PDA

View Full Version : Wick in the 60's

cameron
29-Jan-09, 11:20
Hello to all. Just to say I was brought up in wick , having lived at the airport houses then upper dunbar st. My first school was the north school, then on to wick high. My father was the local driving examiner through all of the 60's. Have such fond memories of living in wick, including our days fishing on wick river and up at noss head. Also was member of the boys brigade when they met in a hall in oag lane.

brokencross
29-Jan-09, 11:24
Welcome to the Org. enjoy the experience, there is a fair chance there is someone who knows and remembers you.

Venture
29-Jan-09, 12:03
Welcome to the org. If you have a look at the Reunions Page you may well find your old school has recently had a reunion and you might be able to spot some old friends. Someone on here will remember you, there is no doubt about that.:lol:

http://www.caithness.org/reunions/

silverfox57
29-Jan-09, 12:17
hi cameron welcome to the org ,was also brought up in wick in the 60ths,went to north school as well,had friends who lived at noss light house,

parkie
29-Jan-09, 12:54
started north school in 1960,had great fun up at the airport house,s and the bb hall:)

butterfly
29-Jan-09, 13:43
welcome cameron,my parents lived at the airport houses in the early 60s before i was born.

cameron
29-Jan-09, 14:43
Hi and thanks for the reply ... We lived at 7B the airport. Stayed there till 1967 then moved to upper dunbar st. Still have a collection of photos from the airport .

dirdyweeker
29-Jan-09, 21:31
started north school in 1960,had great fun up at the airport house,s and the bb hall:)
I would have been going into P3 when you joined the same school Parkie!

Welcome Cameron and happy postings.

George Brims
29-Jan-09, 21:46
Sounds like you're one year younger than me, Cameron. Which means you're no spring chicken! Hope your dad wasn't the one who failed me on my test (more times than I dare to mention).

jock leith
29-Jan-09, 23:30
Hi Cameron
Used to visit my cousins most days,Sandy & Gordon Munro,they lived in the houes at the Airport.We lived in Owen Place and used to cut accross the fields to play in the old buildings.Fond memories indeed.Was also great when all the social clubs had their XMAS Parties in one of the old Hangers.I attended the North School in early Sixties,having spent my early years in Pultney,felt like a foreigner when we first moved ha ha .
Regards J Leith

parkie
30-Jan-09, 18:43
good headteacher A.B. HENDERSON

parkie
30-Jan-09, 18:46
was at school with your brother jock, both played in the same team he was goalie,sandy your cousin( mongo )a year older

ploo251
31-Jan-09, 08:35
Cameron

Did your parents move back to Caithness for a year or two after they retired, as a man who lived next door to me for a short while also lived at the airport in the 60s and was a driving tester in Wick?

cameron
31-Jan-09, 19:13
Anyone remember a small whale trapped in the trinkie at low tide 1960's ? The courier took pics at the time !

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 01:22
i remember it cameron,my sister took me to see it.i was very young at the time .