PDA

View Full Version : My Avatar

joxville
04-Feb-09, 00:34
Yet again I've been asked if the person in my avatar is me. As much as I'm flattered, I have to say no, it is not. It is in fact the gorgeous 24yr old Katie Melua. I'm a 43yr old bloke. See attached evidence....then scream or laugh. :D

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4125/1000898ax7.jpg

However, if Carling did cross-dressing.............. :D

TBH
04-Feb-09, 00:39
Yet again I've been asked if the person in my avatar is me. As much as I'm flattered, I have to say no, it is not. It is in fact the gorgeous 24yr old Katie Melua. I'm a 43yr old bloke. See attached evidence....then scream or laugh.

However, if I did want to look like a woman I'd want to look like her. :DShe's a minger Jox, by the way, you never said you were Dominic Diamond's twin, were you separated at birth?[lol]

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 00:41
well i thought she was you too if you know what i mean,surprised your a bloke!so do you get asked that question a lot then,probably by new members like me!:)i wont bother asking for your autograph now.......hee hee

joxville
04-Feb-09, 00:48
well i thought she was you too if you know what i mean,surprised your a bloke!so do you get asked that question a lot then,probably by new members like me!:)i wont bother asking for your autograph now.......hee hee

I've been asked about 30-40 times. But you can still have an autograph-I'll give you a fiver to take one.[lol]

joxville
04-Feb-09, 00:49
She's a minger Jox, by the way, you never said you were Dominic Diamond's twin, were you separated at birth?[lol]

A minger !!!!!!!! Go and wash your mouth out this instance boy. Then go to bed with no supper.

PS Who's Dominic Diamond?

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 00:52
Yet again I've been asked if the person in my avatar is me. As much as I'm flattered, I have to say no, it is not. It is in fact the gorgeous 24yr old Katie Melua. I'm a 43yr old bloke. See attached evidence....then scream or laugh. :D

However, if I did want to look like a woman I'd want to look like her.

Good to see another slaphead four eyes is part of the Org, it's a classy look, and the upkeep is so darn easy ;)

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 00:55
A minger !!!!!!!! Go and wash your mouth out this instance boy. Then go to bed with no supper.

PS Who's Dominic Diamond?

http://www.mikeleighassoc.com/iImages/98image.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny :lol:

joxville
04-Feb-09, 00:56
Good to see another slaphead four eyes is part of the Org, it's a classy look, and the upkeep is so darn easy ;)

PMSL.........tried to rep you for it, got to spread it around first.

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 00:56
I've been asked about 30-40 times. But you can still have an autograph-I'll give you a fiver to take one.[lol]

i will have a two dozen then,if your paying me for them.with the credit crunch times are hard![lol]

TBH
04-Feb-09, 00:58

PS Who's Dominic Diamond?I'm either kidding or blind Jox.[lol]
She's gorgeous.

Paul Dominik Diamond (known as Dominik Diamond) is a television and radio presenter and newspaper columnist from Arbroath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbroath), Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland). He is best known as the original presenter of Channel 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_4)'s video gaming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_gaming) programme GamesMaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GamesMaster), as host of The Dominik Diamond Breakfast Show on Xfm Scotland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Scotland) and columnist of Daily Star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Star_%28United_Kingdom%29)
Courtesy of Wikipedia.

http://www.oliviarutherford.co.uk/includes/viewphoto.php?id=496

joxville
04-Feb-09, 00:58
http://www.mikeleighassoc.com/iImages/98image.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny :lol:

Nope. He has eyebrows, I don't. Although can anyone see the likeness I have to Brad Pitt/Jason Statham? [lol]

JAWS
04-Feb-09, 01:00
I'm devastated, and to think I was building up courage to chat you up. :eek:
That'll teach me! :lol:

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:06
are we gonna get to see your classic look gizmo?

