PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tuggs?

kas
29-Jan-09, 22:55
There is quite a bit of snow talk on the weather forums, TV forecasts and in the newspapers today, hows it looking for us, as alot of the talk is of England.

Met office has light snow showers for Thurso on Sunday night and all day Monday, that is as far as the forecast goes.

Whats your take.

dragonfly
29-Jan-09, 23:01
please NO!!! don't want snow as we have to go off in the caravan next week when we take Brodie down to Edinburgh for his op - don't fancy being snowed in when in a caravan :eek:

ShelleyCowie
29-Jan-09, 23:06
Had on let me check ma diary....no snow just now please it seems i actually have to go outside next week! :lol:

As much as i love snow going down Castlegreen road with a pram is no fun!! lol! Bad enough going down there on my own! Im rather...clumsy! :confused

balto
29-Jan-09, 23:27
can it come on monday, stay to friday then go, as fingers crossed I WILL BE MOVING that weekend lol. bring on the snow though i love it.

Tugmistress
30-Jan-09, 07:46
I'll have a look for you later today folks - will be about 4pm before the charts i like are out but i promise i'll post as soon as i see the ones i want :)

young_fishin_neep
30-Jan-09, 07:53
You can have all the snow you want in thurso between monday and friday morning, just as long as it dont hit inverness then and it all gone by friday night and still aint back by sunday afternoon as i dont want snow when im out runnin lol

xxxx

JAWS
30-Jan-09, 12:48
It can't be true. It is only last month that they were insisting on the News that Russia suffering a very warm winter and that the people of Moscow were asking where all the normal arctic conditions and snow where.

Dadie
30-Jan-09, 17:22
Damn think its time to look out the thermals again!
Never mind the snow its a very lazy wind out there ....it goes straight through you instead of around:lol:
are we going to have wheelie bin races again??

mccaugm
30-Jan-09, 17:26
I walked round the town today (Thurso) and was knackered just doing that? The wind was unreal even for Caithness. The thought of snow is appealing but only over the weekend..

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 20:20
snow!! thats great cause i have just started my holidays and anyway the dog loves it,loves a snowball fight![lol]

Tugmistress
30-Jan-09, 21:04
Ok folks, sorry i'm late in posting, i ended up working unexpectedly all day so just in the door.

From a quick look get yer woolly knickers oot! anything falling from the sky from midnight sunday til thursday (that's as far as i've looked) will more than likely be snow! *maybe* a brief respite on wednesday but still borderline for upper air temps being cold enough.
i can't see any major hooligans after tomorrow (maybe gusting 50mph on the east coast) but the wind is going to go into the east so yes it's definately thermals time. later aound thursday it's still looking cold enough for snow, but that's further than i like to go ahead but the wind also turning to come in from the north, it's looking like a bitter week folks, definately icy in a morning so be prepared and stay safe.

ShelleyCowie
30-Jan-09, 22:31
Ok folks, sorry i'm late in posting, i ended up working unexpectedly all day so just in the door.

From a quick look get yer woolly knickers oot! anything falling from the sky from midnight sunday til thursday (that's as far as i've looked) will more than likely be snow! *maybe* a brief respite on wednesday but still borderline for upper air temps being cold enough.
i can't see any major hooligans after tomorrow (maybe gusting 50mph on the east coast) but the wind is going to go into the east so yes it's definately thermals time. later aound thursday it's still looking cold enough for snow, but that's further than i like to go ahead but the wind also turning to come in from the north, it's looking like a bitter week folks, definately icy in a morning so be prepared and stay safe.

