PDA

View Full Version : Dad threw girl, four, from bridge

bettedaviseyes
29-Jan-09, 18:20
(http://search.aol.co.uk/web?query=Girl+thrown+from+bridge&restrict=countryUK&invocationType=____)

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-eu/UKPP/1/310/-/90/http://www.aolcdn.com/aoluk_feeds/category/200901/20080729021399117947851
Girl, four, died after her father threw her from a bridge in Melbourne

A father threw his four-year-old daughter to her death from a 200 foot bridge after a custody battle with his estranged wife.
Arthur Freeman, 36, was arrested an hour later in the Australian city of Melbourne with his two other children, boys aged six and eight who were unhurt.
He was charged with the murder of Darcey Freeman, but did not appear in court because police said he was psychologically unfit.
Police said Freeman was involved in the custody battle and had appeared in a family court on Tuesday and Wednesday.

god i find this shocking why do folk take it out on the children a blooming shame.....

Shabbychic
29-Jan-09, 18:29
This kind of thing is happening too often. Some parents appear to look on their children as objects or possesions rather than human beings. It is absolute madness.

ShelleyCowie
29-Jan-09, 18:38
Oh my goodness that is awful! :~(

percy toboggan
29-Jan-09, 19:26
Chuck him off the bridge - justice.
He deserves nothing else.
Lowest of the low.

oldmarine
29-Jan-09, 19:31
Sick, sick, sick and more sick than a human should ever be allowed to get.

brandy
29-Jan-09, 19:51
its all in the news right now how a man and his wife were both fired from their jobs, and the husband went home and killed his wife and 5 children (all under 8) and then himself. he sent a fax and call to the local news station stating his intentions and also called emergency services. in the note it made out that he and his wife agreed it was the right thing to do, but on the phone call to 911 he said he came home and found his family already dead.
they found his wife and sons dead in one room and he and their daughters dead in another.
the message that was left behind was that he had rather take the children with them than leave them behind for strangers to raise.

mrs and mr brown
29-Jan-09, 21:53
its all in the news right now how a man and his wife were both fired from their jobs, and the husband went home and killed his wife and 5 children (all under 8) and then himself. he sent a fax and call to the local news station stating his intentions and also called emergency services. in the note it made out that he and his wife agreed it was the right thing to do, but on the phone call to 911 he said he came home and found his family already dead.
they found his wife and sons dead in one room and he and their daughters dead in another.
the message that was left behind was that he had rather take the children with them than leave them behind for strangers to raise.

this is terrible what goes on in some people heads why would someone do such a thing? very sad when someone feels that the only thing that they can do in a situation is to hurt or kill another person. i cant understand what would make some one kill there child very very sad.

sam
29-Jan-09, 22:10
Chuck him off the bridge - justice.
He deserves nothing else.
Lowest of the low.

chucking him off a bridge would probably do him a favour as it would be the easy way out, he should be made to face the consequences of his actions and live a long and miserable life, It is so sad that some folk see their own kids as a way to hurt a partner or spouse, they should be made to suffer themselfs.

percy toboggan
29-Jan-09, 22:24

And am I to deduce from your comments on another thread that he may have had a point?
I notice you issue no opinion on his behaviour.

brandy
29-Jan-09, 22:51
no, i think this is horrendous... and that there is no exscuse for it.
in fact i find it hard to belive that you would think that i would condone it because i think that its ok for homosexuals to addopt children, that it would be ok for a man to kill his whole family... including 5 small children.
you need to put your big wooden stick away sir,
because that is out of line, that you would hint that i would approve someone murdering their children.

balto
29-Jan-09, 23:31
this man should be made to suffer for the rest of his life, as chucking him of the bridge would be a easy way out for him, this man has commited a horendous crime, god gives us life, only god should decide when to take it away.

Bazeye
29-Jan-09, 23:57
Just chuck him off a small bridge then. Repeatedly.

gillian17
30-Jan-09, 00:00
This going to be sensitive but was he an aborigine. I do not know I have only heard the briefest radio reports and this thread. Just the surname seems that he could have been.
Feel free to castigate me but I do not know.

Bazeye
30-Jan-09, 00:04
Dont care what he was I stick by my previous post.