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:08
by the way joxville your no bad looking

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 01:15
by the way joxville your no bad looking

Quick...someone call Cilla Black, i see an Org wedding on the horizon :lol:

wifie
04-Feb-09, 01:17
Aye butterfly he is much better lookin in the flesh! ;)

BTW Gizz - easy upkeep indeed but do you go thru a lot of dusters or do you recycle yer owld drawers? [lol]

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:18
Nope. He has eyebrows, I don't. Although can anyone see the likeness I have to Brad Pitt/Jason Statham? [lol]

jason statham yes,im no wearing glasses for nothing you know...[lol]

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:21
Quick...someone call Cilla Black, i see an Org wedding on the horizon :lol:

but i would be under the toon clock for bigamy then!. gizmo are ye shy?[lol]

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 01:22
are we gonna get to see your classic look gizmo?

Just think of a rougher slightly mean looking version of Jox with a buckled scarred beak....that's moi :lol:

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:35
Just think of a rougher slightly mean looking version of Jox with a buckled scarred beak....that's moi :lol:

my mind is boggling now...do you mean jox as he really is or was![lol]

wifie
04-Feb-09, 01:37
Butterfly - what are you drinking and can I have some? [lol]

Kevin Milkins
04-Feb-09, 01:40
http://uktv.co.uk/images/standarditem/L1/529540_L1.jpg

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:44
Butterfly - what are you drinking and can I have some? [lol]

oh i wish i was but i guess i am high on life wifie......no thats a lie,hubby has just gone to work so i am just delighted to get the tv remote all to masel![lol] its the little things in life that make me happy you see...:)

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 01:46
here is that no the mannie on tv..him that looks for houses for people

Fran
04-Feb-09, 02:57
Joxville, you are very brave to show yourself on here, now we all know who you are!!!

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 03:25
Joxville, you are very brave to show yourself on here, now we all know who you are!!!

he is braver than me fran!:lol:

ett23
04-Feb-09, 11:21
Hey joxville - is that photo of you on the Gill's Bay ferrry? Those rusty stairs look vaguely familiar!!! I have to say you're very brave posting a pic of yourself on the org. I like to hide behind the mask of Shakira! :cool:

Bobinovich
04-Feb-09, 13:46
Aw is that who that is - an' here was me keeping an eye out fer ye too ett23 :~(.

Hopes dashed once again!

Reev
04-Feb-09, 14:39
Hey, if we are getting to the point of showing everyone who we are, my avatar is moi, SpiderMoi, wooooooooooooooo!

PROOF, you say, PROOF you get: :lol:

Oh yeah, its called Smexy pose!

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:20
Aye butterfly he is much better lookin in the flesh! ;)

That coffee I bought you,(the one I promised not to mention), was money well spent. [lol]

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:22

Sorry, not moi-he has eyebrows. Mine are almost non-existant.

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:26
Hey joxville - is that photo of you on the Gill's Bay ferrry? Those rusty stairs look vaguely familiar!!! I have to say you're very brave posting a pic of yourself on the org. I like to hide behind the mask of Shakira! :cool:

Well spotted Ett, it was taken last summer on way to Orkney.

Had too many people asking about my avatar so decided to expose myself. [lol][lol]

Who is your avatar? Darned attractive girl whoever she is.

hotrod4
04-Feb-09, 15:31
Well spotted Ett, it was taken last summer on way to Orkney.

Had too many people asking about my avatar so decided to expose myself. [lol][lol]

looks like Jessica Alba to me.......hubba hubba <foams at mouth>:Razz

wifie
04-Feb-09, 15:52
That coffee I bought you,(the one I promised not to mention), was money well spent. [lol]

Just think what I could have said for a scone too! ;)

joxville
04-Feb-09, 15:55
Just think what I could have said for a scone too! ;)

You'll get a scone the next time we meet. I didn't want to appear a flash git the first time we met. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 15:58

Oh come on Gizmo....its nice to put a face to someone who is a regular cheek giver!

