PDA

View Full Version : light bulbs

solastar
01-Feb-09, 17:34
What is it with light bulbs these days, every light fitting in our home requires different bulbs, I remember when all you got was a screw or bayonet fitting 100 wt or 60 watt bulb and sometimes we could have a choice of clear or opaque....
i hate these stupid energy efficient bulbs, they take about 10 mins to warm up in that time most often we are leaving the room again! oh the world has gone completely bonkers don't you think.

As for the free things in the newspaper......................................
What do you think of them.

Dont get me wrong i am all for saving energy but if they were a softer light they would be so much better,and they really need to work on making them a bit more "instant"

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 19:55
yeah i agree they take to long to brighten and we are often out the room by then.hubby has put them in every room now even cupboards and its the cupboard ones that annoy me when i am looking for something.we will just have to get used to them though because i think they will be phasing out the oldtype ones.they do save you money in the long run though so that can only be a good thing

Julia
01-Feb-09, 20:35
I've got a large energy saving bulb in the bathroom, it's never consistently dim either, some days it's brighter quicker other days it takes ten minutes to warm up, as solarstar said you are just leaving the room when you get the adequate light!

I hate these lights when they first come on, they make the room look so dingy and dark. My front lobby one is the worst.