YAY! Snow! Thank u! Its like u bring the snow! haha! I just got giddy! EEK! [lol]

Tighsonas4
30-Jan-09, 22:37
Damn think its time to look out the thermals again!
Never mind the snow its a very lazy wind out there ....it goes straight through you instead of around:lol:
are we going to have wheelie bin races again??
we certainly had them last night, thought it was bombs going off in the middle of the night lol [lol] tony

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 23:09
[lol]
YAY! Snow! Thank u! Its like u bring the snow! haha! I just got giddy! EEK! [lol]

but what about going down castlegreen road![lol]

Tugmistress
31-Jan-09, 10:10
:lol: don't expect great dumpings of the white stuff, monday is looking quite bright, it'll just be bits and flurries for the beginning of the week, it's more the icy mornings that'll be white!
will take a look later this afternoon to see if anythings changing.

balto
31-Jan-09, 10:17
[lol]

but what about going down castlegreen road![lol]
shelly will just have to get a pair of ski's for the wheels of her pram.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
31-Jan-09, 11:49
haha i think i will have to get the ski's attached! I hate going down that hill even without ice or snow! Always think my clumsy feet are gonna let me down! [lol]

Boss
31-Jan-09, 19:26
There is quite a bit of snow talk on the weather forums, TV forecasts and in the newspapers today, hows it looking for us, as alot of the talk is of England.

Met office has light snow showers for Thurso on Sunday night and all day Monday, that is as far as the forecast goes.

Whats your take.

As "one" who has not seen snow in a great many years, I was rather looking forward to it, thus far however, it has eluded me.

Kodiak
31-Jan-09, 19:33
If we do get snow you will not see me outside. I hate the Snow and the Snow hates me. Do not be fooled by the Fluffy White Stuff as each flake is a deadly killer in disguise and they are all after me. Paranoid who's Paranoid.

Tugmistress
31-Jan-09, 20:26
don't worry kodiak, it wont be lots, just had a look, overnight sunday, monday and overnight monday are the main chances for now for us, so whatever falls out of the sky will be white but i think it'll be very little. tuesday and wednesday are very very borderline for snow, i would say only 20% chance those two days.

no sledges yet folks :roll:

butterfly
31-Jan-09, 20:54
As "one" who has not seen snow in a great many years, I was rather looking forward to it, thus far however, it has eluded me.

ah well boss just give it a little bit o time and you`ll get some![lol]

butterfly
31-Jan-09, 20:58
haha i think i will have to get the ski's attached! I hate going down that hill even without ice or snow! Always think my clumsy feet are gonna let me down! [lol]

well cancel castlegreen rd,stay at home and make a big snowman!![lol]

JAWS
31-Jan-09, 23:43
Don't worry Tugs, despite all the warnings that the whole country is about to enter the next ice age you are not missing anything.
I think I have found the reason behind the dire warnings.

The cold air continues to push west over the UK on Saturday night and on Sunday temperatures for most areas in the UK will hover around freezing.
Eastern areas will begin to see some snowfall during Sunday.

By midday on Monday snow flurries will have become widespread, with heavy snowfall possible for south-east England.

OMG it’s going to snow on London – The World will never recover!

Tugmistress
01-Feb-09, 10:11
haha thanks jaws :D
i don't watch news or weather or very much telly at all so have not heard the 'snow ramping' .... if it's going to fall on london that's why there's lots of people hearing about it :roll:

JAWS
02-Feb-09, 04:37
I think the ultimate comment on one of the warning was, "Where snow falls it will stick." Well, if it sticks where it doesn't fall then I really will worry. :roll:

Fluff
02-Feb-09, 08:37
SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!! ooh I am getting ready for work now, got up, opened the blinds and there is HEAVY snow fall over night! not the usual icing sugar dusting, real proper snow.
Yes I am quite excited! hehe. Only thing is, everything will stop now. Buses, trains etc... sadly one person has already died nearby when his car left the road.

oh, and it is still snowing fairly heavily as i type :D

Fluff
02-Feb-09, 09:04
Bad word! It is getting much heavier!!!

JAWS
02-Feb-09, 09:36
Little fluffy bits have just been struggling to fall down up here too. Just a few bits for a few seconds so far.

MadPict
02-Feb-09, 13:00
A few flurries of snow whcih gave a thin dusting on the ground but when I last peeped out the window most of it had melted.
Hardly the heaviest snowfall for 18 years or whatever they are declaring it!

I spent most of last night waxing the runners on my sledge - disappointed that I have nothing to try it on......

