PDA

View Full Version : Recycling Household Batteries

Julia
01-Feb-09, 20:42
Is there anywhere in Inverness I can recycle household batteries?, I have a huge jar full to the brim and as we are going down tomorrow I want rid, I'm sure I read on here ages back about this topic.

gollach
01-Feb-09, 20:50
I asked the council about this last year and they told me to put them in my bin!

Julia
01-Feb-09, 21:06
I'm sure someone said I could leave them at Tesco in Inverness?

dirdyweeker
01-Feb-09, 21:06
Had a little look around and found that Golspie had the opening of such a facility in 2004. Cannot find anything to support the fact that this still exists. Perhaps some other Orger may have some up to date info to pass on.
Here is the link I found from 2004.

http://www.letsrecycle.com/news/news.jsp?story=3584

wifie
01-Feb-09, 21:16
Tescos recycle batteries - it is a tiny clear cylinder near the door in ours. I am sure they will do it in Wick too and are bound to in Inverness!

Julia
01-Feb-09, 21:27
I'll take them with me and just ask at customer services, Tesco in Wick don't but as Inverness has a bigger store it may do. Thanks everybody! :)

router
01-Feb-09, 21:32
http://www.wasteonline.org.uk/resources/informationsheets/batteries.htm

dirdyweeker
01-Feb-09, 21:46
I'll take them with me and just ask at customer services, Tesco in Wick don't but as Inverness has a bigger store it may do. Thanks everybody! :)

Let us know when you come back if Tesco in Inverness recycle batteries.
It would be great if they do.

wifie
01-Feb-09, 23:01
Tell them in Wick to get the finger out! [disgust]

matelot79
02-Feb-09, 19:30
Had a little look around and found that Golspie had the opening of such a facility in 2004. Cannot find anything to support the fact that this still exists. Perhaps some other Orger may have some up to date info to pass on.

The crowd I work for helped to get it up and running and then we ripped it to bits a few years ago. It was going to be coming up to Janetstown and the college was going to be taking over the research but that's the last I heard about it.