PDA

View Full Version : Signatures...

celtic 302
30-Jan-09, 22:33
This might well have been talked about before, but I've not seen it, so here goes. Why did you choose your signatures?

ShelleyCowie
30-Jan-09, 22:36
I chose :eek:BOOYA:eek: because i was feeling rather random at the time! Plus i quite often say it when i am in the right (RARE) with something me and my OH are discussing! [lol]

Sarah
30-Jan-09, 22:37
I don't have one on yet, but I am about to upload one of my pets.

TBH
30-Jan-09, 22:40
I don't have one on yet, but I am about to upload one of my pets.Don't you think that's a bit cruel?

Sarah
30-Jan-09, 22:41
Don't you think that's a bit cruel?

LOL I mean a sig with pics of them on! :lol:

Fluff
30-Jan-09, 22:57
Nicked mine form someone else!

TBH
30-Jan-09, 23:08
LOL I mean a sig with pics of them on! :lol:I had visions of you attaching one of your pets to the usb socket.[lol]

Oddquine
30-Jan-09, 23:34
I chose mine because it is the way I usually feel!

TBH
30-Jan-09, 23:37
I chose mine because it is the way I usually feel!Depression is a very hard thing to deal with.

arana negra
30-Jan-09, 23:56
I change mine every so often and my avatar. I look for quotes etc that appeal to me.

trix
31-Jan-09, 00:04
I chose :eek:BOOYA:eek: because i was feeling rather random at the time!

'ats a tenabowly thing....:roll:

its no caught on in weik yet....thank god!!!

TBH
31-Jan-09, 00:10
'ats a tenabowly thing....:roll:

its no caught on in weik yet....thank god!!!I think they have been exposed to ali G in Wick also.

wifie
31-Jan-09, 00:16
I am a teanabowla and I don't say stuff lek 'at!
My sigs change wi my mind! I love changin sig and avatar!

trix
31-Jan-09, 00:29
I think they have been exposed to ali G in Wick also.

no me, no...da watch 'at crap...wi too sophisticated [lol]

its only lately iv herd'ed an its ayie bin by a teena' :Razz

TBH
31-Jan-09, 00:31
no me, no...da watch 'at crap...wi too sophisticated [lol]

its only lately iv herd'ed an its ayie bin by a teena' :RazzAye sure Trix, I believe you, Booyaaaaa.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
31-Jan-09, 00:33
AHH no my signature was not meant to be assosiated with Ali G! Hate the man! lol! going to change my signature now! [lol]

Back soon with a new one!

ShelleyCowie
31-Jan-09, 00:39
Ta da! ;) and i quote "Muse - Showbiz"

Anne x
31-Jan-09, 00:41
Its nice to be Nice isnt it ?
Avatar goes with my mood or events happening around me thoughts foremost in my mind at the time

wifie
31-Jan-09, 00:42
Forgot to say - mine is a Proclaimers' lyric at the mo!

wee sparkle
31-Jan-09, 01:44
Well, i tried to think of something witty for mine, but knew nothing...:lol:

So i went on google and found some websites with good quotes and things on them..... and so i stumbled across this one:p

I quite liked it, and it does in a way describe me...;) haha

crayola
31-Jan-09, 01:50
I don't have a signature. My posts are my own words. They may not be to everyone's taste but they're mine and mine alone and I would feel guilty if I used someone else's words.

Fran
31-Jan-09, 01:58
I chose mine when my partner died, as tomorrow may never come, his didnt, and he always lived for today and not for tomorrow during his last 9 months.I might change it soon. I never plan ahead now.

Ricco
01-Feb-09, 10:30
Looks like someone has been guilty of fishing.

Gizmo
01-Feb-09, 10:48
What can i say, i like toilet humour and word play ;)

AfternoonDelight
02-Feb-09, 15:25
Mine reflects my varied taste in literature and the fact that my car is for sale... :Razz

hotrod4
02-Feb-09, 17:47
Mine is just a userbar.;)
It changes regularly.

butterfly
03-Feb-09, 00:14
as ye know i hevna got one but ats because i dinna know yet how to get one but i will cross at bridge when i come to it.....[lol]

JAWS
03-Feb-09, 03:40
Mine is just a plain statement of fact.

Metalattakk
03-Feb-09, 04:02
Mine (as I said the last time this topic was on the go) is a phrase told to me by a Moldovan fellow Heavy Metal fan about the first Iron Maiden album.

I would never have thought or considered the idea of music making my blood burn, but as soon as he said it, it made utter and absolute sense.

Nail head, hammer, thump.

Thumper
03-Feb-09, 14:39
Mine is a wee dig at the nosiness of people around us,although if thats what keeps them happy they can crack on with it :) x

dirdyweeker
03-Feb-09, 14:45
Mine is a wee dig at the nosiness of people around us,although if thats what keeps them happy they can crack on with it :) x

Yes Thumper, I do like yours!

