First I have heard of this.

Is it open to the Public?

Where and When will this meeting to take Place?

SunsetSong
04-Feb-09, 22:00
There is a small article about it on the front page of the Org.
Also there was an ad in the Courier today.

The meeting I think is in Caithness Horizons starting at 6.30pm tomorrow night. Could be 7pm, but then if you are early you can have a look round Horizons...its well worth a look!! :)

joxville
04-Feb-09, 22:10
if you are early you can have a look round Horizons...its well worth a look!! :)

Broaden your Horizons perhaps! [lol]

Bobinovich
05-Feb-09, 22:46
Went along tonight and can say that the plans are ambitious to say the least. A 3-storey building has been proposed with such community features as:-

350-seat concert/arts venue / sports hall (4 badminton court size - won't be far off 100ft x 50ft)
a central open atrium & reception
numerous meeting rooms
changing rooms
fitness suite
snooker / pool room (2 tables of each)
indoor & outdoor (upper floor actually going from inside to outside) kids play area with cafe alongside
possibly a restaurant on upper floor - would have a great view!
The running costs are to be offset by the inclusion of some 32 accommodation suites to house students, visitors, etc. They would also intend utilising renewables to help.

As was stressed throughout the meeting these are just proposals and are open to discussion, as well as interested parties putting their ideas in to ensure it becomes a superb all-round venue.

I was impressed by how much they've packed in - there's something for pretty much all age groups. It's understandable that they're trying to cover their bets by making it as multi-purpose as possible.

Well done to Pentarq for designing what I believe would be a great community asset to the town.

Will they call it "The Viewfirth" if it goes ahead tho' :D

BMcGillivray
06-Feb-09, 14:14
Was there any talk of what was happening with the field itself? How much of it are they going to be using for this new complex?

jay
06-Feb-09, 14:32
the whole complex plus parking will fit into the Viewfirth grounds ie up to where the stone wall used to be across the green - it does not include the council owned ground from the old wall to Castlegreen Road. There is no provision for outside sports