PDA

View Full Version : bad day at work....

elaine
07-Feb-06, 23:58
Today I had a really bad day at work.
Here is some background info first to set the scene...

Got a job in a new school in August.
Arrived to find no course work (none) so spent a large part of the summer creating units (this is ongoing - probably for the rest of my life).
Found out that our wing was getting totally rebuilt (WOOHOO) - so we had to pack the entire dept into boxes and move into portacabins (BOOO) for 6 months (bigger BOOOO). OK that's now all sorted, am nice and tidy in my hut - found out last week we are getting inspected (NOOOOOOO) and they will be concentrating on our subject (AHHHHHHH). As a small aside, our practical exams are in a few weeks (RUUUUUUUUBISH!) Things couldn't get much worse could they........

Went to work this morning and one of our practice room/storage room huts was petrol-bombed last night (GREAT) We have lost: 2 Drumkits, a piano, a set of timps, cd players, 20 guitars 2 filing cabinets full of music, kids instruments, amps, speakers etc etc...and the girl I work with has been off sick all week - so had to deal with her classes, my classes, CID and the rest.

All in all, a VERY bad day - I'm off for a stiff drink
Just thought I would share that with everybody!

elaine
08-Feb-06, 00:05
P.S. could everyone make a wish that MY hut doesn't get it tonight?
Cheers
elaine

_Ju_
08-Feb-06, 00:05
{{{{{Hug}}}}}
things can only get better, can only get better, can only get better.... c'mon, sing along with me!!!!

MadPict
08-Feb-06, 00:10
In the words of Training and Development Agency For Schools (who thinks up these dept. names?) -
Teaching is a unique job, with a unique professional lifestyle. Every day has the potential to be as inspiring, challenging and different as the children you teach..............

JAWS
08-Feb-06, 00:28
Elaine, has the roof on your Portacabin started leaking yet? [evil]

elaine
08-Feb-06, 00:35
You're right! That will happen tomorrow: the rain will pour through the roof onto the keyboards, I will switch the power on and blow my own hut up!!

golach
08-Feb-06, 00:36
Elaine our hearts bleed for you

paris
08-Feb-06, 11:09
Elaine, your a c.orger, you can cope with anything !!

Whitewater
08-Feb-06, 11:23
Ahhhh!!!!, elaine, just another day at the office. How boring life would be had we not got all these little things to keep us on our toes and develope creative and innovative minds.

grantyg
08-Feb-06, 12:14
Yep that sure puts my bad that I had into perspective!
Monday.....
The day started fine, I managed not to burn my self on the radioactive porridge.
Then it started 10 mins up the road and I got roadraged by a bus that was behind that seemed to want me to pull out into oncoming traffic!
So I arrive at my first school only to see my pupils walking out of the school on a class field trip!
Well I head over to the high school and aftyer walking into the school and through the staff room I discover from the reflection in a window that my fly is gaping open!
Well I pop into the base room and there is no one in I try to remidy the situation only to discover that these £15 Tesco Trousers have a dodgy zip (this is the 2nd pair like this!) I have only had them 3 days!
So the zip is goosed and there is a small voice in my head telling me to tell the staff that there has been an accident and a family member has gone to hospital.....or I have 3 mins I can risk a speeding ticket go home and change.... or I can find a shop and buy new trousers.... these all depend on me seeing people. So the common sense part of my brain kicks in and in A team like stylee I decide to fix them!
All there is is glue, stapler, sellotape and lots of guitar string!
Well I chose the stapler - word of warning never I repeat never try and staple you trouser fly together whilst wearing them!
After the tears and blood subsided I discovered with some origami like positioning i could get my fly to appear shut!
With a strategically placed tie and sitting behind a desk I managed to get through the day!
Then when I came home to vent off about it on here afetr I wrote up the story and hit post it had booted me out and I had lost the post AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

JAWS
08-Feb-06, 12:23
You're right! That will happen tomorrow: the rain will pour through the roof onto the keyboards, I will switch the power on and blow my own hut up!!
And I thought I was the only one who had days like that. At least I now know I'm in good company. :D

cuddlepop
08-Feb-06, 17:36
who said life was boring.....:o)
Who needs the tele when you've got the org...

