PDA

View Full Version : My silly puss in the bath

Sarah
02-Feb-09, 00:38
Before we moved, Rigsy would only ever drink out of the kitchen sink, or the downstairs toilet sink. Since we moved however, she won't go near our new sinks, and well...she's found an alternative place to drink... http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/added5/vbiggrin.gif

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q213/happysaz133/Rigsy/DSC_0601.jpg

When she's thirsty, she goes and waits in the bath until someone happens to come in to turn the tap on for her. I even caught her asleep in the bath once, obviously she got bored waiting. Silly puss! http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/tongue.gif

ett23
02-Feb-09, 00:50
My mum's cats do this so the solution she's come up with for times when she doesn't happen to be at home/in the room to turn on the tap - she leaves a jug in the bath with water in it at all times, and one in the kitchen sink!! She puts water out for them with their food but they don't bother with that stuff. They particularly enjoy a slurp straight from the tap!!! :lol:

lynne duncan
02-Feb-09, 12:05
yahoo, we're not alone, our cat smokey does this as well, usually goes for the bath, or the ensuite shower, but there we just fill an old cup and he'll drink from it, but no way will he drink from a bowl in beside where his food is.
wonder why they do this?

Sarah
02-Feb-09, 12:46
yahoo, we're not alone, our cat smokey does this as well, usually goes for the bath, or the ensuite shower, but there we just fill an old cup and he'll drink from it, but no way will he drink from a bowl in beside where his food is.
wonder why they do this?

Glad she's not the only one! It's not like she doesn't have the option, there's a dog water bowl in the living room, and a kitty water bowl in the kitchen (we have 2 dogs, 2 cats). One cat will drink out of either bowl, but Rigsy she'll only drink out of the bath! :)

Liz
02-Feb-09, 14:44
Rigsy is such a sweety!

My late cat Rusty did exactly the same thing and would sit in the bath and wait until we turned the tap on.:lol:
He would also drink from a running tap in the kitchen sink.

We thought he wanted to drink running water so got a pet fountain. Didn't last long as he peed in it!!!:confused

ett23
02-Feb-09, 21:38
We thought he wanted to drink running water so got a pet fountain. Didn't last long as he peed in it!!!:confused

Bet he was thinking - I'd far rather drink out of the tap - how can I let her know I really don't like this fountain........?!! :lol:

Liz
02-Feb-09, 23:15
Bet he was thinking - I'd far rather drink out of the tap - how can I let her know I really don't like this fountain........?!! :lol:

That might have been it! Hee hee.

Sarah
03-Feb-09, 01:17
LOL at the peeing in the fountain thing! Rigsy at least had the decency to just ignore the fountain, she didn't protest like that :) we gave it to a friend.

pierre
04-Feb-09, 14:41
My cat was hardly drinking any water and didn't think it was good for him because he likes his biscuits so did a search on the internet and loads of people say cats don't/won't drink water beside their food so to locate somewhere else. So I tried and it def works, he drinks loads now his bowl is in a seperate room, strange but if it works.

It also said cats love running water from tap, which mine also does and he likes it from the shower even though its hot - he sits in the bath when I'm having a shower and doesn't flinch if he gets splashed, he loves water!

Vistravi
04-Feb-09, 21:17
My sisters cat smokey loves the bath too:lol:
Don't think she'll appreactiate the swim though[lol]