ShelleyCowie
02-Feb-09, 13:02
Well i am grateful there is no snow today! I have no choice but to go down castlegreen road! Have doctors....lets hope all this practice going down that hill with the pram will help for when snow does come! Think i need some snow boots tho! :lol:

supernova
02-Feb-09, 13:55
Looking at the weather it shows we might get some Tuesday/Wednesday what do you think Tugmistress?
My Sister is in Kent and she said they've got about 4 inches at the moment but its still snowing. I'm so jealous and she hates the snow I'm crossing everything hoping it will head our way.

Kodiak
02-Feb-09, 14:33
If any of you hear some weird sounds coming from my House, it is just me doing an Ancient Secret Bear Anti-Snow Dance.

I HATE THE SNOW AND THE SNOW HATES ME

dirdyweeker
02-Feb-09, 15:36
Hoping from the lunchtime weather map that we may get some snow in Wick tomorrow. The only thing blowing today is the washing on the rope. Not bad drying!

Tugmistress
02-Feb-09, 15:50
Looking at the weather it shows we might get some Tuesday/Wednesday what do you think Tugmistress?
My Sister is in Kent and she said they've got about 4 inches at the moment but its still snowing. I'm so jealous and she hates the snow I'm crossing everything hoping it will head our way.

i was laughing at the motorists trying to drive on low profile tyres, in first gear, revving the engine to nearly destruction earlier lol - can't you tell they are not used to it!

anyway, i'll look at the 12z charts when they come out, i am not keen on the one out at the moment, it'll be around 4.30pm when i can post a proper reply :)

dirdyweeker
02-Feb-09, 15:53
Will await the forecast for tomorrow then. I am very hopeful of lots of snow so I can stay indoors all day and "chill".
A good book and a lazy day would suit nicely:lol:

Tugmistress
02-Feb-09, 17:48
Will await the forecast for tomorrow then. I am very hopeful of lots of snow so I can stay indoors all day and "chill".

sorry to disappoint, i don't think we'll see anything white of any significance past tonight until wednesday late afternoon/evening, then it'll be cold enough for anything to fall as white stuff through til saturday as far as i can see at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of cloud around to produce great dumpings - though i could be wrong lol

Venture
02-Feb-09, 17:48

You're entitled to that now anyway dirdyweeker seeing as you've quietly sneaked past the 1000 and become a 1K orger. Well done to you.:)

kas
02-Feb-09, 22:49
sorry to disappoint, i don't think we'll see anything white of any significance past tonight until wednesday late afternoon/evening, then it'll be cold enough for anything to fall as white stuff through til saturday as far as i can see at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of cloud around to produce great dumpings - though i could be wrong lol

Thanks as always, although its not what I want to hear. The sledge will have to wait for now..............

Geo
03-Feb-09, 03:51
Raining at Bilbster. :( I was hoping for some snow.

alfie
03-Feb-09, 05:02
Raining at Bilbster. :( I was hoping for some snow.
It's also raining here in Thurso, may be a bit of sleet, but I want the stuff they have in London, it looks just ace!!! :cool:
Where are the days of yore, when it would snow and last more than a week, and we could build as many snowmen as we could manage, and snow angels, and even the odd try at an igloo... Kids nowadays have no idea what real snow is like... (that's such a shame):roll:

Kevin Milkins
03-Feb-09, 12:39
I had a email and pictures off my Grandchildren from Exeter this morning saying they are enjoying there first snow. How mad does that seem?
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/DSC00829.jpg

m.coghill
03-Feb-09, 12:46
All I want is snow on the mountains, skiing last weekend was poor.
Very icy (and sore on the posterior), only half the tows running and they still charge full price, the fatherless children that they are!.

scoobs
03-Feb-09, 20:40
are we going to get the snow tonight then ?

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 00:10
are we going to get the snow tonight then ?

No scoobs, not tonight, it'll start to get cold enough in the upper air tomorrow evening and it's looking like that'll last until saturday or sunday at the moment, the odd heavy snow shower but mainly light snow around the coastline, inland areas will get more especially at the slightly higher elevations. don't tell the kids yet but they might have enough around for a wee sledging session by saturday ;)

dirdyweeker
04-Feb-09, 00:18
don't tell the kids yet but they might have enough around for a wee sledging session by saturday ;)

It is not the 'kids' in my house but ME who wants it. I will be first out (before they get out of bed!) and build my snow folk.:lol:

scoobs
04-Feb-09, 00:45
thanks for the weather report tugsmistress.:)

supernova
04-Feb-09, 12:54
Thanks for the update Tugmistress I'll be watching out the window in anticipation.:D

Geo
04-Feb-09, 13:15
. don't tell the kids yet but they might have enough around for a wee sledging session by saturday ;)

This 40 year old kid hopes you are right! :lol:

neepnipper
04-Feb-09, 13:59
It's snowing in Auckengill!

