PDA

View Full Version : Which laptop?

Fran
07-Feb-06, 23:53
I want to buy a laptop but dont know what kind to get.What one do you have? Recommendations please?

nisthrl
08-Feb-06, 12:18
I have bought the Medion laptop from woolworths.

This is a very good machine with a brilliant Widescreen. It runs everything I need no problem and the wireless internet connection is a breeze.

The only thing is the sound quality isnt that good (as with all laptops) however it runs very well through my Pc speakers.

Hope this helps.

DrSzin
08-Feb-06, 12:45
Almost everyone I know has either a Dell or an IBM. Neither are cheap but both are (usually) reliable.

moncur
08-Feb-06, 13:40
Iv heard nothing but good things about 'Acer' laptops. a wee bit more expensive than dell but far better in reliability.

Sans Peur
08-Feb-06, 17:56
I've had an Acer for about 5 years and its been great and is still going strong, it also has a very good display even by todays standards. Got a Dell recently through work and its great, very good wireless connection on it. Have used various other makes at work and the best was probably a Compaq.

All depends on your Price range and what you intend using it for.

DocStone
08-Feb-06, 23:17
HP or Asus for your laptops, HP for build quality and Asus for price.

Honestly do not look anywhere else, Asus currently have a 64bit machine, Widescreen, 512 RAM and 60gb HDD for under £700, bargain.

The Doc

Phoebus_Apollo
09-Feb-06, 14:13
This is one of the best deals around... (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=102113)

:grin:

ice box
09-Feb-06, 22:57
I have bought the Medion laptop from woolworths.

This is a very good machine with a brilliant Widescreen. It runs everything I need no problem and the wireless internet connection is a breeze.

The only thing is the sound quality isnt that good (as with all laptops) however it runs very well through my Pc speakers.

Hope this helps.
I also bought one the same and thats the only problem is the sound but with the speaker in its great

DeePee
10-Feb-06, 18:31
What are you going to be using it for? Do you know what specs you want but just need a brand to buy?