And jox..i actually thot u was a woman! Sorry! :lol:

joxville
04-Feb-09, 16:15
And jox..i actually thot u was a woman! Sorry! :lol:

Unfortunately you're not alone in thinking that....hence the reason for the thread.

ett23
04-Feb-09, 16:17

looks like Jessica Alba to me.......hubba hubba <foams at mouth>:Razz

Hey you two can you no read? I already said in my last post "I like to hide behind the mask of Shakira"!! So in other words my avatar is Shakira. Here's another one for you -

http://myplay.com/files/imagecache/photo_345_square/files/artist_images/shakira.jpg

ett23
04-Feb-09, 16:19
Aw is that who that is - an' here was me keeping an eye out fer ye too ett23 :~(.

Hopes dashed once again!

Sorry Bob I'm already taken!!! ;) And to tell you the truth I don't look much like my avatar anyway! :~(

joxville
04-Feb-09, 16:22
Hey you two can you no read? I already said in my last post "I like to hide behind the mask of Shakira"!! So in other words my avatar is Shakira. Here's another one for you -

http://myplay.com/files/imagecache/photo_345_square/files/artist_images/shakira.jpg

Thats why I need glasses. :D

I'm used to seeing Shakira as a blonde but she's better as a brunette, which I prefer.

ett23
04-Feb-09, 16:25
she's better as a brunette, which I prefer.

Hey I'm a brunette... :Razz

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 16:27
Thats why I need glasses. :D

I'm used to seeing Shakira as a blonde but she's better as a brunette, which I prefer.

haha so coupled with the statement you just made on the BMI thread to me, and this fact (and yes i am brunette) then maybe we should meet lol :lol:

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 16:34
Im brunette too! But i think i dont suit it so usually dye my hair black! Aint dyed it in a year tho because im trying to grow it out for something new! Have had my hair every colour though! Black, blonde, pink, blue, purple, red etc etc etc! :Razz

wifie
04-Feb-09, 17:02
Yay Org romance!!!!

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 17:22
someone remarked to me that joxville looks like a local soliciter(mention no names)and shelley is that avatar your bonnie boy?:)

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 17:24
someone remarked to me that joxville looks like a local soliciter(mention no names)and shelley is that avatar your bonnie boy?:)

Yeah that is ma bonnie wee boy! :Razz And my dodgy photography! Lol! But i must have about 500 photos o him! I just cana stop! lol!

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 17:35

Bloomin' eck, he does indeed look like a local solicitor who may or may not work in a building that may or may not be next to the K2 Indian in Wick ;)

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 17:50
Bloomin' eck, he does indeed look like a local solicitor who may or may not work in a building that may or may not be next to the K2 Indian in Wick ;)

ah great minds think alike gizmo![lol]

joxville
04-Feb-09, 18:24

I've never solicited in my life...............but give me time. [lol]

scorrie
04-Feb-09, 18:53
Hey joxville - is that photo of you on the Gill's Bay ferrry?

No, that's the similar looking Bill's Gay Ferry ;)

Only kidding Jox!!

joxville
04-Feb-09, 19:53

Only kidding Jox!!

Good one scorrie......and it was a smooth ride too. ;)

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 19:58

Only kidding Jox!!

Is this going to be a day 'outing' organised by the Orgmaster :lol:

joxville
04-Feb-09, 20:34
Whoa, steady on...I don't lean towards the same sex, my cap is doffed in Tugs' direction.:D

Goldie
04-Feb-09, 20:57
There is a god after all! lol

Here was me thinking how on earth can I ever go to an Orgers nite out when I could be sitting next to ladies looking like this - and me more like Olive from on the buses LOL - shown my age there!!

I kinda thought the other day when you added the katie signature - but your avatar looked like a slightly older women than the signature pic - so I wasn't sure.

Now joxville - me being a female thinks the picture of you is so much better you really should change it :D lol

Cheers

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 21:07
Whoa, steady on...I don't lean towards the same sex, my cap is doffed in Tugs' direction.:D

:o you're a gentleman and a sweetie, and i look forward to meeting you one day!

