PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere in Scotland for £15

Fran
03-Feb-09, 02:54
British Rail have their offer on again. Over 55's .....they dont check your age..........can travel anywhere in Scotland return for only £15, You can travel first class for only £4 extra. This is a great offer. You could go to Berwick and back for only £15.This offer ends 31 march 2009.

butterfly
03-Feb-09, 03:18
British Rail have their offer on again. Over 55's .....they dont check your age..........can travel anywhere in Scotland return for only £15, You can travel first class for only £4 extra. This is a great offer. You could go to Berwick and back for only £15.This offer ends 31 march 2009.

ah i am way too young for that then....unless i look 55;)

dirdyweeker
03-Feb-09, 09:51
thanks for passing on that information Fran. I know some over 55's who will welcome that.;)

pat
03-Feb-09, 11:41
Do you need a card or proof of age to travel please?

Thanks in advance - know someone will know the answer - not near a rail station, nearest is Garve! (a long ferry crossing and roughly an hour on the train) but intending to go to Aberdeen/Fraserburgh before end of March so want to be prepared to get this ticket if possible.

Fran
04-Feb-09, 02:12
No card is needed, you just ask at the office or on line for an over 55's fare.

Aaldtimer
04-Feb-09, 04:38
No card is needed, you just ask at the office or on line for an over 55's fare.
You do have to produce proof of age on request by a ticket collector.
Don't chance it...could be a long walk![disgust]

Kodiak
04-Feb-09, 14:33

WHEEE !!! Thanks Fran for this, (starts packing suitcase), I just might be able to visit my Grand Daughters in Edinburgh now. All I need now is enough money to pay for a Hotel for me and Mrs Kodiak :D

But at least I have some time, until 31st march, to save up.

daviddd
04-Feb-09, 20:49
nice one Fran - I hadn't been aware of this until now!

starlight express
04-Feb-09, 21:22
I am a Scotrail Employee and this offer is on every year it has been on since the start of October and is on until 31st March. you have to be over 55 and you may be asked to show proof of age either when purchasing the ticket or by on train staff during your journey.You can travel as far as Carlisle return for only £15.00 so is a fantastic offer.

Fran
05-Feb-09, 03:26
WHEEE !!! Thanks Fran for this, (starts packing suitcase), I just might be able to visit my Grand Daughters in Edinburgh now. All I need now is enough money to pay for a Hotel for me and Mrs Kodiak :D

But at least I have some time, until 31st march, to save up.

Travelodge have rooms for £19 on offer just now, have you tried thewir site?

poppett
05-Feb-09, 09:19
Would qualify for this offer after Saturday!

Looking at the weather I might have to use it too!!