Geo
04-Feb-09, 14:12
Snowing at Bilbster too but it would take an awful lot to stick as the ground is soaking from all the rain.

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 16:29
This 40 year old kid hopes you are right! :lol:

hehe this 40+ yr old kid hopes i am too ;)

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 16:33
Just a quick update and explanation to help you expect snow, when the dew point reaches 0c it will be cold enough for 'proper' snow to fall, not just the cooled down rain we've been getting, so those with the ability to see this at home will know when to expect it, my current reading is 0.8c dew point....... it's coming :D

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 18:07
ITS SNOWING! :Razz

lynne duncan
04-Feb-09, 18:19
blast just for once i don't want it, postpone it to the weekend please

dafi
04-Feb-09, 18:27
Its been snowing all day over here but its only started to stick over the last hour or so.

Kodiak
04-Feb-09, 18:37
It is Just snowing and no more, so far nothing is lying and long may it stay that way. Just in case you all don't know, I HATE SNOW !!!!!

unicorn
04-Feb-09, 18:41
It is going to have to freeze hard for the snow to lie.

supernova
04-Feb-09, 18:54
Snowing loads near Bower but the wind is just blowing it horizontally so not much is sticking:~(

poppett
04-Feb-09, 19:10
Know it is a bit early, but need to know as soon as possible if road to Inverness will be ok for Sunday then onward to Edinburgh on Monday? Can you help please Tuggs?

cuddlepop
04-Feb-09, 19:20
Snowing in Portree and its lying.:D

binbob
04-Feb-09, 20:07
snowing in halkirk too..lying in places....;)

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 20:55
Know it is a bit early, but need to know as soon as possible if road to Inverness will be ok for Sunday then onward to Edinburgh on Monday? Can you help please Tuggs?

take it steady, it's looking like there'll still be snow about all the way down.

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 20:58
take it steady, it's looking like there'll still be snow about all the way down.

I take it that it is too warm for snow to lie just now then tuggs?! Lookin at yer website....1.1 degrees (ish) I think lol

kitty
04-Feb-09, 21:02
Theres nothing where i live but was just speaking to a friend who lives up in Syre and they've got about 3-4 inches.

Not fair. lol

Tugmistress
04-Feb-09, 21:03
I take it that it is too warm for snow to lie just now then tuggs?! Lookin at yer website....1.1 degrees (ish) I think lol

ok that's the temperature shelley, the dew point is what's critical for snow to form and fall.
i'm not great on snow but from what i can understand it will lie in temps up to about 2c if it is a heavy enough fall (large volume) - the waterlogged ground will only melt it slowly so the fall needs to be enough to cover the ground quickly and build up enough depth to cool the ground down for it to stick.

bet that's as clear as mud lol

catnip
04-Feb-09, 21:06
came back from thurso tonight on the watten road. driving at 30mph it was such a blizzard. once past watten getting near wick it was sleet. It looks worse up the thurso end so far. So if anybody travelling there take care.

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:06
ok that's the temperature shelley, the dew point is what's critical for snow to form and fall.
i'm not great on snow but from what i can understand it will lie in temps up to about 2c if it is a heavy enough fall (large volume) - the waterlogged ground will only melt it slowly so the fall needs to be enough to cover the ground quickly and build up enough depth to cool the ground down for it to stick.

bet that's as clear as mud lol

Ahh i was not 100% sure whether it was the temp or dew point! Looking now it says dew point 0.0C but i understand ya! ;)

I am not sure if i want snow just yet! The OH does....he is not the one walking down castlegreen road at 9am with the pram til go til doctors! :roll: And then back down later again for another app! Lol!