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:08

Ohhhhhhhhhh definatately see something blooming here! :Razz

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 21:19

things are hotting up here,org blind date eh.one question,whos gonna play cilla![lol]

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:20
things are hotting up here,org blind date eh.one question,whos gonna play cilla![lol]

Well i cant....a certain someone had a perseption i looked like Vicky Pollard....eh Giz! ;) :lol:

Kevin Milkins
04-Feb-09, 21:25

I think it's quiz night at pub in Sherbourne St John nonight, get your skates on tugs.

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 21:30
Ohhhhhhhhhh definatately see something blooming here!

haha, maybe, maybe not

noooooo, i don't like her scouse accent! or her teeth! can i have wifie as hostess?

Well i cant....a certain someone had a perseption i looked like Vicky Pollard....eh Giz! ;) :lol:

OMG i don't believe anyone can be that bad!

I think it's quiz night at pub in Sherbourne St John nonight, get your skates on tugs.

never heard of it lol

ett23
04-Feb-09, 21:36
Aw poor Tugmistress is getting all embarassed - I can feel the heat from here!! Come on guys lay off! It looks like she'd rather be 'just friends'! :Razz

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:38
Aw poor Tugmistress is getting all embarassed - I can feel the heat from here!! Come on guys lay off! It looks like she'd rather be 'just friends'! :Razz

2 years ago me and my OH said we were "just friends" now we live together and have a son! ;)

ett23
04-Feb-09, 21:39
I know but Tugmistress and joxville have yet to meet!!! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:40
Tugs i look nothing like Vicky Pollard! Gizmo was making up in his head what i looked like being a 20 year old, dark hair and pushing a pram! :lol:

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 21:42
I know but Tugmistress and joxville have yet to meet!!! :lol:

but it's a meeting i intend to make :D lol

though it'll probably scare the hek out of jox lmao

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 21:47

Aw yeah...eh....sorry bout dat :lol:

Yeah but no but yeah but.....dont be givin' me no evils..hehe

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:49
Aw yeah...eh....sorry bout dat :lol:

Yeah but no but yeah but.....dont be givin' me no evils..hehe

Dont worry u are forgiven because i soon corrected you what i looked like! Lol! Nothin like Vicky...and she disna have as good taste in music as i do! ;)

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 21:53
and she disna have as good taste in music as i do! ;)

[coughs and splutters his tea over the screen]....Ha!...i wuldna put money on that :lol:

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:55
[coughs and splutters his tea over the screen]....Ha!...i wuldna put money on that :lol:

:eek: Muse....they are awsome! The Levellers...classic! Its obvious the hair is growing inwards on yer head Giz and messed up your judgment! :lol:

joxville
04-Feb-09, 22:02

never heard of it lol

It's a village about 4 miles from my house. The Queens College Arms in Pamber End is nicer and closer.....and very discreet. ;)

joxville
04-Feb-09, 22:05
There is a god after all! lol

Here was me thinking how on earth can I ever go to an Orgers nite out when I could be sitting next to ladies looking like this - and me more like Olive from on the buses LOL - shown my age there!!

I kinda thought the other day when you added the katie signature - but your avatar looked like a slightly older women than the signature pic - so I wasn't sure.

Now joxville - me being a female thinks the picture of you is so much better you really should change it :D lol

Cheers

Katie definitely better looking than me. Anyone photoshop my head on to hers to see what I'd look like with hair? Brian May springs to mind.....or Anita Dobson. [lol]

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 22:26
Muse....they are awsome! The Levellers...classic! Its obvious the hair is growing inwards on yer head Giz and messed up your judgment! :lol:

:lol: classic cheek, i tried to good rep you for it but i have to spread it around a bit before i give you some more...Oo-er missus :lol:

Goldie
04-Feb-09, 22:42
Katie definitely better looking than me. Anyone photoshop my head on to hers to see what I'd look like with hair? Brian May springs to mind.....or Anita Dobson. [lol]

lol - the mind boggles lol

There must be someone out there who can jiggle your photo and the one of Katie - please! it would be a laugh to see it :lol:

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 22:49
:lol: classic cheek, i tried to good rep you for it but i have to spread it around a bit before i give you some more...Oo-er missus :lol:

Ahh everyone wants to give me good rep! ;) lol! Just so much to spread around tho! Maybe i can spread around my awsome taste in music too eh! haha!

