PDA

View Full Version : holidays

ivy
09-Feb-06, 13:39
anyone going on holiday this year??where??

im going to eygpt for 2weeks..

when you was younger was there a certain place you always used to go??

krieve
09-Feb-06, 13:45
I would love to go to Eygpt, Canada, Australia lucky you ivy hope you have a great time.

tisme
09-Feb-06, 13:51
We were going to go to Egypt, but were a bit unsure of the security etc. So will be interested for some feedback. So instead have just booked for a week in Krakow! should be interesting, heaps of history there. Roll on

Tymey
09-Feb-06, 13:52
when you was younger was there a certain place you always used to go??

To a little village in Cowal where my Dad is from for two weeks in either August or September.

ivy
09-Feb-06, 14:26
We were going to go to Egypt, but were a bit unsure of the security etc. So will be interested for some feedback. So instead have just booked for a week in Krakow! should be interesting, heaps of history there. Roll on
where abouts is krakow??

Tymey
09-Feb-06, 14:26
Poland I believe.

tisme
09-Feb-06, 14:28
Yip, it is in Poland. Really looking forward to it. Much cheapness....

landmarker
09-Feb-06, 16:46
I hear Krakow is wonderful - all medieval and that. Architecture looks superb.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Egypt. Why holiday in a place which has suffered such horrifying acts of terrorism (aimed at tourists) on recent years - the most recent in 2005 ! ?

It's looking like Scotland for us again,and we'll definitely be up there twice this year BUT I feel I have one more mega-motoring holiday left in me. Who knows.

MsMe
09-Feb-06, 16:54
Poland is supposed to be really nice.

Im away to Budapest a week Saturday and really looking forward to it!

-13 degrees there today though!!

squidge
09-Feb-06, 17:30
Well im off to france again this year not til october though

Might make Iona later on

Bit of a do at caerlaverock castle too maybe......

ivy
09-Feb-06, 17:31
I hear Krakow is wonderful - all medieval and that. Architecture looks superb.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Egypt. Why holiday in a place which has suffered such horrifying acts of terrorism (aimed at tourists) on recent years - the most recent in 2005 ! ?

It's looking like Scotland for us again,and we'll definitely be up there twice this year BUT I feel I have one more mega-motoring holiday left in me. Who knows.

why to they stiil persit to sell holidays there if were in such danger??
i no of a few people going there. with whats gone on its still attracts loads of people, it most probably a nice place to go.

ice box
09-Feb-06, 20:00
a holiday to me would to be two weeks without the wife lol.

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 20:04
a holiday to me would to be two weeks without the wife lol.

hahaha hope she reads that & you get a permanent holiday from her[lol] [lol] [lol]

babybunt
09-Feb-06, 20:42
I am going to Costa Dorado in Aug, 1st hol abroad so am looking forward to it!

paris
09-Feb-06, 20:59
Im of to ourgate this year, the same as last year. Where is Ourgate i hear you ask, well its at the bottom of our garden. LOL SORRY !

riggerboy
09-Feb-06, 22:12
we went to egypt last year on a nile cruise and i must say had a lovely time, dont worry about security as its as safe as walking through the high street, there are armed cops everywhere as well as the army, try a cruise i never thought i was the 1 for a cruise but i loved it, there is so much to see, its unbelieveable.

callum
10-Feb-06, 01:03
allways wanted to see eygpt but at the last moment something cropped up went to russia once very historical but not much else

Doolally
10-Feb-06, 23:10
I've always fancied Iceland but I reckon with the kids we'll probably not go far!

AR
10-Feb-06, 23:18
Costa del lybster here i come! Wish i could get hols, Still there is about 13 hours a day im away from work!

Saveman
10-Feb-06, 23:21
We used to go to a place called Cranfield in Northern Ireland. Big caravan park and lighthouse in the middle of the lough. Good times!

Not been there in 20 years.

Looks like we'll be going to Spain later in the year.....

Rheghead
11-Feb-06, 00:24
I have taken jetset holidays twice in as many years so to reduce my carbon footprint I am going on a British holiday this year, so it will be a week's holiday to Cornwall and maybe to Fife as well.

Jennie
11-Feb-06, 21:55
I'm going to Greece in June then maybe Cyprus or spain sometime later in the year!