PDA

View Full Version : today...

landmarker
07-Feb-06, 21:06
....today I got up and had my breakfast. Tomatoes on toast.
Went to work for 7-00am.

Pondered clouds as the sun rose then got hungry again ,time for dinner.
Scratched my neck cos it was itching about three pm.

Tummy rumbling time. Someone asked if I was excited (getting another car tomorrow). I replied 'no, not really'

Managed to stave off some trapped wind , avoiding embarassment in front of my boss. He doesn't like trumping noises I'm told.

Came home, kissed my wife, ate my tea wished our son 'happy birthday' on the phone. Opened a bottle of wine and logged on to the net.

Allowed Rheghead to influence my tone of post, so blame him.

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 21:12
Glad to hear you had such a lovely day..I slept in, ran out he door forgot to take any lunch or money, had a long boooring day at work. I couldn't wait to get home. WhenI got home the fire was out and the cat had you know what on the floor[mad] Thank goodness I have the computer to cheer me up...
Knowing my luck the electric will go out soon because i've just remembered I havn't bought tokens for the meter this week!!:confused:

paris
07-Feb-06, 21:20
TODAY... was late getting up, so rushed around making packed lunch for my grandson then of to school. Got home ,started the washing, then hoovered from top to bottom. Cleaned parrot out. Took daughter into town/job center. got back and started to prepare dinner/tea.
3pm Had 20 Min's singing on my karaoke...didnt do to well either LOL(won a box of chocs last night for singing at the pub) then of to do the school run.
Got back packed a bag for grandson ..hes staying at his mothers tonight so i get a lay-in tomorrow, fed and watered the family, signed in to c.org doing this and off for a nice bath in about 20 Min's.
Wonder what tomorrow will bring ???? jan x

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 21:27
Got up...........checked emails and the Org. Fed dogs and cat - checked emails and the Org -cleaned out cages (canaries) - checked emails and the Org - dealt with some correspondence - checked emails and the Org - ate breakfast and generally faffed about - checked emails and the Org - pedalled my bike for an hour and contemplated religion and zealots and the KKK and the Salem witch thing etc etc - checked emails and the Org - had a shower checked emails and the Org - had lunch (a banana and a non-fat yoghurt as I am going out to dinner tonight) - checked emails and the Org - spoke to youngest son on the phone - checked emails and the Org - had a wander round the garden with the retinue and refilled all feeders - checked emails and the Org - took sweeping brush out of cupboard and looked at the floor - checked emails and the Org - spoke to hubby on the phone regarding time and place of dinner tonight - checked emails and the Org - dealt with some more correspondence and made some necessary appointments - checked emails and the Org...Gosh what a busy day! Really better go and use the sweeping brush......and dig the iron out as the trousers I want to wear tonight needs a quick rub over........will probable check my emails and the org a couple of times yet before I leave in an hour and 10 minutes...just in case.

Who me?..addicted.......naw!!

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 21:33
I forgot to add...even when I sleep I dream about the org.. Last night i dreamt I was looking up questions for hosting the Quiz!!:confused:

paris
07-Feb-06, 21:35
Oh and i forgot.. the best part of my day was my son came to visit and we sorted a few things out....we haven't spoken since before November! All to do with his partner, i cant stand the woman !!!!!

landmarker
07-Feb-06, 22:24
Blimey! this was intended as a sideswipe at Rheggy, but I end up reading all about your days, mostly much more interesting than mine.

I'm also about to have a bath, it's the first tuesday in the month after all.

I hope tomorrow is okay. I always get a sickly feeling in the stomach whenever I spend a couple of grand on a car. Am I buying a pig in a poke? The last several have been pretty good and I've every reason to believe this one will be too but you just never know. Do you?

I hope to partake of the quiz soon Connie - if I can get in the room that is.

In the meantime here's a trial question:

How many members of the public make up a jury?

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 22:25
Blimey! this was intended as a sideswipe at Rheggy, but I end up reading all about your days, mostly much more interesting than mine.

I'm also about to have a bath, it's the first tuesday in the month after all.

I hope tomorrow is okay. I always get a sickly feeling in the stomach whenever I spend a couple of grand on a car. Am I buying a pig in a poke? The last several have been pretty good and I've every reason to believe this one will be too but you just never know. Do you?

I hope to partake of the quiz soon Connie - if I can get in the room that is.

In the meantime here's a trial question:

How many members of the public make up a jury?eleven?????

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 22:30
12???.with a couple of spares..............or have I been watching too much American TV?:o)

lassieinfife
07-Feb-06, 22:33
got up at 5:45 showered dressed checked on line went to work cooked breakfast for patients n staff [porridge.... bacon ,sliced sausages, links haggis, b pudding fried eggs served it all up cleared kitchen prepared for lunch served lunch cleared kitchen came home checked on line [aol and caithness] cleared house... burried the budgie [he was 14 yrs old] cooked shepherds pie for tomorrow checked on line watching csi as i potter once again .... soon be time for work and it all to happen again ...............cept for the budgie n shepherds pie lol

lassieinfife
07-Feb-06, 22:34
12???.with a couple of spares..............or have I been watching too much American TV?:o)

thought it was 12 just men?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Feb-06, 22:38
Sorry to here about your budgie lassieinfife.I was day-off work today and in the afternoon Savey taught me how to write paragraphs.:lol:

Ah what a difference a day makes.

landmarker
07-Feb-06, 22:45

Wasn't it four 'just' men...and 'twelve angry men'?
Never was good with numbers.