Gizmo
04-Feb-09, 23:14
Ahh everyone wants to give me good rep! ;) lol! Just so much to spread around tho! Maybe i can spread around my awsome taste in music too eh! haha!

Good god woman, have some consideration for peoples hearing, what you are planning could be considered as cruel and unusual behaviour :lol:

joxville
04-Feb-09, 23:19
but it's a meeting i intend to make :D lol

though it'll probably scare the hek out of jox lmao

At least we have common interests. Both like photography, have a fondness for Caithness and a love for me. [lol]

I need to know since this thread was originally about Katie and me, do you like Katie's music Tugs?

wifie
04-Feb-09, 23:28
At least we have common interests. Both like photography, have a fondness for Caithness and a love for me. [lol]

Good job Tugs probs has access to a few sick bags! [lol]

sandyr
04-Feb-09, 23:36
A computer representation of himself/herself or....and wait for it...Alter Ego!
'Tis an Object representing the embodiement of the user.
How interesting/ perhaps jives with another recent thread.
Oh well whatever.............use your own imagination to complete this ditty!!!!

joxville
04-Feb-09, 23:39
A computer representation of himself/herself or....and wait for it...Alter Ego!
'Tis an Object representing the embodiement of the user.
How interesting/ perhaps jives with another recent thread.
Oh well whatever.............use your own imagination to complete this ditty!!!!

Nice one Sandy, I like it. :D

Tugmistress
05-Feb-09, 01:38

I need to know since this thread was originally about Katie and me, do you like Katie's music Tugs?

erm, give me a link to something on youtube then i'll tell you ;) i'll give you a clue though to what i usually like ..... i used to present the friday night rock show on cfm lol ... not quite katie whatshername !

TBH
05-Feb-09, 03:43

Here you go Jox:[lol]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/1000898ax7.jpg

joxville
05-Feb-09, 06:10
Yep, deffo Anita Dobson. :D

joxville
05-Feb-09, 06:13
erm, give me a link to something on youtube then i'll tell you ;) i'll give you a clue though to what i usually like ..... i used to present the friday night rock show on cfm lol ... not quite katie whatshername !

CFM????????? and you can't remember Katie's surname! What hope is there for us? :(

Tugmistress
05-Feb-09, 08:05
CFM????????? and you can't remember Katie's surname! What hope is there for us? :(

haha it was a few years ago now! and i played mostly 'oldie' classic rock stuff :lol:

joxville
05-Feb-09, 10:23
haha it was a few years ago now! and i played mostly 'oldie' classic rock stuff :lol:

We all have our cross to bear. :D

I'm sure I could educate you in the delights of Katie, Israel Kamakawiw'ole, Vangelis, Verisma & Renata Jonscher. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/joxville Click on playlists.

Goldie
05-Feb-09, 10:31
Here you go Jox:[lol]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/1000898ax7.jpg

LOL - well done TBH - eat your heart out Anita!

Gizmo
05-Feb-09, 10:47
LOL - well done TBH - eat your heart out Anita!

