PDA

View Full Version : We have the Technology.................

Kodiak
04-Feb-09, 14:52
It was reported today that researchers in Edinburgh have moved one step closer to making Silicon Chips which could be used to repair Human Tissue.

Not too sure about this as I have seen that well known Documentary, "Star Trek" and those nasty "Borg" who go arond saying "We are Borg and resistance is Futile"

What do Orgers think, could Computer implants be a way forward for longer life or is it just so much "Science Fiction"

Here is a Link to the article, please read and comment :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7867724.stm

K

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:05
Do we really need to live longer? I agree with science developing cures for cancer etc., especially when it's young people affected with little hope of growing old, but we have to die sometime. If everyone lived to a ripe old age then it would be a drain on the welfare state and the amount of old folks homes needed would be huge.

I'd like to science to develop a cure for baldness. [lol]

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 15:14
Do we really need to live longer? I agree with science developing cures for cancer etc., especially when it's young people affected with little hope of growing old, but we have to die sometime. If everyone lived to a ripe old age then it would be a drain on the welfare state and the amount of old folks homes needed would be huge.

I'd like to science to develop a cure for baldness. [lol]

Personally i'm not to struck on the idea of carking it, i quite like this beathing lark and if a computer chip could help me keep on trucking for longer than nature intends then sign me up now :D

As for curing baldness...nah min, be proud oh yer shiney coopin, hair is a hassle, when i get up each morning i have a stretch, scratch the parts that need scratching and get dressed...and that's me ready, no farting about fixing hair :lol:

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:28
I'm approaching the age that I need to fix the parts that need scratching. [lol][lol][lol]