PDA

View Full Version : Crochet

only me
31-Jan-09, 21:21
Hi

Does anyone know of any crochet classes in Wick?

Thanks

ronica90
01-Feb-09, 18:46
Have sent a pm

girnigoe
01-Feb-09, 20:18
Hiya, Im interested too! :)

only me
01-Feb-09, 20:58
thanks, I have mailed you back.

Birdie Wife
01-Feb-09, 21:43
Shame, I've just got into crochet but I'm too far from Wick for evening classes. I've joined Ravelry though, more patterns and tutorials that you could shake and large stick at... would definietly recommend anyone who is interested in knitting or crochet to join :D

wifie
01-Feb-09, 23:46
That looks cool birdie wife! TY! :D

lynne duncan
21-Feb-09, 00:53
hi i'm also interested in the crochet, self taught haven't done much just a couple of squares

the_count
21-Feb-09, 15:49
Have done some crochet work and made a few items (tablecloths etc) and it is really simple. You cant drop stitches like in knitting as you only have one stitch all the time:D Once you know the basic stitches you can do just about anything and you dont really need patterns as you can make it up as you go along :lol:

Lavenderblue2
21-Feb-09, 19:44
I'd love to learn to crochet but I live in the Thurso area.

I've got a couple of books but it looks like double dutch to me...:confused

unicorn
21-Feb-09, 20:11
I can do one row but no idea where to go from there :lol:

shazzap
22-Feb-09, 00:21

I did this over 32 years ago can you see the hat.
I also did a dress and numerous blankets

niteowl
06-Jul-09, 16:16
am self taught but would be interested in meeting like minded people in the Thurso area

Birdie Wife
07-Jul-09, 12:27
I'd love to learn to crochet but I live in the Thurso area.

I've got a couple of books but it looks like double dutch to me...:confused

Try a different book, or look on the internet - I bet there's stuff on YouTube even - I've found there are big differences in the clarity of the diagrams in the various books, but the best one I found was actually written for kids :D I taught myself mostly from books, with a bit of help from the MIL, but I enjoy it a lot more than knitting now. It's so much easier to be creative with crochet than with knitting! Plus, if you make a mistake, you just pull it out back to where you made the mistake, and there's just one loop to pick up. With knitting, you have to unpick every single blasted loop :( just don't have the patience no more!!

Hibeechick
11-Aug-10, 12:51
I know this is an old thread...but im looking for someone to show me the basics for something I would like to try. Would be very very great full if anyone could help me out xxx