He's actually more like a slightly camp version of King Louie XIII

http://www.wga.hu/art/c/champaig/louis_13.jpg

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 11:33
LOL! What fashionable clothes in that pic Gizmo! :lol:

Bet he would have liked Muse and the Levellers! :Razz

joxville
05-Feb-09, 11:39
LOL! What fashionable clothes in that pic Gizmo! :lol:

Bet he would have liked Muse and the Levellers! :Razz

Will you shut up about Muse and The Levellers. They're awful. And anyone who has two slices of wholemeal toast for dinner needs serious medical attention. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 11:45
Will you shut up about Muse and The Levellers. They're awful. And anyone who has two slices of wholemeal toast for dinner needs serious medical attention. [lol]

They rock! Just because you like Cliff Richard! [lol]

Nowt wrong wi toast either! im a toast addict! :Razz

laguna2
05-Feb-09, 11:55
Toast rocks!!!

Especially with:
Ham
Bacon
Egg
Fish Fingers
Cheese
(not all at the same time)

and anything else you can think of :lol:

Gizmo
05-Feb-09, 11:59
Toast rocks!!!

Especially with:
Ham
Bacon
Egg
Fish Fingers
Cheese
(not all at the same time)

and anything else you can think of :lol:

Toast was made for one thing....Peanut Butter, lashings and lashings of creamy smooth Peanut Butter...yum yum and double yum :D

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 12:00
Toast was made for one thing....Peanut Butter, lashings and lashings of creamy smooth Peanut Butter...yum yum and double yum :D

Toast is good with many things! Tuna....yummy!! But i do love peanut butter! :Razz

laguna2
05-Feb-09, 12:01
Oooooooooooooooo noooooooooooo not peanut butter :eek:

No ordinary butter is a different thing .............;)

... off to make some toast .......... ;)

Gizmo
05-Feb-09, 12:08
And anyone who has two slices of wholemeal toast for dinner needs serious medical attention. [lol]

Yep, i have had many an arguement with the missus about how a bowl of cereal is NOT A PROPER BLOOMIN' DINNER! after working a 10 hour shift, the same thing goes for toast.

Shelley puts in at least a 10 hour shift each day as 'Professional Orger' so needs more than two scabby bits of toast to keep going :lol:

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 12:20
Yep, i have had many an arguement with the missus about how a bowl of cereal is NOT A PROPER BLOOMIN' DINNER! after working a 10 hour shift, the same thing goes for toast.

Shelley puts in at least a 10 hour shift each day as 'Professional Orger' so needs more than two scabby bits of toast to keep going :lol:

Tell me about it! These 10 hour shifts are hard work i tells ya! ;)

Tonight i will have spag bol then til keep ya all happy! And for lunch i might just have a sausage roll! But for now...im eating toast with a brew! :Razz

joxville
05-Feb-09, 12:43
Only beans should be put on toast. Beans I tell you. Okay.

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 12:45

Beans beans the musical fruit....the more you eat the more you toot! :lol:

I love beans but am limited to how much i can eat of them! Wonder why! :roll::lol:

Im more of a burper though! I can burp on fresh air! Im just making myself sound really bad saying all this aint i! haha!

joxville
05-Feb-09, 12:46
It's the only way she can keep on posting so much. One hand on toast, the other typing. Or perhaps culinary items as rudimentary as a knife and fork are beyond her grasp. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 12:55
It's the only way she can keep on posting so much. One hand on toast, the other typing. Or perhaps culinary items as rudimentary as a knife and fork are beyond her grasp. [lol]

I will have you know my knife and fork skills are awsome! I moved on to plastic ones just last week! :lol: Before that it was a spoon! Nearly no use for spag bol!!!

I sit at the computer so much because my chair is so comfy! And its impossible to get to watch tv! Halo...Guitar Hero...etc etc...cant say much cos its usually me playing in between posting! [lol]

But if i went away from the org...you would all miss me! Who would you have to pick on then!! eh!!