Cheers Tugs!

ett23
04-Feb-09, 21:10
I am not sure if i want snow just yet! The OH does....he is not the one walking down castlegreen road at 9am with the pram til go til doctors! :roll:
Wonder if they have any snow plough attachments for your pram - could come in handy if the snow lies overnight!!!

Douglas Cowie
04-Feb-09, 21:11
I came up from Inverness and it was blizzard conditions from Helmsdale to just outside Thrumster, visibility was terrible and you could only do 25MPH, cars were turning back just before Ousdale. The Berriedale Braes were dire and there was not a gritter to be seen.

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:17
Wonder if they have any snow plough attachments for your pram - could come in handy if the snow lies overnight!!!

I think im going to need more than snow plough attachments! Im terrible in snow! As much as i love the white fluffy stuff im clumsy on my feet as it is! :confused

If anyone see's a woman walking with a pram that cant even get up a kirb and takes 15 minutes to cross a road...its probably me! :lol:

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 22:14
its snowing in wick....yippee:D

JAWS
05-Feb-09, 05:42
Tuggs got it right again. I had a nosey to see what the Met Office had to say. It seems they think we are having "wintery showers".
Well, this is some shower we are getting! :roll:
Well done Tuggs!

joxville
05-Feb-09, 06:20
Blooming typical. Thursday was expected to bring more snow and it started here late last night, but it's not been much, about 1-2 inches so far. I was up at 4.20, about to leave house at 4.45 and got text from boss saying not to go in, await further instructions. I could have had a long lie, instead of sitting here at pc. [evil]

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 11:36
Blooming typical. Thursday was expected to bring more snow and it started here late last night, but it's not been much, about 1-2 inches so far. I was up at 4.20, about to leave house at 4.45 and got text from boss saying not to go in, await further instructions. I could have had a long lie, instead of sitting here at pc. [evil]

Wouldnt you far rather be here on the fab org speaking to us than in yer bed or at work! ;)

I could have gone back to bed but would have gotten kicked out for being too cold! :roll: And to get a brew on!!

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Feb-09, 13:47
Literally can't move here in Hawick. Roads blocked, schools closed, people stranded - it's amazing.

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 14:04
Literally can't move here in Hawick. Roads blocked, schools closed, people stranded - it's amazing.

im jealous!!!!!!!!!!

purplelady
06-Feb-09, 00:08
so does anyone know what the weather will like like on mon am heading down to perth on the bus x

buddyrich
06-Feb-09, 00:19
Today i was driving down the causewaymire and happened upon a gritter parked at the entrance to spittal windfarm. The two occupants werent exactly at the cutting edge of road-clearing, in fact they looked positively lackadaisical as they examined Zoe, 25, on page 3 of the Sun. I muttered an oath at the lazy swine and carried on down the road.

I attempted to turn off the still snowy main road onto the totally ungritted Achavanich road at Rangag. I slowed right down to a crawl to make the turn and managed to slide over to the giant kerb on the other side and dented my wheel. And the gritter sitting a few miles back wasting diesel so the driver can keep his toes warm!

Cazart!

WickLad08
06-Feb-09, 06:32
Ever considered driving hours and breaks or is that only for people who work in offices? What nonsense everyone deserves a break and if they had been sitting on their backsides you would never have made it to the turn off in the first place.

Tugmistress
06-Feb-09, 07:53
so does anyone know what the weather will like like on mon am heading down to perth on the bus x

We're still in the cold spell, upper air temp probably cold enough monday for more snow if anything falls out of the sky.

highlander
06-Feb-09, 10:07
I always get excited now when i see Tuggs has posted in the snow thread, grrrrrrrr then read that it would now be monday until we see snow, just wondered if you could post if we are likely to get thunder and lightening, my hubby will not be too pleased with me that i keep unplugging the modem, so worried i might loose another one, had to wait 3 weeks for the last one to be replaced! (i was going mental, gawd withdrawls evennnnnn) lol

Tugmistress
06-Feb-09, 12:10
in all honesty highlander i don't have a scooby about whether we'll get thunder and lightening. i only have a basic understanding of what conditions are needed to produce that and it's no where near enough for me to say yay or nay, sorry, if i had to say i would say not as there is not a clash of warm/cold fronts up here.
we will have snow highlander before monday but it seems the wick side are being inundated with it this morning lol and we are just getting a teaser :(