A9RUNNER
30-Jan-09, 00:07
He should be shot, line him up in front of a firing squad. Prison is a waste of time and effort. When does a life sentence ever actually mean life these days? Not often I would say.

Why should the honest tax payers have to fund prisons to feed and water scum like that.

What does it matter what race he was he is a sick man who murdered his own flesh and blood. Evil has no preference for skin colour.

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 00:39
[quote=bettedaviseyes;492394]

He was charged with the murder of Darcey Freeman, but did not appear in court because police said he was psychologically unfit.
Police said Freeman was involved in the custody battle and had appeared in a family court on Tuesday and Wednesday.

why if he was psychologically unfit was he allowed to be alone with his children and why a custody battle.surely someone could have said until he was fit the custody battle was postponed.if he was that unhinged surely it didnt go unoticed.what a shame for this family and that poor child

helenwyler
30-Jan-09, 01:51
This going to be sensitive but was he an aborigine.

Gillian, would it have made any difference to our understanding of such an action if he had been an Aborigine? :confused

sassylass
30-Jan-09, 02:13
People who do things like this cannot be mentally sound. Everyway you look at it, it's a tragedy.

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 02:58
People who do things like this cannot be mentally sound. Everyway you look at it, it's a tragedy.

i agree with you sassylass and throwing him off a bridge wont change what has happened.......:~(

Lolabelle
30-Jan-09, 03:20

Absolutely, and as for whether or not he is Aboriginal, I don't know, I have only read this on here, but what difference does that make??
And most Aboriginals don't have Aboriginal sounding names, some do, but most dont.

gillian17
30-Jan-09, 04:09
It was just a thought and I do not know where I was going with it but Kathy Freeman the runner was an aborigine, or half, I am not sure.
I am not linking Kathy Freeman or aborigines in general to this. I just want to know.
They have had a far harder time than most races in the last 200 years.
I know Afro-americans. Jews, Tamils, dwarves et al may disagree but without the facts, then we cannot judge the case fairly.
Either way it may not make any difference but it is important to know or we can never stop it happening again.

Oddquine
30-Jan-09, 04:24
It was just a thought and I do not know where I was going with it but Kathy Freeman the runner was an aborigine, or half, I am not sure.
I am not linking Kathy Freeman or aborigines in general to this. I just want to know.
They have had a far harder time than most races in the last 200 years.
I know Afro-americans. Jews, Tamils, dwarves et al may disagree but without the facts, then we cannot judge the case fairly.
Either way it may not make any difference but it is important to know or we can never stop it happening again.

I don't see the logic in it being important to know the race of the person who threw a child off a bridge. Would being an aborigine excuse the action? I don't think so..so where is the need to know? :confused

Aaldtimer
30-Jan-09, 04:27
Maybe a pause to consider the words of our National Bard:-(again)

Then gently scan your brother man,
Still gentler sister Woman,
Tho' they may gang a kennin' wrang,
To step aside is human:
One point must still be greatly dark,
The moving Why they do it;
And just as lamely can ye mark,
How far perhaps they rue it.

Who made the heart,'tis he alone
Decidedly can try us,
He knows each chord it's various tone,
Each spring it's various bias,
Then at the balance let's be mute,
We never can adjust it,
What's done we partly may compute,
But know not what's resisted.

Robert Burns
The address to the unco guid, or rigidly righteous

The Angel Of Death
30-Jan-09, 10:12
Death penalty it has to be the only way an eye for an eye

As mentioned why should tax payers fund prisons now i don't know about in oz land but the jails here have so many luxury because it would contravene the prisoners "human Rights" if they didn't have them simple solution get send to jail you loose all but your basic human rights

I wonder if we can create another penal colony like Australia and ship them all off to there i hear stroma is free

Whats going to happen if and when the prisons become full and there is no space left does bob the murderer get off with it as in sorry old chap no room for you come back a week Tuesday and we might have a spot then for you

Bobinovich
30-Jan-09, 13:23
...does bob the murderer...

:eek: It wasn't me - you can't prove anything!!! [para]

The Angel Of Death
30-Jan-09, 13:48
Got my eye on you bob !!!