Gizmo
05-Feb-09, 14:49

You know, i must have telepathetically connected with this post while i was at the gym and i pondered what to have for lunch when i got home, i fancied beans on toast, not had beans on toast for a while, so i headed to Blunderfield and bought a tin of Heinz finest.
And what do i see upon my return, but this recommendation for beans on toast, the power of the Org is strong today :lol:

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 17:10
You know, i must have telepathetically connected with this post while i was at the gym and i pondered what to have for lunch when i got home, i fancied beans on toast, not had beans on toast for a while, so i headed to Blunderfield and bought a tin of Heinz finest.
And what do i see upon my return, but this recommendation for beans on toast, the power of the Org is strong today :lol:

You are always connected to this place...somehow! :roll:

Goldie
05-Feb-09, 18:57
He's actually more like a slightly camp version of King Louie XIII

http://www.wga.hu/art/c/champaig/louis_13.jpg

:lol: This is so much like joxvill with the hair that it could be used as a photo ID on his passport ! lol

or a police photofit if he ever wondered of the straight and narrow!

Sorry Joxville :D

ett23
05-Feb-09, 19:22

Oh my goodness, I would sack her now!! I agree with you completely - toast or cereal is not a suitable meal for dinner. My dad firmly believed soup was for LUNCH and refused to eat it at dinner and my OH tends to feel the same. But he has had to settle for beans on toast a few times if we've been in a rush or the cupboards were bare..... :~( Hahaha!!!

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 19:25
Well i did have a sausage roll today for lunch! ;)

And the OH is making dinner tonight so its spag bol! Also got his oldest son (7) in the kitchen to help a bit! Get him used to a kitchen atmosphere! He now knows how to brown mince, put sauce in and knows it needs to cook for about 20 minutes! What a boy! :Razz

I do try and eat but sometimes dont feel in the mood!!! :confused

Julia
18-Feb-09, 00:20
can anyone see the likeness I have to Brad Pitt/Jason Statham? [lol]

Show us your abs first and I'll tell you, I'm an expert on Jason Statham's boug ... RAWR!!!

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 00:23
Julia its weird cos i was just looking at this thread! :eek: Spooky!

Melancholy Man
22-Feb-09, 19:14
Is someone saying horrid things about Katie???

Cue jokes about what happens when two Georgians are together... great wine and conversation, add a gun and you end up with one Georgian and endless regret... five minutes and one more gunshot later, five empty wine bottles and no Georgians.

Amy-Winehouse
22-Feb-09, 22:00
PS Who's Dominic Diamond?[/quote]

A grade A talentless numptie who occassionally appears on tv but usually on 5 Live radio. He has a face for radio Jox :eek:

joxville
22-Feb-09, 22:11
So I found out.

oldmarine
22-Feb-09, 22:49
Here's my Avatar taken about 66 years ago when I was a 17 year old U S Marine getting ready to go overseas in the Pacific theater during WW2.

teenybash
22-Feb-09, 23:13
Here's my Avatar taken about 66 years ago when I was a 17 year old U S Marine getting ready to go overseas in the Pacific theater during WW2.

What a handsome young man.....;)

teenybash
22-Feb-09, 23:22

How fascinating............you just can't leave it there, you must share some of your experiences as a US Marine. We shall be waiting for you to start the thread. ;)

oldmarine
22-Feb-09, 23:23
What a handsome young man.....;)

Thank you, but you should see me now at 83 years old. LOL!!!

oldmarine
22-Feb-09, 23:27
How fascinating............you just can't leave it there, you must share some of your experiences as a US Marine. We shall be waiting for you to start the thread. ;)

That was such a long time ago. My memory is fuzzy and fading rapidly. Probably would be boring compared to all the world's actions going on now.

teenybash
22-Feb-09, 23:33
That was such a long time ago. My memory is fuzzy and fading rapidly. Probably would be boring compared to all the world's actions going on now.

The best way to defuzz the memory is to start having a wander through it...the cobwebs will soon disappear and let the light in, so no more fading.

I for one would certainly not be bored and neither would others. Please share it with us. Maybe you could start by telling us where you were being sent to just after the pic was taken........ Thread time ??:)

Melancholy Man
22-Feb-09, 23:35

I'm not exactly long in the tooth, but I recall men who'd fought in the previous war, and were loathe to talk about it.