PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Thurso Co-op Opens Thursday At 10.00am

Mr P Cannop
02-Feb-09, 20:52
The newly refurbished Co-op will open its doors once again for shoppers at 10.00am on Thursday this week. No doubt there will be a range of offers and special treats for returning customers.

dirdyweeker
02-Feb-09, 20:57
I was in the Coop in Thurso nearly 2 weeks ago and it had been refurbished then. I t was open. Did it close again for further work to be done?

ett23
02-Feb-09, 21:11
I think there has still been on-going work even though the store was opened. Maybe this is the unveiling of the completed refurb?

Mr P Cannop
02-Feb-09, 21:15
I think there has still been on-going work even though the store was opened. Maybe this is the unveiling of the completed refurb?

yes thats right

Mazda
02-Feb-09, 21:26
The newly refurbished Co-op will open its doors once again for shoppers at 10.00am on Thursday this week. No doubt there will be a range of offers and special treats for returning customers.
This is more or less what was written on the main Board . The Co op Has been open again for over a week :(

changilass
02-Feb-09, 21:31
It might be what is written on the front page but that does not give you the right to have a go, for a new member you are very vocal about what should and shouldnt happen on the boards.

If you have a problem it might be an idea to report it to mods or admin rather than having a go at long stnding members.

Mr P Cannop
02-Feb-09, 21:40
This is more or less what was written on the main Board can you NOT write your own Posts as i notice you like to Copy other peoples items out of the local paper etc :(

thats is not from ther local paper

Mazda
02-Feb-09, 21:43
It might be what is written on the front page but that does not give you the right to have a go, for a new member you are very vocal about what should and shouldnt happen on the boards.

If you have a problem it might be an idea to report it to mods or admin rather than having a go at long stnding members.
My wiew and husbands View this Board is for free speech and Views
Sorry if you did not like what was said but it is true .

ShelleyCowie
02-Feb-09, 21:47
Well i never read the paper or anything so this is all news to me! And i am sure that there are quite a few other people that dont read papers!

And i dont often read the front page either!

If someone wants to post some information then let them! Its information i am glad to read cos i was gonna nip to the coop tomorrow but instead will go to lidl!

If u cant say anything nice........:roll:

ett23
02-Feb-09, 21:49
It may be a public forum but that is no excuse for being rude. The OP was simply giving us some useful information which I found very helpful because I didn't know about it and I'm sure I'm not the only member on here who didn't read that in the paper or see it on the main website!! [disgust]

Kodiak
02-Feb-09, 21:50

Thank you for this information, I did not know this and I now know that Thursday will be a good day to go shopping in the Co-op. :D

crashbandicoot1979
02-Feb-09, 22:36
Thanks for the info Paul.

butterfly
02-Feb-09, 22:47
If u cant say anything nice........:roll:

shelley is right.bad start...

dirdyweeker
02-Feb-09, 22:48
I too obviously did not know so thanks Paul. Not all of us read the front page on the forum before we come to post. If it was in the local press I never read it either.
Suggest Mazda (and her hubby) reply politely or not at all.

binbob
02-Feb-09, 23:17

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[disgust]

footie chick
02-Feb-09, 23:21
[quote=ShelleyBain;495227]
Its information i am glad to read cos i was gonna nip to the coop tomorrow but instead will go to lidl!quote]

It was open today :confused

balto
02-Feb-09, 23:23
i am a bit confused.com, about this, the coop reopened the other week, after the refurb, so was it shut again.

ShelleyCowie
02-Feb-09, 23:24

Technically yes....but technically no! There is a certain limit as to what you can say on the fabulous org!

And to be honest...i think being rude is one thing that should be avoided!

Opinions are very welcome...but not in the form of being rude to another person!

The person was clearly advising a local supermarket was closed at the moment which by the looks of it, a few people never knew! So im sure we are all glad of the info. If you are not then thats fine but no need to go and be nasty! :confused

ShelleyCowie
02-Feb-09, 23:26
i am a bit confused.com, about this, the coop reopened the other week, after the refurb, so was it shut again.

I just watched comparethemeerkat.com ad! ;)

Anyways, it was closed last time to get all the shelving moved around and things. But this week some new things are going in i think. Its more decoration this time Balto...i think.

We will find out on Thursday tho eh! :) I was fair delighted in the coop when i went in last week...cudna find a thing but it was alot better!

balto
02-Feb-09, 23:29
I just watched comparethemeerkat.com ad! ;)

Anyways, it was closed last time to get all the shelving moved around and things. But this week some new things are going in i think. Its more decoration this time Balto...i think.

We will find out on Thursday tho eh! :) I was fair delighted in the coop when i went in last week...cudna find a thing but it was alot better!
does this mean i have to go to tesco, will the misery ever end lol. aye the coop is brilliant now, so much more room to move about in.

