PDA

View Full Version : Saddest sight of the weekend...

percy toboggan
01-Feb-09, 00:50
I'm not a supporter of roadside shrines...accidents and bad things happen...they do not need bunches of flowers to wither away at the roadside to emphasise the sense of loss.
The words 'public' and 'grief' would not appear in close conjunction in Toboggan's lexicon.

However, the sorry sight of that solitary bunch of flowers in Croydon marking the spot where that African bloke was murdered was extremely moving in its paucity and pain.

He had his three year old with him for God's sake...on his way to visit his Missus and new born...an argument led to a shanking on Greater London's violent streets. I hope others locally have been moved to augment this trifling tribute because less is not more when it comes to these gestures.
Better nothing than little...because little seems so trite and unfeeling.

If I lived nearby I'd buy a bunch of daffs in the morning.

highlander
01-Feb-09, 01:10
When i heard that on the news, i shook my head and felt like crying, so very very sad, the excitement that a father and child must have felt to go and visit her mother and new baby, then to be wiped away, one can not imagine the pain that this family is going through, its time this goverment took a tougher stance to wipe out this knife and gun crimes that we hear more and more about.

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 01:13
thats awful,it beggers belief how anybody can do this.i hope they are locked up for life but somehow with our laughable justice system life doesnt mean life[evil]

Dadie
01-Feb-09, 01:20
I do not like roadside shrines at all, I feel it cheapens the death somehow, (TARNISHES THE SHINE THE LIVENG HAD)by people not knowing the person that died "grieving crocodile tears" instead of the real sadness by the nearest and dearest, but I really feel for the little girl as every little girls Daddy is invincible and to see him shot down is indispicable|(sp), Mum in hospital unable to do anything, not even console and have one to one with the little girl. The police who have to try their best to crack a case where no one will talk.....its sad!

Bazeye
01-Feb-09, 01:40
i hope they are locked up for life but somehow with our laughable justice system life doesnt mean life[evil]

Vote them out at the next election then.

Bazeye
01-Feb-09, 01:49
Whenever I go out on the town I walk over a bridge where there is a floral tribute tied to the railings in remembrance of a young man (20ish) who drowned a couple of years ago. Ido not know who he is, who his mates are,who is parents are or anything about him except his name and the date that he died. But whenever I pass this spot I always make a point of touching his tribute and giving him a high 5. MOTWYW.

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 01:55
i can understand a member of the dead persons family leaving flowers at the roadside but not every tom,dick and harry who are not related to them

JAWS
01-Feb-09, 02:13
What can you expect when three thugs who were up to their thuggish little ears with the yob who gunned down little Rhys Jones, one of who even supplied the gun, and tried to help him escape detection are sentenced to periods no more than many who commit non-violent crimes.

They had even tried to bully one of the mothers to help them in the cover-up. One was heard to comment, “All this fuss over a kid!” and not one shows any remorse.
Is it any wonder one of them was laughing like a drain as they were taken from the court?

I have no idea what the answer is to stop such casual attitude to taking life from happening but I do know that dealing with such people as if they were nothing more than naughty children certainly will not work.

I seem to have seen somewhere that the stab victim’s child had been born that very day. What chance of the baby ever having a Happy Birthday?

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 02:21
Vote them out at the next election then.

i did that last time and it didnt work!

Ricco
01-Feb-09, 10:11
I have no idea what the answer is to stop such casual attitude to taking life from happening but I do know that dealing with such people as if they were nothing more than naughty children certainly will not work.

I seem to have seen somewhere that the stab victim’s child had been born that very day. What chance of the baby ever having a Happy Birthday?

There is only one answer - the death sentence. If someone is willing to dish out murder they can only expect to receive the same in return. (Sorry, Canuck - I know this view goes against your principles)

Killing in defence or in desperation are not the same; I am talking about the cold-blooded, premeditated murder that is so prevalent still. We seem to have made little progress despite the years, decades and centuries of so-called 'civilisation'. And, yes, it is premeditated if someone packs a blade for the very purpose of using it; the thought in their mind would have been that they would use it if they had to - ergo... premeditated.

cazmanian_minx
01-Feb-09, 11:10
We used to live in Croydon and only about a mile from where that shooting took place. The decision to move for us came when a 17-year-old got gang raped in the park where I ran most mornings.

percy toboggan
01-Feb-09, 11:53
i did that last time and it didnt work!

I think a few more will join you this time.
The New Labour project is coming to an end...the problem is I don't think the Conservatives are destined to be England's salvation, or Scotland's succour.

There are only a handful of politicians I rate, and I follow the game fairly closely. When one promotes a harder line the brickbats and arrows fly....you only have to see the divisions of opinion on this board.

Unlike you and me, Mr & Mrs.Joe Public thse people have their seats on the gravy train, and their pension pots to guard.

butterfly
02-Feb-09, 01:22
i have no idea what the answer is to stop such casual attitude to taking life from happening but I do know that dealing with such people as if they were nothing more than naughty children certainly will not work.

longer sentences and no privilages in prison and hard labour.this country has gone soft