PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open Final

Gizmo
01-Feb-09, 14:23
Wow!, what a fantastic final that was, Nadal and Federer are without doubt the greatest tennis players there have ever been, but Federer's time is over now, it's time for Nadal to reign supreme.

mama2
01-Feb-09, 16:27
Really wanted Federer to do it but today wasn't his day.
Congratulations to Rafa.

I hope he gets his 14th slam to equal Sampras' record I also hope he gets 15 to beat it. Federer is a class act and you cannot write off someone with one grand slam loss. If that is the case look back at Nedal in 2008 since he became number 1! This is the 1st tournament he's won since he got the top ranking!

Gizmo
01-Feb-09, 18:48
Not writing Federer off at all, he's still an unbelievable talent, it's just that he's lost that killer edge that he once had, Nadal has gone from strength to strength over the last couple of years, Federer has his place in tennis history, but i think his unstoppable winning streak has come to an end.

mama2
01-Feb-09, 22:19
There is no doubt about it he can be beaten - as today showed. I still think today's loss had a lot to do with mental pressure than physical. It must be a huge weight on your shoulders when everyone expects you to win your 14th slam.

I believe he's been one of the best things to happen to tennis. The Murray's & Nadal's have had to train and work so much harder to compete with/beat him, that it's made the quality of tennis excellent. Looking forward to the rest of 2009.

Kenn
01-Feb-09, 23:31
It was a great final, some of the rallies had me gasping,shame there had to be a loser but Nadal ultimately did deserve the title.
I'm not writing Federer off just yet, he's come back with style since his illness in the early part of last year and it is obvious he still has the deisre to win.
Bring on the rest of the season, can't wait.

Anne x
02-Feb-09, 00:41
I am a Avid Tennis Fan and have followed the game since the 60s todays match was the best the Australian Open has ever produced Nadal is just a complete Athlete in every way
He reminds me of Borg very rarely shows his feelings and never looks tired although today He must of been very tired after his last match late into the night on Friday
Today he well and truly earned his No 1 spot again Rodger Federer's problems today arose because he thought he would get his No 1 back he was going for yet another record of Pete Sampras which he did not achieve and was well beaten in the final set all in front of his all time hero Rod Laver alas he was a pitiful sight to see watch and listen to at the presentation but once he composed himself was the true champion he has been which Nadal commentated on
I believe we will still witness flashes of the Great Federer if he goes and gets himself a trainer to take him up a notch or back to what he was
roll on French Open and Wimbledon and who knows maybe oor Andy be in that battle of the titans