PDA

View Full Version : 50 years + 1 day

brokencross
04-Feb-09, 07:57
Couldn't get to my computer yesterday so am a day late.

It is 50 years (+ 1 day) since the "music died". Yep Buddy Holly died in a plane crash all that time ago. There was a radio programme about him yesterday and it showed how much influence he and his style of music had on todays music. Any Orgers like him.

Lavenderblue2
04-Feb-09, 08:41
Buddy Holly was the best! All of the music from that era was fantastic.
My OH and I play his music often - seen The Buddy Holly Story twice on stage and we have the DVD (two in fact…:confused?)

IMHO, two of Buddy’s tracks which aren’t heard often enough are Valley of Tears and Slippin’ and Slidin’ - the latter has two versions fast and slow - both are good depending on your mood at the time I suppose.

February 3rd 1959 – The Day the Music Died. :(

laguna2
04-Feb-09, 09:01
Think his music was fantastic .. have seen the Buddy Holly Story only once on stage but would love to see it again.

A9RUNNER
04-Feb-09, 09:41
I like Buddy Holly great artist. Such a shame he didnt live his life to a natural old age.

Buttercup
04-Feb-09, 12:02
Great artist who has influenced many of the famous names of today. Buddy may have died but his memory lives on in his music.

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 15:00
yeah buddy was good

percy toboggan
04-Feb-09, 18:31
A long, long time ago,I can still remember how that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance...that I could those people dance & maybe they'd be happy for a while.
But February made me shiver, with every paper I'd deliver...bad news on the doorstep...I couldnee take one more step.

I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride, but something touched me deep inside the day the music died.

Did you write the book of love and do you have faith in God above?...if the Bible tells you so.
Now do you believe in rock and roll?
Can music save your mortal soul and...& can you teach me how to dance real ss-llll-ooo-www.
Well I know that you're in love with him I 'cos saw you dancin' in the gym. You both kicked off your shoes...man I dig those rhythymy blooo-hoooze...
I was a lonely teenage bronc and buck, with a pink carnation and a pick up truck (split screen VW actually)
but you knew you were oot of luck when Percy ran away with himself at the keyboard!

Just my little homage to two great artistes. Buddy - - not fade away
Don - Empty Chairs made me cry.

I still know this (full version) almost word perfect and it's the only karaoke I ever sang- required ten pints....I've only had one o' Morrison's best tonight!

Bye bye Buddy.I was only seven when you shuffled off, and it doesn't matter anymore but not fade away - eh ;-)

brokencross
04-Feb-09, 20:05
A long, long time ago,I can still remember how that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance...that I could those people dance & maybe they'd be happy for a while.
But February made me shiver, with every paper I'd deliver...bad news on the doorstep...I couldnee take one more step.

I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride, but something touched me deep inside the day the music died.

Did you write the book of love and do you have faith in God above?...if the Bible tells you so.
Now do you believe in rock and roll?
Can music save your mortal soul and...& can you teach me how to dance real ss-llll-ooo-www.
Well I know that you're in love with him I 'cos saw you dancin' in the gym. You both kicked off your shoes...man I dig those rhythymy blooo-hoooze...
I was a lonely teenage bronc and buck, with a pink carnation and a pick up truck (split screen VW actually)
but you knew you were oot of luck when Percy ran away with himself at the keyboard!

Just my little homage to two great artistes. Buddy - - not fade away
Don - Empty Chairs made me cry.

I still know this (full version) almost word perfect and it's the only karaoke I ever sang- required ten pints....I've only had one o' Morrison's best tonight!

Bye bye Buddy.I was only seven when you shuffled off, and it doesn't matter anymore but not fade away - eh ;-)

Well you got me singing along Percy, so much so I got my Don McLean CD out and had a listen.

golach
04-Feb-09, 20:31
Think his music was fantastic .. have seen the Buddy Holly Story only once on stage but would love to see it again.
Laguna2, on BBC4 tonight from 2100 uk time, there is firstly a documentary about Buddy, then at 2200, is the film the Buddy Holly story

Munro
04-Feb-09, 21:01
I was seventeen when Buddy died, his and the Crickets music was and still is a totally unique sound, a sad loss of someone who in a very short career influenced so many artistes.