Thumper
03-Feb-09, 14:49
Aww thanks dirdywicker :) x

Reev
03-Feb-09, 14:50
Im sure i was in a "dark place" when i wrote this, personally i thought it sounded cool! :D

joxville
03-Feb-09, 15:20
The fantastic, gorgeous, Miss Melua. And I love her. Nuff said.

ett23
03-Feb-09, 16:29
Mine (as I said the last time this topic was on the go) is a phrase told to me by a Moldovan fellow Heavy Metal fan about the first Iron Maiden album.

I would never have thought or considered the idea of music making my blood burn, but as soon as he said it, it made utter and absolute sense.

Nail head, hammer, thump.
I like it! Well the way you said how it suddenly made sense like a nail being hammered in!!! :lol:

ett23
03-Feb-09, 16:57
Hey I got my signature! Very apt I'm sure my husband would agree with it considering the amount of time I spend in front of the mirror!!:roll:

Thumper
03-Feb-09, 17:00
I love that one Ett23.....I think we should all get t-shirts made with that on....can we pinch it? [lol] x

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Feb-09, 17:04
A great Scottish writer said them. Who am I to argue?

ett23
03-Feb-09, 17:05
I love that one Ett23.....I think we should all get t-shirts made with that on....can we pinch it? [lol] x

Yeah definitely - good idea!! I've also seen some really funny quotes on fridge magnets you get in gift shops. Have to see if I can find some to share with you on here. I end up giggling to myself in the shop and getting strange looks. I also do that when looking at the funny cards section!! :eek:

mccaugm
03-Feb-09, 17:08
I change mine regularly but have to confess to nicking the current one from a mates Bebo site. My avatar is usually a homage to the god that is Daniel Craig but is currently me at age 4, the age of my youngest child. Was I cute, you decide?

ett23
03-Feb-09, 17:16
Here's a few funny sayings i managed to find on the web:

There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles.
Make a list of important things to do today. At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate.' Now, you'll get at least one thing done today.
I never met a chocolate I didn't like.
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?
I married beneath me – all women do!
I’m on a brandy diet – so far I’ve lost 7 days!!
I’d give up chocolate but I’m no quitter!
The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
Always give 100% at work: 12% Monday, 23% Tuesday, 40% Wednesday, 20% Thursday, 5% Friday.

Well they made me laugh anyway!! :lol:

trix
03-Feb-09, 18:28
A great Scottish writer said them. Who am I to argue?

ye may no argue but i wid....:Razz

i wid hev til agree wi' 'e work o' isobel salmond.

iv bin readin her poems til 'e auld kiddies at ma work an they remember weik in a completely different light than yer man...

between chune holidays, 'e bonfire an kinnairdie.....ye'v got it all wrong ma friend!!! 'e mountain dew an 'e chon o' groat chournal...?? :cool:

yer man may be weel travelled but ye hev til be a special person til appreciate ma home toon ;)

choost oot o' curiosity, how long did yer man actually bide in weik? long enough til form such an opinion i wonder??

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Feb-09, 18:31
"ye hev til be a special person til appreciate ma home toon"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"how long did yer man actually bide in weik? long enough til form such an opinion i wonder??"

Only takes a minute, girl, as Take That might sing.

trix
03-Feb-09, 18:36
Only takes a minute, girl, as Take That might sing.

take that?? never herd o' them :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Feb-09, 18:37
I think they're now referred to, in some quarters, as Took That.

trix
03-Feb-09, 18:57
I think they're now referred to, in some quarters, as Took That.

i think ye should 'take that' signiture an ram it far 'e sun disna shine....:Razz

if yer man actually hung wi 'e locals durin one o' his rare 'visits' an hed a bit o' crack wi them, im prity sure his opinion wid be a whole lot different.

one thing that yer man missed oot, when summin up ma home toon is that its got character lek no ither place...

i love ma home toon an i cana hear enough aboot kait'ness history.

RLS can kiss ma erse....(sorry golach)...an so can ye pepsi :Razz

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Feb-09, 19:04
i think ye should 'take that' signiture an ram it far 'e sun disna shine....:Razz

if yer man actually hung wi 'e locals durin one o' his rare 'visits' an hed a bit o' crack wi them, im prity sure his opinion wid be a whole lot different.

one thing that yer man missed oot, when summin up ma home toon is that its got character lek no ither place...

i love ma home toon an i cana hear enough aboot kait'ness history.

