PDA

View Full Version : Buisness News

Fluff
29-Jan-09, 12:00
Just found this out from my boss who kindly called me so I would not panic (it is my day off)
It was announced this morning at 10:30 to the city that Boots opticians are buying D&A opticians.
How exciting!

joxville
29-Jan-09, 23:22
S'pose I better get new specs-I never saw that coming. [lol]

Bazeye
30-Jan-09, 00:01
Guess who I bumped into in Specsavers this morning?

Everyone.

Ill get my coat.

Kodiak
30-Jan-09, 00:43
It always surprises me just how many people from .org seem to go on about buying from local traders to keep the Local Shops. Yet when it comes to Glasses I see a lot of post like, "Does anyone Know when Specsavers will be back in Wick or Thurso".

So whats wrong with our Local Opticians. Personally I would not go anywhere else other than Hendersons for my Glasses. He knows me and I know him and he has always given me excellent service at a reasonable cost.

So if Boots want to take over D&A let them as it will make no difference to me, I will keep on going to my Local Optician.

butterfly
30-Jan-09, 00:53
i bought glasses from my opticians but sometime later they broke.i bought the exact same pair from specsavers and saved myself 80quid.so thats the reason most folk go there.the glasses were identical .

gillian17
30-Jan-09, 00:58
I heard this morning D&A was started about 1750. What was they doing then? My first thought was telescopes or microscopes. Or perhaps something completely different?