I remember Janice...'Ill give it foive' but that was a different type of jury.

p.s. (and jokes aside) fourteen is a good age for a budgie. Sorry he's gone. I didn't know they could live so long.

BustedShoe2
07-Feb-06, 22:50
Cor... more interesting than me then... I don't work Tuesdays so got up about 8:30, listened to the new belle and sebastian cd before going for a walk into town and along the beach.

Then I came home and a friend came over for lunch which involved noone making anything to eat and drinking tea. Friend then left, went out in the car upto Scrabster and out to Halkirk.

Then took above friend to the coffee shop for a chocomocofrapperlatechino (kidding), had tea (or dinner to those round here... 5 o'clock's tea time i say) drove friend home, watched tv... and the rest of my night will be spent worrying because i'm already 20 years old and may have gone the wrong way in life but don't know how to get what I want (a job i might enjoy)... I might as well be 50 :confused

JAWS
07-Feb-06, 22:55
Oh and i forgot.. the best part of my day was my son came to visit and we sorted a few things out....we haven't spoken since before November! All to do with his partner, i cant stand the woman !!!!!
Paris, thank Heaven your son's partner isn't a male or I dread to think what you would have been accused of. :roll:
Could it be that your a femophobe?

landmarker
07-Feb-06, 23:01
and the rest of my night will be spent worrying because i'm already 20 years old and may have gone the wrong way in life but don't know how to get what I want (a job i might enjoy)... I might as well be 50 :confused

Blimey!

You've barely started out, there's lots of time to turn things around.
Even if you find a job you like you'll probably get sick of it one day - that's where I am now. Yes, I'm fifty odd and almost equally confused. Good luck !
Thirty eight years I've been working and frankly, I'm a little browned off with it now.

Still, I really wanted to be a lighthouse keeper - look what happened to them.
At least I'm not extinct!

lassieinfife
07-Feb-06, 23:13
well thats me on the slippery slope i was 55 last week and by sound of bustedshoe2 there isnt life after 50 lol.................. come on girl get out there n look or look on line, post your CV dont just moulder.. if you make the wrong choise you still have time to turn things around

BustedShoe2
07-Feb-06, 23:20
come on girl get out there n look or look on line, post your CV dont just moulder..

I'm a dude but thanks a lot for the encouragement it's appreciated :grin:

JAWS
08-Feb-06, 12:56
That's a very sexist statement, lassieinfife. I'm sure they allow women on juries now. :)

squidge
08-Feb-06, 13:24
got up at 7am made porridge for the boys, shouted at older one to get up, had shower, shouted at older one to get up, dried hair, screamed at older one to get up, took wee one to school, worked - orged - worked - orged - worked - orged - worked - orged - lunch - worked - orged - worked - orged - worked - orged, went home, made dinner, got changed went singing came home ate dinner watched footie thing offisde is it called cos man likes it bed sleep and so it all begins again sigh

wickerinca
08-Feb-06, 15:02
Day 2...Got up...computer duty.....fed dogs and cat...computer duty....had breakfast...computer duty...showered and dressed .....computer duty...went and filled outdoor feeders...comouter duty...now going to dentist.have to get a filling.....where is the valium...hate the drill!!...will not be back for rest of day!!!

lassieinfife
08-Feb-06, 15:10
That's a very sexist statement, lassieinfife. I'm sure they allow women on juries now. :)

is a lassie has done jury service but that used to be the statement for juries...........no insult intended towards my fair sex lol

lassieinfife
08-Feb-06, 15:11
tiz all very exciting lives we lead

Whitewater
08-Feb-06, 15:26
Got up with wife at 7am, showered, had breakfast (bananas on toast) and drove wife to work, returned home made some coffee and got onto Caithness org. for an hour or so, then took out sons dogs, had a great walk up the river. Prepared lunch and picked up Mrs Whitewater, had lunch and then returned her to her job. Prepared dinner and then spent afternoon bowling. (what a hard life I have) returned home, picked up wife, took dinner out of oven and enjoyed our meal where I get all the news of the day. Changed clothes and went to meeting, home about 10.30 pm and broused the org before going to bed.

Regarding juries, yes they do allow women to sit on juries, my wife spent a week on one about 10yrs ago.

golach
08-Feb-06, 16:46
Lassieinfife, You HAVE been watching too much American CSI/ Law and Order, its 15 persons on a Jury in Scotland :roll:

paris
08-Feb-06, 18:37
Had a bad day today, feeling really cheesed off. woke about 9am, fed the dogs/cat/parrot, then decided to do some gardening. It may be bright sunshine here but boy is it cold, so i put it on hold until another day.
Hairs got a mind of its own now, only had it done yesterday and it sure doesn't look any thing like it did when the hairdresser did it. Been arguing with hubby on and of all day and dont really know why, suppose i had better go and say sorry GRRRRRRRR ! Fed the kids so now need time for me. Im going in our hot-tub tonight to chill out with a nice glass of wine in one hand and a fag in the other so there .