RLS can kiss ma erse....(sorry golach)...an so can ye pepsi :Razz

I appreciate it, trix, and you're quite right in giving us the GIRUY. I don't blame you at all :)

Seriously, though, I think RLS spent quite a fair bit of time in Wick. He had family who worked extensively in Caithness and he wasn't the sort to spew forth his opinion quickly (unlike a lot of us in here). I can't recall which book the quote comes from, but I also remember RLS making a further comment about how the person driving him by horse-carriage to Thurso from Wick knew, and am paraphrasing, "everyone that passed us on the road by name."

trix
03-Feb-09, 19:27
but I also remember RLS making a further comment about how the person driving him by horse-carriage to Thurso from Wick knew, and am paraphrasing, "everyone that passed us on the road by name."

now thats what am talkin aboot ;)

when i hear stories aboot how 'e wemin (wi young bairns) hed til take soldiers intil their hoose, when their men wis off fightin in 'e war. how proudly they tell me that they cared for 'at guys, cleaned for them, cooked for them....!!

when i hear aboot how much fun they hed when they wis little an how close they all were.
they hed 'nothin'...not a bean in their pockets...but 'e love that went roond an 'e crack that went on.....wis phenomenal.

i hev one wifie that minds every shop in weik, 'e shop keepers, their sisters..an brithers. who they merried an far they ended up.

weik wis lek one beeg faimily in yon days....i think i wis borne too late :(

golach
03-Feb-09, 20:15
RLS can kiss ma erse....(sorry golach)...an so can ye pepsi
Why bring my name into your ramblings trix? I have nothing to do with this theard[disgust]

trix
03-Feb-09, 20:38
Why bring my name into your ramblings trix? I have nothing to do with this theard[disgust]

i choost mind, no so long ago golach, a month or 2 perhaps? that ye gave me 'bad rep' an left a comment regardin a word i hed used, that loosely resembled a 'bad' word.

i try no til do'ed anymore but on 'e odd occasion that i deem it quite appropriate, i choost feel that i hev til apologise til ye.
apart fie bein quite hurt aboot 'e bad rep, obviously i da want anymore fie ye...cos ye hev got so much kudos man...ye are worth alot o' points :eek:

'e last thing i wid want til do wis offend ye again....i know choost how touchy ye can be ;)

golach
03-Feb-09, 20:45
i choost mind, no so long ago golach, a month or 2 perhaps? that ye gave me 'bad rep'

May I remind you, who started the Bad Rep game between us, You did!!! I only returned the favour

trix
03-Feb-09, 21:01
May I remind you, who started the Bad Rep game between us, You did!!! I only returned the favour

aye, ye will hev til remind me golach...in detail please.

iv only ever gien bad rep once on orgland...an 'at wis til jox for startin a nasty thread aboot ma pal karia. we hev since made up an apologies were made on both sides :D

i apologise if ye think i gave ye bad rep but i can assure ye, ye are mistaken.

i wouldnt dare!

mccaugm
03-Feb-09, 22:02
Golach/Trix, Please play nice and write in English, so I can understand what is being said...thanks. No offence meant by the way!

joxville
03-Feb-09, 22:39
aye, ye will hev til remind me golach...in detail please.

iv only ever gien bad rep once on orgland...an 'at wis til jox for startin a nasty thread aboot ma pal karia. we hev since made up an apologies were made on both sides :D

i apologise if ye think i gave ye bad rep but i can assure ye, ye are mistaken.

i wouldnt dare!

Aye, she's right-I wis shocked, stunned and taken aback at being her first bad rep-in fact, I only recently got out of rehab, it hit me that much. But I'm better noo-the Valium cravin's aren't so bad. [lol]

joxville
03-Feb-09, 22:42
Hey I got my signature! Very apt I'm sure my husband would agree with it considering the amount of time I spend in front of the mirror!!:roll:

trix
03-Feb-09, 22:58
Golach/Trix, Please play nice and write in English, so I can understand what is being said...thanks. No offence meant by the way!

i ment til say til ye earlier...fit a bonnie little lascie ye wis fan ye wis yownger.

a rite cutie pie ;)

ett23
04-Feb-09, 00:21

Is that you in your avatar?

If only! No it's actually Shakira. But we do look very similar (in my dreams!!) :Razz

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 02:03
so how do ye get your signatures then,av no idea how to go about it or even if i am entitled to one.:roll:

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 02:15
your all safe way me,i widna bad rep anybody,theres no point in it[lol]

Metalattakk
04-Feb-09, 02:49
so how do ye get your signatures then,av no idea how to go about it or even if i am entitled to one.:roll:

Top left, click 'User CP', then under 'Settings and Options' in the left bar there's an option to edit a signature.

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 03:12
Top left, click 'User CP', then under 'Settings and Options' in the left bar there's an option to edit a signature.

thankyou kind sir!:)

Metalattakk
04-Feb-09, 03:18
Aw shucks, stop it...I'll just get embarrassed... ;)

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 03:32
thanks to you metalattakk i got a signature.cheers.its one that my dad used to say if he thought us kids took things for granted.[lol]