PDA

View Full Version : RSPCA stealing!

Buttons
03-Feb-09, 22:19
Has anyone seen this???

http://www.scottishspca.org/news/142

Outrageous the RSPCA have been taking money from people in Scotland and not telling them where their donations will be spent.

According to the 6 o'clock news, the RSPCA raise £3.5 million each year from Scotland. Unbelievable - and the Scottish SPCA doesn't receive a penny to help care for the animals in Scotland.

Bakerbhoy
03-Feb-09, 22:39
This has been going on for years. Lots of people leave money in their will to the RSPCA thinking that it will stay in Scotland but they are seperate organisations and the RSPCA only help animals in England and Wales. It is sad to think of all the animals that the SSPCA aren't able to help with well meaning people donating to the wrong charity.

teenybash
03-Feb-09, 23:09
Now that folks know the difference it can only do good......though an animal in need is an animal in need, no matter where in the world it is.

devil's sidekick
03-Feb-09, 23:18
Has anyone seen this???

http://www.scottishspca.org/news/142

Outrageous the RSPCA have been taking money from people in Scotland and not telling them where their donations will be spent.

According to the 6 o'clock news, the RSPCA raise £3.5 million each year from Scotland. Unbelievable - and the Scottish SPCA doesn't receive a penny to help care for the animals in Scotland.

It is unbelievable and rediculous.

ShelleyCowie
03-Feb-09, 23:36
That is so outrageous!

Not to sound nasty here...but i refuse to donate to things like that! I would far rather donate to local places! For example Balmore! And to be honest i would rather give food and blankets than money aswell.

If that makes me sound awful then sorry but thats just the way i am!

Same as some of the adverts you see on tv. How are we to know that the money is actually getting to them???! :confused

Frith
04-Feb-09, 12:49
Your quite right if you want your donations to go locally, give locally. The RSPCA in particular spend millions on costly legal cases to change legislation, not only here, but also abroad. And while I think this money has been money well spent, when you consider the changes it has brought about for animals being transported by road, and other areas where it has improved animal welfare. The adverts imply that it's the rehoming centres, helping abandoned and mis treated animals that get the money. The reality is that they see little of the millions given to both the RSPCA and SSPCA on a yearly basis.:mad: