PDA

View Full Version : Hearts FC

Tom Cornwall
07-Feb-06, 19:39
It looks like Hearts have done it again. Just when it looked like they were getting it back together, ie winning the Scottish Cup and catching Celtic in the league, Romanov has apparently shot the club in the foot by taking control, over and above Graham Rix.
Just because he owns the club surely doesn't mean he has to wreck it.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Feb-06, 19:54
Surely weeboyagee will have something to say about this!!!!! I bet hes digesting the news as I type....I wonder how long before we read his post?

jambo
07-Feb-06, 20:06
as long as we keep getting results on the pitch doesnt matter who picks the team.

obiron
07-Feb-06, 20:22
ah but will you keep on getting the results. Methinks rangers will catch up and hearts will finish 3rd.

weeboyagee
07-Feb-06, 20:23
as long as we keep getting results on the pitch doesnt matter who picks the team
I LOVE IT - Hearts have never been so much the centre of attention (for the right or wrong reasons) in many years - this season we have never been out of the limelight!! I have been told so many times (September, October, November, December, 2 weeks ago) this season how our time is going to come and how Rangers will catch up and overtake us and that we will slump and,.....and,.......yawn,.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If the players have heard Rix say that Romanov is picking the team then if I was Rix I'd shut my mouth because given how we are playing (ask golach - he knows ALL about that!...) it is a GOOD reflection on Romanov's measurement of the team required to get results. To be honest, if I was Romanov and was picking a team that was winning, I'd make sure that it continued to keep getting the results! The last time there as an uproar the demise didn't materialise.

However, next time I have tea with Romanov in Lithuania, I'll ask him to give Rixxy-boy a wee shot every now and then. Rix and Romanov are doing a good job, no matter who is doing what - one thing for sure, we are spending!.......and this time hopefully we will no longer be known as Rangers B team - who used Tynecastle in the past as a football "bring and buy" sale!

As I keep saying, whatever is going on behind Gorgie's doors is fine by me so long as we get the results so I am with jambo on this.

We haven't lost the Scottish Cup yet have we Tom??

As for the comment that he is wrecking the club......well......move over one Mr McLeish. I was told that the right decision had been made to keep it on and that going by form results up 'til last week Rangers were leading for the past eight! Oh how the mighty fall.............................................. and how so very often they have fallen this season! :lol:

weeboyagee
07-Feb-06, 20:25
ah but will you keep on getting the results. Methinks rangers will catch up and hearts will finish 3rd
....and the title of the joke book you got that one in was???.......
:lol:

obiron
07-Feb-06, 20:29
telling it like it is. the gers might be rubbish at times but there is still a few games to play. hearts not that far in front o them.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Feb-06, 20:34
Knew it wouldnt be long before Weeboyagee gave his view on this one its a subject close to his........ Heart.....;)

Loafer
07-Feb-06, 22:44
I think you will find that there is a lot more football club owners that dictate who plays than just Romanov. It is a well known fact that David Murray has a major influence as to who his managers sign and insists they play. He signed Gascoyne, not the manager. Dermot Desmond is also footing the bill for Roy Keane out of his own pocket. Make no mistake, it was he, not Strachan who decided to sign him.

Just look at Chelsea. It is the mad Russian who is pulling all the strings there, Morhino (apologies for spelling) is just an expensive glove puppet. I rest my case.

It is merely a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune.

The Loafer

golach
07-Feb-06, 23:12
Oh I am loving this [smirk] :lol:

thickrodney
07-Feb-06, 23:17
It looks like Hearts have done it again. Just when it looked like they were getting it back together, ie winning the Scottish Cup and catching Celtic in the league, Romanov has apparently shot the club in the foot by taking control, over and above Graham Rix.
Just because he owns the club surely doesn't mean he has to wreck it.
rix was asked by radio scotland if he picked the team tonight.
his reply was "i am not going to comment on that"

hmmmm

willowbankbear
08-Feb-06, 07:35
Lapping it up, Hearts should never have got rid of Burley, when they did that, they blew there chances of winning the league.
The unwashed dads army will win the league, although id prefer Romanovs xi to win the trophy, Mr Romanov has no-one to blame for this but himself really. If its not broken dont fix it , anyone?

weeboyagee
08-Feb-06, 21:39
Oh I am loving this...
Enjoying your we joke golach? :) Hmmmm,........ well no surprise, it puts the focus back on us for a different reason - mind you - it was VERY embarassing listening to and watching Rix on the TV and Radio this morning - Pressley made a better job of his interview, I was hoping that they would stop the interview with Rix sooner but the usual media - tear at the animal 'til they get their pound of flesh.

The result last night was not a loss and I await the usual lottery of results tonight......

....in the meantime stay tuned, for the next episode of Dalry Road, coming to your screens soon....heh-heh :lol:

jambo
08-Feb-06, 22:58
some result for the hibs tonight 7-0 but not so good for rangers eh willowbankbear baaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa

willowbankbear
08-Feb-06, 23:08
No it wasnt good, ITS EMBARRASMENT of the HIGHEST order, dropping points to that shower of mutton molesters. Them & Livi get up my nose, BIG time!

