PDA

View Full Version : Information on Sarclet Haven fishing boat

JustMe
04-Feb-09, 14:48
Hi all
I'm looking for any information on the fishing boat that ranaground at
Sarclet Haven, Thrumpster last autumn (2008).

Boat name?

Age ?

Boat type ?

Date ranaground ?

And any other information would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:13
Oh dear God, I can see it starting all over again.:(

There was a thread about this boat a few months ago that ran to 70 billion pages. Click on the search option above and type in the name, you should then find the thread you need.

COACHMAN
04-Feb-09, 15:30
There is Plenty that can be said about this but i will keep Quiet about it as there is a Legal Trial At Wick Sheriff Court over this boat and what Happened next month i think .
There was something about in in the Caithness Courier or Groat within the last month

JustMe
04-Feb-09, 15:37
Thanks both of you. What is the name of the boat so i can do a search:)

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 15:54
The info on the flyers on the boat says she was built in 1934 and it reads she originally was registered with the number PD 225 but no name is mentioned, the first mention of a name is 'Three Bells' registered BCK 114 and then during the 1960's changed ownership to a gentleman from Stronsay and name changed again to 'Oceans Giift' registered K916

i have photo's of her and all the notices on her in wick harbour giving her history etc if you are interested.

Hope that helps with your query.

JustMe
04-Feb-09, 16:08
Many thanks tugmistress :)

bothyman
04-Feb-09, 16:32
Where is the Thread on this, have looked but can't find it ???

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 16:36
If i remember right the thread got deleted because of ongoing legal action or some such thing

bothyman
04-Feb-09, 16:49
Many Thanks Tugmistress, I'll stop looking then:roll:

Alice in Blunderland
04-Feb-09, 17:05
Hi all
I'm looking for any information on the fishing boat that ranaground at
Sarclet Haven, Thrumpster last autumn (2008).

Ermm no P in Thrumster :lol:

JustMe
04-Feb-09, 17:25
Ermm no P in Thrumster :lol:

Woops I should watch my P's :lol:

Fran
05-Feb-09, 03:47
The info on the flyers on the boat says she was built in 1934 and it reads she originally was registered with the number PD 225 but no name is mentioned, the first mention of a name is 'Three Bells' registered BCK 114 and then during the 1960's changed ownership to a gentleman from Stronsay and name changed again to 'Oceans Giift' registered K916

i have photo's of her and all the notices on her in wick harbour giving her history etc if you are interested.

Hope that helps with your query.

I believe it was Peterhead registered and then went to Buckie.

S&LHEN
05-Feb-09, 09:48
Out of interest whys there a legal case open for it? Was everyone on the boat ok I honestly cant remember hearing about it:confused

bothyman
05-Feb-09, 10:19
Out of interest whys there a legal case open for it? Was everyone on the boat ok I honestly cant remember hearing about it:confused

Well I've searched everything I can think of and drawn a blank it's like it was a Ghost Ship and has just disappeared.

joxville
05-Feb-09, 10:27
Just give it time. The .Org grapevine will soon be in full swing and then you'll have your story. [lol]

JustMe
05-Apr-09, 18:45
Just give it time. The .Org grapevine will soon be in full swing and then you'll have your story. [lol]

Any news, im so curious :)

Tighsonas4
05-Apr-09, 19:04
sorry i cant help on this but was searching for something on the org and the full story court case and all came up. there was a great spiel about itand it read as if the case had been heard and dealt with
maybe it was ajog file or something tony

Venture
05-Apr-09, 19:33
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/6195/_Foolhardy__voyage_lands_local_boat_owner_in_court .html

This might help you with some information.

JustMe
05-Apr-09, 20:03
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/6195/_Foolhardy__voyage_lands_local_boat_owner_in_court .html

This might help you with some information.

Many thanks

Fran
06-Apr-09, 02:06
you asked this on 4th February...have you found out the answers now?

JustMe
06-Apr-09, 09:45
you asked this on 4th February...have you found out the answers now?

Yes thank you, the above link gave all the history about the boat i was asking for

Amy-Winehouse
06-Apr-09, 10:00
The thread was pulled as it developed into a slanging match from someone who questioned anyone that actually knew anything about maritime studies to people just getting fed up of his nonsense & ganging up on him to tell him/her to shut it- I was one-but then I have a fishing tradition in my family & the poster couldnt accept it.

Anyhow before that it was actually a bit of a comedy club thread, as its been posted there were about 2 million pages & most were funny & informative but then the slanging started & it got pulled.