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 15:09
if this man is mentally unhinged then surely prison isnt the place for him.:(

Bazeye
30-Jan-09, 15:24
i agree with you sassylass and throwing him off a bridge wont change what has happened.......:~(

Unfortunately not, but he wont be able to do it again.

bt total broadband
30-Jan-09, 15:31
its a damn disgrace about the wee girl.the trouble is there is no justice in this world.

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 15:32
Unfortunately not, but he wont be able to do it again.

he wouldnt be able to do it again if he was in a place for the mentally unstable.....prison is not the answer to this mans problems.we have to look at the wider picture...

gillian17
30-Jan-09, 16:05
No one has answered my question. I know it is not politically correct to judge people by the colour of their skin but it is important to know if we are ever going to be capable of stopping a similar thing happening again.

balto
30-Jan-09, 16:18
No one has answered my question. I know it is not politically correct to judge people by the colour of their skin but it is important to know if we are ever going to be capable of stopping a similar thing happening again.
so what you are saying it depends on what nationality or color a person is, if they will kill their child, in such a sad disgusting way, reckon you are digging a hole for yourself here.

Oddquine
30-Jan-09, 16:26

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that knowing someone's ethnicity is going to stop other people throwing children off bridges? :confused

Explain that, then maybe it won't look so much like you are saying something for the sake of saying something.

Reev
30-Jan-09, 16:47
I think the answer here is the guy who did this is clearly a nutjob!

yup, i think my "Scientific term" is bang on!

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 17:02

what has the colour of skin got to do with this story.give us an answer please.

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 17:38

still waiting for an answer..........

Alice in Blunderland
30-Jan-09, 17:39

Never in all the time of posting on the org have I read such an ignorant statement.

The colour of anyones skin has nothing to do with their actions.

There is nothing that anyone can do to prevent these awfull situations from happening.

No-one knows what makes certain people do such drastic actions if we could figure that one out then we could stop many such things from ever happening but garuanteed its got nothing to do with colour. [evil]

Alice in Blunderland
30-Jan-09, 17:41
still waiting for an answer..........

You will probably have to wait a while looks like she got herself suspended............. no need to wonder why. :roll:

wee sparkle
30-Jan-09, 17:47

I dont understand you way of thinking, a persons actions are in no way related to the colour of their skin. The race of the man involved is not something we need to know, how he will be dealt with is probably more of a concern.[disgust]

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 17:49
gillian17,you have gone quiet now...i think you may have offended a few with your stupid ignorance.if you dont think you have, come back on and tell us what colour of skin has to do with this story[evil]

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 17:53
well thats that then,suspended,she was winding us up.look at her previous posts and its obvious.

wee sparkle
30-Jan-09, 18:43
I completely agree....

crayola
31-Jan-09, 02:04
god i find this shocking why do folk take it out on the children a blooming shame.....I'm not sure what the point of this question and indeed this thread was. Are you asking whether any of us don't find it shocking or indeed whether we think it might be right to throw a child off a bridge?

I think it's safe to say we all find it shocking and none of us think it's right to throw a child off a bridge. The question is 'what do we do about it?'

What is the answer?

Oddquine
31-Jan-09, 02:28
I'm not sure what the point of this question and indeed this thread was. Are you asking whether any of us don't find it shocking or indeed whether we think it might be right to throw a child off a bridge?

I think it's safe to say we all find it shocking and none of us think it's right to throw a child off a bridge. The question is 'what do we do about it?'

What is the answer?

No answer.......but isn't that what forums are around for as much as anything else? So people like us can vent about situations that we find unpalatable but can do absolutely nothing about.

Maybe it makes us feel a bit less helpless........and there is always the possibility that if someone were to Google one of the subjects we discuss we might just have an input, be it good, bad or indifferent, into the thinking of someone out there in the wild blue yonder.

I'm inclined to look on all forums as much the same as a pub..........I'm propped against the bar pontificating with a shot in.........and don't expect anyone bar me will ever remember how right I was! :lol:

crayola
31-Jan-09, 14:18
I suppose you're right OQ and there's nothing wrong with expressing our horror in public but some posters go 'off on one' at every opportunity.