PDA

View Full Version : Places to stay in inverness?

wilma
09-Feb-06, 14:20
Hi i was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere to stay in Inverness.
I have not decided when i am going but it will be in the next couple of weeks for a much needed shopping trip lol :lol:

Thanks in advance Wilma.

tisme
09-Feb-06, 14:31
We stayed in the Station Hotel in November it is really lovely. But I am planning a 'half way' trip to see my sister in March, and she was saying there are rooms above Weatherspoons? pretty cheap by all accounts.

98elite
09-Feb-06, 14:43
Travel Lodge online is £26 per night if you book 7 days in advance. Inverness has two of them.

teddybear1873
09-Feb-06, 17:38
Cheiftain Hotel is great, stayed there a few times, no complaints there. All depends how much u want to pay for a hotel

emszxr
09-Feb-06, 18:58
holiday inn express. £48 if you book in advance, 14 ish days i think. right beside tescos and cinema. you also get a choice of cereals and pastries etc for breakfast included in the price.

The Enigma
10-Feb-06, 00:34
I stayed at the Lynver B&B a couple of years ago which was good, and not too far a walk from the city centre if you are going down on the train/bus.

callum
10-Feb-06, 00:53
i stayed at the columba hotel in inverness very handy for going out in town near barbazzas and johnny foxes just across the bridge and i got it for cheap 60 quid b&b so if you down this way then give the hotel a phone sure there quite at the mo so cheap deals etc

Fran
10-Feb-06, 01:25
you cant beat the the Royal Highland Hotel next to the railway station for £29.99 per person for dinner. bed and breakfast....an amazing price and a lovely place. i always stay there as it is so central for shopping and you can go in and out with your bags. i must go there soon and get round the shops!!!!

connieb19
10-Feb-06, 01:29
I've stayed at the Mariot Hotel a few times now and would recommend it..
They quite often have good deals on too..:)

teddybear1873
10-Feb-06, 02:13
Or if your coo coo stay at craigers

connieb19
10-Feb-06, 02:14
Or if your coo coo stay at craigersThey seem to be full up every time I want to stay there...[para] I've heard Weatherspoons is similar though!!

teddybear1873
10-Feb-06, 02:19
mmm i'l take your word on that connie lol

Fran
10-Feb-06, 02:20
Just done some checking...single room per night....Travel lodge £26now £45
Wetherspoons £44 room only,
Chieftain Hotel £57.50
Mariot Hotel £56
Ramada £59

Columbia £50
Thistle £60
Royal highland £39 (increased price) or £59 for 2 nights dinner,bed and breakfast.

connieb19
10-Feb-06, 02:24
Thanks Fran...thats really handy to know. I'm planning going to Invernss for a couple of nights next month so i'll keep this in mind..:o)

Chillie
10-Feb-06, 02:29
Thanks Fran...thats really handy to know. I'm planning going to Invernss for a couple of nights next month so i'll keep this in mind..:o)

Weather forecast is good for next month, why not try camping know a good place by loch ness.

connieb19
10-Feb-06, 02:32
Weather forecast is good for next month, why not try camping know a good place by loch ness.I do enjoy camping too..im not too sure about doing it in March though...:roll:

connieb19
10-Feb-06, 10:32
What is the nightlife like in Inverness? Is it busy all weekend, any-one know the best bars to go to? I haven't been out in Inverness for a couple of years but i think I might go down for a couple of nights soon..:grin:

melted_wellie
10-Feb-06, 11:37
What is the nightlife like in Inverness? Is it busy all weekend, any-one know the best bars to go to? I haven't been out in Inverness for a couple of years but i think I might go down for a couple of nights soon..:grin:connie,stick to the city centre area and you'll have a good time,that depends who you go with ofcoarse. i know of a quaint little b and b, i could give you the number if you like. its near to the centre too.