Mazda
02-Feb-09, 23:38
I Have changed what i wrote after getting a private message re the op .
I still say it is Free speech and thoughts on this Board.
It seems we have rattled some of you well so be it ,we wrote our thoughts and you do not like it.
I am sure the Bus Driver .Mr C wrote about did not like it either when he nearly lost his job over comments written on here by the same person but that thread was removed quickly.

balto
02-Feb-09, 23:41
It seems we have rattled some of you well so be it ,we wrote our thoughts and you do not like it.
I am sure the Bus Driver .Mr C wrote about did not like it either when he nearly lost his job over comments written on here by the same person but that thread was removed quickly.
oh you are going to get far NOT..........

changilass
02-Feb-09, 23:50

Tis a shame that whoever sent the private message didnt explain trolling to you. Bringing back another topic simply to stir the manure aint good form.

ett23
03-Feb-09, 00:05

No it wasn't shut, it's still been open despite on-going work. It was certainly open today when I went in at 7pm!!

balto
03-Feb-09, 00:07
No it wasn't shut, it's still been open despite on-going work. It was certainly open today when I went in at 7pm!!
thankgod for that, so i take it the front of the org is a it behind the times. or is that all the work finished on thursday.

ett23
03-Feb-09, 00:13
Yes I think the on-going work is due to finish in time for Thursday morning when the official opening will be held! All a bit confusing because it shut then reopened but hopefully we'll notice a difference in the shop again on Thursday with all the work being finally completed! :cool:

Kodiak
03-Feb-09, 00:18
Ahh I get it now, it is Caithness.org front page that has not been updated and is behind the times.

The Co-op reopend last Thursday and has been open every day since, but the way it is worded on the Caithness.org front page it is opening this Thursday.

I thought that since the re-furbishment had not been finished for last Thursday they had been working to finish this and was going to have a reopening ceremony this Thursday.

Now by reading it correctly it would look like this is not the case and that the Co-op did in fact reopen last Thursday. Oh Well !!!

pops
03-Feb-09, 00:18
the co-op is still open just now, i think (but don't quote me on this) that it may be closing early on wednesday and then its official opening on thursday. Its just on going work thats been happening, i've seen the occasional workmen there when i've been in. much better now than it was before.

balto
03-Feb-09, 00:22
the co-op is still open just now, i think (but don't quote me on this) that it may be closing early on wednesday and then its official opening on thursday. Its just on going work thats been happening, i've seen the occasional workmen there when i've been in. much better now than it was before.
was in the other day, when they were blocking up the bit where the cash machine was and the dust was horrendous they had to get the workmen to stop it was so bad.

butterfly
03-Feb-09, 00:23
[quote=Mazda;495311]

and mr cannop is entitled to his,so i suggest you go back out,knock,and come back in again.see how you go.[lol]

binbob
03-Feb-09, 00:31
[quote=Mazda;495311]

and mr cannop is entitled to his,so i suggest you go back out,knock,and come back in again.see how you go.[lol]

best thing...i think too..[disgust]

ett23
03-Feb-09, 13:18

Yes you're right, there's a sign up in the foyer of the co-op saying it'll be closing early tomorrow (wednesday) ar 3pm and then reopening 10am Thursday morning.

Kodiak
03-Feb-09, 14:04
Closing and then opening and then closing again to open the next day. This Old Bear is just too confused. I think it is all a Diabolical Plot to try and confuse me and I can tell you it is working.

As long as they are open when I want some shopping that is all I care about :D

Mr P Cannop
03-Feb-09, 16:16
yet again mazda bites my head off

binbob
03-Feb-09, 16:20
yet again mazda bites my head off

do not let it worry u..what goes round ,comes round..;)

butterfly
03-Feb-09, 16:41
do not let it worry u..what goes round ,comes round..;)

aye thats a fact! [lol]its also a fact if you are polite people like you more.[lol]

poppett
03-Feb-09, 21:04
Got discount vouchers in the post today for the Co-op reopening on Thursday this week at 10am. Was a bit confused myself until I read the thread as I had shopped there on Saturday morning! Talk about doubting my own sanity!!

joxville
03-Feb-09, 23:11
I very rarely read the front page of the org. I have the forum saved in favourites so come straight here. I didn't know it was open/closed/opening again. But now I do. Thanks Mr C.

Mr P Cannop
04-Feb-09, 06:35
will anyone be there for the reopening tomorrow @ 10am ?? if so can some one take photos and/or video for the web site ??

dirdyweeker
05-Feb-09, 13:34
Well Paul, I went shopping to Thurso yesterday and left my grocery shopping til just before my return journey. Alas! the Coop closed at 3pm!! I arrived at the door at 3.15.

Story of my life.

Kodiak
05-Feb-09, 13:59
Anyone been in the Co-op Today? What is it like and was there any good opening day offers on?

Too cold and Icy for me to go out so I will be staying in until the weather improves or I run out of food, whichever comes first.

K