Hopefully there will be something done at the club asap, but probably there wont coz were skint and Murray`s a liar and doesnt listen

teddybear1873
08-Feb-06, 23:14
Well from what i believe and whether it happens or not is a different matter but they are keeping Mcleish to the season ends and David Moyes will be taking over. Davd Murray needs to do something for the long haul or the great Glasgow Rangers are going to be stuck in this rut for e few seasons yet. Keep believing you Teddybears...........WE ARE THE PEOPLE

obiron
08-Feb-06, 23:54
Well from what i believe and whether it happens or not is a different matter but they are keeping Mcleish to the season ends and David Moyes will be taking over. Davd Murray needs to do something for the long haul or the great Glasgow Rangers are going to be stuck in this rut for e few seasons yet. Keep believing you Teddybears...........WE ARE THE PEOPLE
still a believer teddybear. i still think 2 place is achievable. where did you hear that about david moyes.

Alan Farquhar
09-Feb-06, 00:01

Teadybear1873: Their's no chance of Moyes going to Ibrox, infact their is more chance of Hearts of winning the league.

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 00:10
Dream on Alan Farqhuar, Hearts wont win the league
Moyes is from the Dark side, dont think he`d be accepted anymore than mcleish.Wish it had worked oot for Eck but losing twice to the sheep? C`mey ,thats unthinkable since i was in high school man

teddybear1873
09-Feb-06, 00:36
Moyes is from the Dark side, dont think he`d be accepted anymore than mcleish.Wish it had worked oot for Eck but losing twice to the sheep? C`mey ,thats unthinkable since i was in high school man
I have really gone off the taste for mutton for some reason lol. Well we will just have to wait an see who arrives at Ibrox next season.....Mayb Souness will come back....oh god the thought of it....JINGS! CRIVENS! HELP MA BOAB!

golach
09-Feb-06, 00:52
Oh boy Oh boy I am loving this even more [smirk] I wish there was a green smiley ;)

Loafer
09-Feb-06, 07:57
I love mutton broth me.

The Loafer

Alan Farquhar
10-Feb-06, 01:06

Willowbankbear: I feel you may have misunderstood what I said:
I certainly don't want Hearts to win the league either but then again I also wouldn't want to see Rangers catch Hibs for third never! lol
I said their is more chance of Hearts winning the league than Moyes joining Rangers, cos It will never happen as he is a true green or from the dark side as you put it. lol

Now where did I put my hooped shirt. lol

Dons_Lad
10-Feb-06, 17:08
I don't want Hearts to win the title, that Romanov is ruining a good club, though I hate Hearts, I wouldn't wish that on any team as they have too much history.

It's funny though how this was a Hearts thread, yet all the Rangers fans had to put all the focus on their team, surprise surprise.

scotsboy
10-Feb-06, 17:31
Alan Farquhar wrote:

Moyes joining Rangers, cos It will never happen as he is a true green

I don't think Moyes will join Rangers (could be wrong), however it would not be because of the reason you indicate Alan. I can assure you, that although he has been at Keltic park both he and his family are of the "other" persuasion;)

If you need tickets to see Everton give me a shout;)

Tymey
10-Feb-06, 18:15
I don't want Hearts to win the title, that Romanov is ruining a good club, though I hate Hearts, I wouldn't wish that on any team as they have too much history.

I'm a Jambo and the whole thing is a nonsense but it's nice having Romanov's money, which at the end of the day is what football is all about. Romanov knows that too.

obiron
10-Feb-06, 20:38
i quite like hearts they have some good players dunno about some of the new foreign ones whose names i cant pronounce thou. i would like to see them win the league. still not convinced about the owner thou. more money than sense. maybe he thinks that he should be roman abromovich [dodgy spelling]. however good luck to hearts hope they do it.

willowbankbear
10-Feb-06, 22:09
I dont mind Hearts at all, Never have, nothing wrong with that is there?
Can you mind when everyone used to sing a song for your favourite player, well how do hearts fans do it with their team nowadays?

Had a dram Loyal!:lol:

Dons_Lad
11-Feb-06, 18:57
I like Hearts now!! Haha, they should let Romanov pick the team instead of Rix, not that am complaining the day though!

DrSzin
11-Feb-06, 20:02
:o
I like Hearts now!! Haha, they should let Romanov pick the team instead of Rix, not that am complaining the day though!Ach, you beat me too it Dons_Lad. Were you at the game? I should have gone instead of sitting here pretending to work...
__
Hmm, that was probably a stupid question, given that you wouldn't have had time to get home yet. :o

scotsboy
11-Feb-06, 20:06
Any of you Jambos been hearing rumours about your strip for next season? Firstly and probably the least controversial is that the manufacturer is changing and the kit will be supplied by Kappa. The controversial bit is that the kit I have had described to me has a green and yellow top with red shorts!! Now I hope this is the away top, but the way I was told it was that yer man Romanov is pushing for this to be the HOME top!!
I know that Sam Haman tried something similar when he went to Cardiff but it backfired due to fan pressure (wanted to change Cardiff City from royal blue to green/white/red).........what do you think the jambos will do??

They're the talk of the toon
The Boys in Green, Yellow and red..........disna work does it?

robbain
12-Feb-06, 07:35
I see that Hearts loss yesterday to Dons, so who picked the Hearts team, the owner or the manager, or was the Dons manager??

Dons_Lad
12-Feb-06, 18:29
:oAch, you beat me too it Dons_Lad. Were you at the game? I should have gone instead of sitting here pretending to work...
__
Hmm, that was probably a stupid question, given that you wouldn't have had time to get home yet. :o

I was at the cup game though. Referee pure ruined it, but didn't ruin it yesterday. I tell you though, I've been to all the home games this season and watched Richie Byrne constantly be crap at left back. Ferne Snoyl is a legend in the making already and like 50 times the player Byrne is!