PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Birthday Cakes?

leslie65
03-Feb-09, 20:27
Does anyone know if Tesco makes Birthday cakes to order and if so, how far in advance you need to order? Any info gratefully received!

grumpy1
03-Feb-09, 20:44
yeah they do you can request it when u go in and it will be done by the time u finish your shopping...its nothing too fancy a plain iced sponge with a picure of your choice..

butterfly
03-Feb-09, 21:25
yeah they do.find a photograph that you like,take it in and they will scan it and put it on the cake:)

wee sparkle
03-Feb-09, 21:25
They do indeed! :D

If you go in with a picture of your choice, then they will put it on for you there and then, and it takes around about 15 minutes, so just pop in whenever you want and you should get it done right there :Razz

Julia
03-Feb-09, 22:51
As long as the 'blank' cakes are there on the top shelf then you can have one made up anytime, I got one for the wee man's birthday and it tasted quite nice.

I would suggest though that you print your colours a good bit stronger and brighter as the sky blue parts of my boy's cake looked pale grey when printed. It was a bit disappointing but overall it still looked really nice.

leslie65
04-Feb-09, 00:30
Thanks everyone for your replies, you've been a great help!

TBH
04-Feb-09, 00:33
Macdonalds used to do birthday cakes? Not sure if they still do or not.

Hibeechick
04-Feb-09, 11:10
Macdonalds used to do birthday cakes? Not sure if they still do or not.

They do indeed. They also do the same with the photos on top!

dunbrake
04-Feb-09, 12:51
MacDonalds certainly do photo cakes and have a large choice of sizes to pick from, had one a few weeks ago even got it delivered to Frasers in Thurso for no extra charge.

floyed
04-Feb-09, 14:06
McDonald's birthday cakes are bonnie and good:lol:

Fran
05-Feb-09, 03:49
Tesco celebration cakes are £8.45

poppett
05-Feb-09, 09:17
Have tasted Tesco cake and it was ok, but not a patch on MacDonald`s celebration cakes which can be done from your own picture, their book of ideas or indeed your own design. They did a wonderful cake last year for my dad`s 88th birthday, he`s a bingo fanatic and the design was a bingo card with his birthday number highlighted. Cut well, tasted lovely, and arranged through Frasers in Castlegreen Road in Thurso.

*Martin*
05-Feb-09, 10:47
You can't beat a MacDonalds birthday cake!!!! It's a fact!!!!

We normally get the choc cakes and they are amazing!!!!!!!

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 11:40
i just ordered a birthday cake from johnson bakery! A large cake for £12.50 and that includes the writing on it! Fair delighted! :D

do de do
05-Feb-09, 17:41
MacDonald's birthday cakes are the yummiest I have tasted!!! Tesco chocolate ones are quite yummy too!

Do x

AfternoonDelight
05-Feb-09, 17:44
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS!!!! Tesco's birthday cakes indeed!!! :roll:

No wonder our High Streets are dying!!

Ash
05-Feb-09, 18:12
ive ordered my wee ones cake from reids, i love their birthday cakes, it was £15 for the biggest size... she having a party on sunday so need a bigger one for putting in party bags and hopefully some left for mum and dad :D:D

*Martin*
05-Feb-09, 22:13
just a quick sample of two of the macdonald cakes we've had

poppett
05-Feb-09, 23:37
Marvelous work. As well as the bingo themed one mentioned earlier we have had Dennis the Menace, Pooh bear, Tigger, roses, and a special cake for a 75th birthday and golden wedding combined which was a large square cake, separated by icing into two triangles, refitted back together. Super stuff