PDA

View Full Version : Walkers new trial flavour crisps

poppett
31-Jan-09, 23:13
The builders breakfast ones were mentioned in another post. Who else has tried the new varieties?

Had duck in hosin sauce and would buy them again if they are put into production.......... likewise the onion bhaji.......... both really captured their respective flavours well.

Not sure about fish and chips as a crisp, although I did used to enjoy scampi fries when they were invented.

Still not sure you can beat a plain crisp with a dish of "caithness dip"... happy memories of times long past.

Sarah
01-Feb-09, 21:21
I went crazy and bought one of each flavour, I LOVED the fish and chips, and voted for them. I also liked the Builders Breakfast. Not so keen on the chilli and chocolate and the duck ones. The other two I haven't opened those bags yet.

chef4celebrations
06-Feb-09, 20:11
i must say that the builders breakfast is the crisp for me, going to bookers next week and going to get more flavours than F'n'C and B B, so i will keep you posted as to what the squirl tastes like....lol proberly like chicken....ha ha ha ha

Sarah
07-Feb-09, 01:02
I didn't like the squirrel ones, just tasted a bit spicy to me really. Definately Fish and Chips are my favourite! None left in my shop though :(

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 12:02
I voted for Cajun Squirrel! :D Reminded me of roast chicken which i love! So voted last night!

The OH likes the cajun squirrel and the chocolate & Chilli! :confused

Sage
07-Feb-09, 12:45
Where can you get them from in Caithness?

poppett
07-Feb-09, 13:17
Frasers shop on Castlegreen Road in Thurso had the full selection of flavours. If they are sold out again, then new stock should be in on Monday.

Sage
07-Feb-09, 13:18
Excellent, thanks for the info :D

Buttercup
07-Feb-09, 14:51
McColls, in Ormlie, have all the flavours available. Got mine this morning. Fish and Chips definately the best.:D

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 15:00
Frasers shop on Castlegreen Road in Thurso had the full selection of flavours. If they are sold out again, then new stock should be in on Monday.

I looked all around the shop for them then asked at the counter! Apparently they can hardly keep them out! So the woman went and got me some! :Razz

chef4celebrations
07-Feb-09, 17:44
try the mobile chip shop they got fish and chip and the builders breakfast

babybunt
07-Feb-09, 20:59
Loving the builder breakfast and fish and chips. Brasses in Thurso sell them as well.

windswept
12-Feb-09, 20:17
I voted for Cajun Squirrel! Reminded me of roast chicken which i love! So voted last night!

The OH likes the cajun squirrel and the chocolate & Chilli! :confused

Squirrel? I hope this is not connected to the grey squirrel cull on the news night before last :eek:. I seem to remember an awful fuss over the Hedgehog crisps not that long back :lol:

poppett
12-Feb-09, 20:21
No squirrels were hurt in the making of the crisps according to the advertising. Had one and it tasted of roast chicken crisps which I hate with a passion, although I love roast chicken on a sandwich.

Venture
13-Feb-09, 00:32
Anyone know where we can get them in Wick. Tescos dont seem to have them.

poppett
13-Feb-09, 11:02
Walkers website says they will filter into the shops from 19th January onwards. Frasers in Thurso who had the full range are part of the NISA chain, so do you have any local shops in Wick from the same chain, as a first line of thought?

Venture
14-Feb-09, 01:16
Thanks poppett. I found them today in Tescos. My favourite is the Builder's Breakfast flavour. ;)

Ricco
14-Feb-09, 10:32
The Onion Bahji ones are almost spot on - could be just a bit stronger - and the Chilli and Chocolate ones are good too. Haven't tried the others yet.

poppett
14-Feb-09, 11:41
Agree with you there Ricco about the onion bhaji crisps, and still can`t decide if I like those or the duck ones best.

Chili I like, chocolate I love, but can`t imagine them combined in a crisp. Can not even think about trying one, never mind eat a whole packet, although they seem to fly out the boxes in the shops.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 13:06
Agree with you there Ricco about the onion bhaji crisps, and still can`t decide if I like those or the duck ones best.

Chili I like, chocolate I love, but can`t imagine them combined in a crisp. Can not even think about trying one, never mind eat a whole packet, although they seem to fly out the boxes in the shops.

Agree about the chilli and chocolate! Im not a fan of chilli anyway but love chocolate! Think i will give that flavour a miss just now!

Think i will just stick to cheese + Onion, Prawn Cocktail and other "plain" flavours too! lol!

Fluff
14-Feb-09, 19:09
Shelly and poppet have you tried actual chocolate and chilli? It is very very nice!! has a real kick to it, hard to describe