PDA

View Full Version : Octuplets

Kenn
29-Jan-09, 22:34
The more I think about eight babies the more I think, how on earth would one cope?
I know the parents will get support from various agencies but I am finding it difficult to imagine feeding time, bath time ,the laundry and the logistics of raising so many at the same time.
Thank goodness I'm now onto the grandmother stage and have enough arms to cuddle my grand child.

balto
29-Jan-09, 22:41
The more I think about eight babies the more I think, how on earth would one cope?
I know the parents will get support from various agencies but I am finding it difficult to imagine feeding time, bath time ,the laundry and the logistics of raising so many at the same time.
Thank goodness I'm now onto the grandmother stage and have enough arms to cuddle my grand child.
the bit that gets me is she is planning on breast feeding them lol, i struggle with me 9 week old never mind 8, if she is expressing, it will be like a dairy lol, but good luck to her, 14 kids in total, brave woman.

Dadie
29-Jan-09, 22:47
The shopping bill...just doing the shopping....washing...wiping...feeding...nappies.. ..

She will be needing lots of help for years!

And industrial sized washing mashines!:lol:

ShelleyCowie
29-Jan-09, 23:04
no no no no no no! How on earth....i mean...what! 8 babies! No way! haha!

They will need their own electricity station right next to em to keep the washing machine going for that!

And an extreme sized nappy wrapper! LOL!

I will just stick to havin 1 baby! :eek:

Bazeye
29-Jan-09, 23:07
Havent heard about this story. Is she married, single and if married is her other half paying or is it the taxpayer?

balto
29-Jan-09, 23:09
Havent heard about this story. Is she married, single and if married is her other half paying or is it the taxpayer?
think she is married and now they have 14 kids.

teenybash
29-Jan-09, 23:14
All the love and luck in the world for these eight little beings.................Mum and Dad will cope with their precious bundles with a lot of love and support with their little miracles. Bless them.:)

butterfly
29-Jan-09, 23:15
the couple in britain who had 6 girls some years ago now said they wouldnt be able to survive without sponsors.when they had sponsors that helped with things.they got nappies from pampers for doing an advert and they got a people carrier from another company,all sorts of stuff came their way so the american couple will do allright if they court publicity.

balto
29-Jan-09, 23:21
the couple in britain who had 6 girls some years ago now said they wouldnt be able to survive without sponsors.when they had sponsors that helped with things.they got nappies from pampers for doing an advert and they got a people carrier from another company,all sorts of stuff came their way so the american couple will do allright if they court publicity.
so far they are keeping out of the limelight, cant wait to see pics of these little bundles of joy.

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 00:45
the family have been advised by the "EXPERTS" not to dress them all the same because with that many it could give them an identity crisis later in life.

Margaret M.
31-Jan-09, 17:43
Seemingly grandmother has told daughter to not expect her to be there when she brings home the babies and grandfather has to go work in Iraq to help support the babies. Fourteen children under the age of 8 all living in their grandparents two bedroom house. Yikes! A single mother of six who has filed for bankruptcy and lost her home bringing eight more into the world is just irresponsible, in my opinion. Mine is not to judge but .... I wish all the children well and I hope mother can find a way to support them all in every way, including financially.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ilIx-PXnXPpwF1a_nlRYF00fzBIQD96261B81

sassylass
31-Jan-09, 18:05
Seemingly grandmother has told daughter to not expect her to be there when she brings home the babies and grandfather has to go work in Iraq to help support the babies. Fourteen children under the age of 8 all living in their grandparents two bedroom house. Yikes! A single mother of six who has filed for bankruptcy and lost her home bringing eight more into the world is just irresponsible, in my opinion. Mine is not to judge but .... I wish all the children well and I hope mother can find a way to support them all in every way, including financially.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ilIx-PXnXPpwF1a_nlRYF00fzBIQD96261B81

Well said Margaret M. Mother claims to "just love children" but it seems she's made an irresponsible decision, given her circumstances.

ShelleyCowie
31-Jan-09, 18:11
Oh my goodness! Thats the first time i have had a chance to read the whole story!

It is pretty mental that even though she had 6 before...they offered her IVF again?? :confused

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 03:53
thanks for the link margaret.this puts a whole new slant on things now.the people that allowed this to happen were stupid.what were they thinking.i now feel sorry for those children,how on earth will the mother cope.....

Oddquine
01-Feb-09, 04:27
I don't think the mother will, if the grandmother takes herself off. And I'd not blame her if she did.

Isn't it as well that all the embryos have gone, or we may be reading the same story in a couple of years time.

Of course she will be offered IVF in the US......as long as she can pay for it.

DM07
01-Feb-09, 09:19
Oh my!
Whats done is done and perhaps its shouldnt have been but its in the past now and she will ne support for the childrens sake.
She is very lucky in a way as some couples dont even have one

cazmanian_minx
01-Feb-09, 11:13
Sky News interviewed Max Clifford about this on the day the news broke - he said that if they choose to play it that way, they'll never have to work again. The first picture of the family together alone would be worth about £1m in syndication rights and that's before all the sponsorship from nappy companies, clothing companies, formula companies etc. etc. etc.

percy toboggan
01-Feb-09, 11:45
Did anyonew see the surviving seven octuplets and their younger sister last week?
Born to a black mother - I think somewhere in the States. I heard the woman giving an interview and she was an absolute tonic. All the kids seem to have been brought up brilliantly - they are now ten years old. She sounded so worldly wise and such a good mother, instilling the importance of education and discipline into her brood. I suppose order would be the first requisite, otherwise family life could descend into chaos. I have no doubt all of those kids will be a credit to their parents, their community and their country.

balto
01-Feb-09, 12:12
mind the walton sisters, think was there not about 6 of them, what age will they be now.

percy toboggan
01-Feb-09, 12:15
mind the walton sisters, think was there not about 6 of them, what age will they be now.

early to mid twenties...still living in Lancashire, I think.

balto
01-Feb-09, 12:18
early to mid twenties...still living in Lancashire, I think.
really that age already, mind when they were born, must be getting old lol. thanks for the info percy.:Razz

Jovi
01-Feb-09, 15:28
The Walton sextplets are about 25/26 and live on the Wirral. I worked with the girls Grandmother at the time and the family were initally very overwhelmed by having 6 children. They were lucky that their immediate family were so supportive,Gran was always available and helped as much as she could,a lovely lady who worked very hard. The family did receive offers of nappies and other goods but only short term and they had to make appearences etc in return and were constantly 'on show' while keeping up with feeding,washing ,changing and caring for their children in the media spotlight. The girls were always polite and friendly and have grown up to be well adjusted individuals all still supported by a loving family. Hard work but very rewarding raising one child never mind six,all a credit to them. Good luck to the 8 babies in America,I hope they receive the same kind of family support.

Penelope Pitstop
03-Feb-09, 12:23
This story is still strong in America. There was talk about it this morning on breakfast telly.

IVF professionals couldn't understand why she was implanted with so many embros.....seemingly not normally the case. Also they were discussing why she got IVF in the first place as she already has 6 children. Grandparents are reportedly going to move out of the house.

She is being branded "Americans most hated woman" at the moment.... Looks like she is going to have some trying times ahead....and that's before the bairns start yelling...lol