_Ju_
08-Feb-06, 19:48
Yep that sure puts my bad that I had into perspective!
Monday.....
The day started fine, I managed not to burn my self on the radioactive porridge.
Then it started 10 mins up the road and I got roadraged by a bus that was behind that seemed to want me to pull out into oncoming traffic!
So I arrive at my first school only to see my pupils walking out of the school on a class field trip!
Well I head over to the high school and aftyer walking into the school and through the staff room I discover from the reflection in a window that my fly is gaping open!
Well I pop into the base room and there is no one in I try to remidy the situation only to discover that these £15 Tesco Trousers have a dodgy zip (this is the 2nd pair like this!) I have only had them 3 days!
So the zip is goosed and there is a small voice in my head telling me to tell the staff that there has been an accident and a family member has gone to hospital.....or I have 3 mins I can risk a speeding ticket go home and change.... or I can find a shop and buy new trousers.... these all depend on me seeing people. So the common sense part of my brain kicks in and in A team like stylee I decide to fix them!
All there is is glue, stapler, sellotape and lots of guitar string!
Well I chose the stapler - word of warning never I repeat never try and staple you trouser fly together whilst wearing them!
After the tears and blood subsided I discovered with some origami like positioning i could get my fly to appear shut!
With a strategically placed tie and sitting behind a desk I managed to get through the day!
Then when I came home to vent off about it on here afetr I wrote up the story and hit post it had booted me out and I had lost the post AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

I have a confession: I was rolling on the floor in laughter.... please don't be offended and thank you so much for sharing your day. It made mine a whole lot better all of a sudden!

elaine
08-Feb-06, 20:27
Bad day cont.....

Spend all morning up to my knees in ash and soot attempting to do an inventory - in the pitch black and cold. Next job is to go through all the grubby black music in the filing cabinets and make a list of what needs to be replaced! (someone kill me now) The cost is now running to nearly 20 grand.
I wonder if the vandals have given this a second thought?
Not flamin' likely! (geddit?)

Arrived home to find "Kitten Carnage" all over the house (a bird of some description) followed the feathers up stairs into the bedroom and (yup you guessed it) onto the bed (CUUUUUUUUUURSES!).
Those pesky cats - (it was probably a nice wee prezzie for me after all my moanin' yesterday!)
I wonder if Max and Harli have given this a second thought?
Not purrin' likely!

Big G
08-Feb-06, 23:35
Bad day cont.....

Spend all morning up to my knees in ash and soot attempting to do an inventory - in the pitch black and cold. Next job is to go through all the grubby black music in the filing cabinets and make a list of what needs to be replaced! (someone kill me now) The cost is now running to nearly 20 grand.
I wonder if the vandals have given this a second thought?
Not flamin' likely! (geddit?)

Arrived home to find "Kitten Carnage" all over the house (a bird of some description) followed the feathers up stairs into the bedroom and (yup you guessed it) onto the bed (CUUUUUUUUUURSES!).
Those pesky cats - (it was probably a nice wee prezzie for me after all my moanin' yesterday!)
I wonder if Max and Harli have given this a second thought?
Not purrin' likely!

What school do you teach at? I think that is awful kids doing that! If it wasn't for you teachers they wouldn't have a education or a job, and this is how they pay u for ure hard work! Terrible i think!!! [mad]

elaine
08-Feb-06, 23:50
I really hope it wasn't one of the kids. I don't suppose we'll ever find out!

JAWS
09-Feb-06, 00:15
Now Elaine, you must be more understanding. The poor little dears that burned the place down were probably once shouted at by their mummy for playing with matches. This terrible interruption of their creativity would have left them frustrated and disturbed emotionally.
All the little darlings are doing is trying to live out their restricted childhood fantasies which they have carried through into real life.
What a shame they didn't have fantasies of jumping off high buildings. :evil

Hope you soon get the mess sorted out and some sort of normality restored. I hope the kids you teach are not too badly affected because at the moment I would think that's the last thing you need.

A thief I can understand, it's wrong and I don't like them doing it, but at least I can make sense of their behaviour. But damage just for the sake of doing damage I never have been able to make sense of.

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 00:24
Elaine , Sing this, it helps me along-

Always look on the Bright side of life, do do do do do do do

well!!!!!!!:grin: :p