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 12:12
in all honesty highlander i don't have a scooby about whether we'll get thunder and lightening. i only have a basic understanding of what conditions are needed to produce that and it's no where near enough for me to say yay or nay, sorry, if i had to say i would say not as there is not a clash of warm/cold fronts up here.
we will have snow highlander before monday but it seems the wick side are being inundated with it this morning lol and we are just getting a teaser :(

Boo hoo! I want lots of snow!

dirdyweeker
06-Feb-09, 12:46
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8202/sv102559ek1.jpg

Surely today Shelley you have some snow? This was a street in Wick during the school run this morning.

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 13:23
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8202/sv102559ek1.jpg

Surely today Shelley you have some snow? This was a street in Wick during the school run this morning.

There is nothing here!!! Thats just....thats just teasing! I want snow! I love the stuff! :~( My OH keeps looking at these photos too and is so jealous!! :~(

buddyrich
07-Feb-09, 00:31
Ever considered driving hours and breaks or is that only for people who work in offices? What nonsense everyone deserves a break and if they had been sitting on their backsides you would never have made it to the turn off in the first place.

Dont lecture a trucker on driving hours, boy.

embow
07-Feb-09, 09:05
Today i was driving down the causewaymire and happened upon a gritter parked at the entrance to spittal windfarm. The two occupants werent exactly at the cutting edge of road-clearing, in fact they looked positively lackadaisical as they examined Zoe, 25, on page 3 of the Sun. I muttered an oath at the lazy swine and carried on down the road.

I attempted to turn off the still snowy main road onto the totally ungritted Achavanich road at Rangag. I slowed right down to a crawl to make the turn and managed to slide over to the giant kerb on the other side and dented my wheel. And the gritter sitting a few miles back wasting diesel so the driver can keep his toes warm!

The answer is simple. The guys having a more than likely well deserved break would be Transerv workers responsible for the A9. The Achavanich road is the reponsibility of Highland Council and would more than likely not yet have been treated at the time you turned on to it, probably because there would be a fleet of gritters running around Wick to keep the good citizens of the Royal Burgh all safe and secure from the skifters which fell on the town compared to the amounts out in the rural areas.

DIH
07-Feb-09, 10:46
My O.H works for the council and he is responsible for gritting the Achavanich Road. I can assure you he was at his work for 6am and out gritting up Lybster, Dunbeath and a lot of the back roads up there shortly afterwards. I know from what he tells me about the conditions at times up there that the ice/snow can be a lot more severe than in the town. That is why there are always two men in that gritter and they have been issued with survival packs in case they get stuck.

They are also entitled to a break but it wasn't them sitting at the entrance to Spittal windfarm reading page 3 of the Sun. If you started your work at 6am and were working until 4.30pm or later you would want a break as well.

Gritting is not as easy as you think. In the snow you have to figure out where the verges of the roads are especially on the back roads which are often single track or you will end up driving of the road. The grit also comes out the back of the lorry so they are also driving on untreated roads.

I know this is their job and they chose to do it but I sometimes feel people expect too much of them. Yes it would be lovely if all the roads could be clear when you go out in your car but they can't be everywhere at once and have certain roads to clear first. Where I live my road is rarely gritted but I'm not complaining. My O.H and his colleagues work really hard at this time of year and I think they deserve our praise instead of getting gurned at.

Well done all the gritter men.

highlander
07-Feb-09, 11:56
If the gritter men were having a break, one thing for sure they must have been reading the previous days sun newspaper as the papers have been late getting into caithness, well done gritter men keep up the good work.

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 11:57
Its snowing...just not enough for it to lie! :~( COME ON SNOW!

kas
08-Feb-09, 20:04
At last it is white outside our house. It has been so faustrating knowing there was snow just a few miles inland most of the week and seeing it all over the news.

An hour of this and I should have enough for a snowman. Bring it on.........

ShelleyCowie
08-Feb-09, 20:24
My OH already built a mini snowman earlier! Yes thats "grass hair"

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5733/dsc00712lu5.jpg