PDA

View Full Version : Y-Not Bar & Grill

happy_83
31-Jan-09, 18:02
Firstly apologises if I have posted this message in the wrong section.

However I just wanted to say how disappointed I was in the Y-Not today. We normally go there on a Saturday for a bite to eat, with it having become a routine these past few weeks.

Normally it is one of the best places to eat and we have never had fault with it. However today we went in just before one and ordered two panini’s. Almost an hour later we finally got our food.

The place was busy which is fair enough but it was a little disappointing, added to the fact that when we did finally get the food there was no apologises for such a delay and one of the panini’s was burnt.

Its such a shame that they seemed to be having an off day, we have recommended this place to others but now feel after today that it might be worth going to other places in the town etc.

And yes in hindsight I should have complained whilst we were there and not do it on the public forum.

chamb
31-Jan-09, 21:03
We were also there around about the same time, we ordered a breakfast, kids fish and chips and a tortilla wrap, it also took ages, I thnk about 3/4 of an hour.

Yes it was busy but they had 2 chefs on how they struggle with the amount that was in I dont know??

The food was okay, apart from when our sons came it was with curly fries and beans, both of which we said when ordering he didnt like??

We have also always said we like the food there, one of the better places to eat in thurso just that today seemed to be a strain to them?

TisIivy
01-Feb-09, 08:02
We were in on last week for first time after reading various glowing recommendations,place is well decorated and comfy food terrible,ordered wrap and curly fries both burnt, macaroni chips and salad, macaroni was awful never got salad when asked for salad was told didn't bother putting it on plate as most people don't eat it,did complain at time got shrug of shoulders won't be going back,wasn't very busy at time but tables were full of plates ,cutlery etc which hadn,t been cleared.

happy_83
01-Feb-09, 11:14
Thank you both for your comments, I really do not like to complain and so am glad to see that I was not the only one who found it bad yesterday.

It’s a shame Chamb that despite you stating what your son did not like they still brought it anyway, we were also brought a wrong item before our food finally arrived which added to the frustration.

I felt yesterday that to complain in person would have been pointless and feared that the reply would have been one similar to what you had TisIivy.

It is such a shame and I do hope that they can improve on there Saturday service.

Kenneth
01-Feb-09, 19:11
Chamb i worked in the central for two years, on a busy saturday, there would be 4 waiters (thats inc. 2 barstaff), 4 chefs, 2 food preparers/general helpers and 2 dishwashers, food would still be slow, and it was very busy!

I was there on saturday, i got my meal fairly quickly, it was fine. Having worked in the restaurant business i can sympathise with the staff on a saturday. They seemed to be totally understaffed. There is nothing worse than having someone complain about waiting for a meal however - good food takes time to prepare, and if you are in that much of a hurry, dont go to a busy restaurant during a rush hour lunch hour for a meal.

devil's sidekick
02-Feb-09, 23:52
Firstly apologises if I have posted this message in the wrong section.

However I just wanted to say how disappointed I was in the Y-Not today. We normally go there on a Saturday for a bite to eat, with it having become a routine these past few weeks.

Normally it is one of the best places to eat and we have never had fault with it. However today we went in just before one and ordered two panini’s. Almost an hour later we finally got our food.

The place was busy which is fair enough but it was a little disappointing, added to the fact that when we did finally get the food there was no apologises for such a delay and one of the panini’s was burnt.

Its such a shame that they seemed to be having an off day, we have recommended this place to others but now feel after today that it might be worth going to other places in the town etc.

And yes in hindsight I should have complained whilst we were there and not do it on the public forum.

Sorry to say but i don't understand how your panini could have been burnt when they use a panini machine and you can NOT burn a panini in a panini machine.

chamb
03-Feb-09, 11:23
Sorry to say but i don't understand how your panini could have been burnt when they use a panini machine and you can NOT burn a panini in a panini machine.

Tell me the panini machine you are referring to, as I have been a chef 10 years and have never come accross one?

I cant say I have never heard of one?

U sure you didnt imagine it??

Ash
03-Feb-09, 12:51
ive had a panni from ynot that was left in for far too long! wouldnt say it was burnt but it was overcooked and took ages to get it

Buttercup
03-Feb-09, 13:19
Tell me the panini machine you are referring to, as I have been a chef 10 years and have never come accross one?

Don't know if the Y-Not use one or not and wouldn't say you can't burn a panini in it, but there are plenty to be found if you do a quick search on Google, chamb. :D

devil's sidekick
03-Feb-09, 15:54

Ofcourse you get a panini machine mate if you've been a chef for 10 years you should know that, "Imagine it" you sure you having been dreaming of being a chef come on you don't even know what a panini machine is. lmao

buggyracer
03-Feb-09, 17:24
panini machine for chamb ;)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/buggyracer/panini.jpg

Ash
03-Feb-09, 17:56

maybe she means she hasnt come across a panini machine where you cant burn one

devil's sidekick
03-Feb-09, 18:00
maybe she means she hasnt come across a panini machine where you cant burn one

but also says " i can't say i have never heard of one "

TisIivy
04-Feb-09, 15:35
How can a panini machine not burn paninis?

Connor.
04-Feb-09, 15:56
I went in not so long ago and ordered prawns.

I paid £7.00 for them and I had recieved 6 prawns on a couple bit of lettuce and a little bit of cut up pepper.

Needless to say i wasn't impressed.

laguna2
04-Feb-09, 16:47
... did you complain?

Fantoosh
04-Feb-09, 18:09
I went in not so long ago and ordered prawns.

I paid £7.00 for them and I had recieved 6 prawns on a couple bit of lettuce and a little bit of cut up pepper.

Needless to say i wasn't impressed.

King prawns....which is a starter after all.