PDA

View Full Version : Missing hamster

Julia
29-Jan-09, 00:11
My daughter's hamster has escaped again for the umpteenth time, no sight or sound of her this time, any advice?

purplelady
29-Jan-09, 00:21
just keep your eye out it will come bk when ours disapeared i left her cage open with some of her fave things like cheese and peanut butter she appeared in her cage next day.

dirdyweeker
29-Jan-09, 00:59
buy a more secure cage!

On a more serious note, I hope you are lucky in getting your hamster back. I too would leave food around in the cage if possible in the hope it comes back hungry.
Good luck!

Julia
29-Jan-09, 01:11
The cage is in my daughter's bedroom and it is quite secure but 'someone' keeps forgetting to close the door, needless to say the cage is going to be moved to where I can keep an eye on it when madam hamster returns.

I'll put her cage on the floor with some mature cheddar in it, hopefully that will lure her out, thanks!

purplelady
29-Jan-09, 13:07
good luck am sure she will come back ask Balto hers was missing for weeks she was expecting the worse and low and behold she turned up. Try keep your daughther door shut so she stays in that room sure she will come back let us know plsssssssss xxxxxxxxxxx

Julia
29-Jan-09, 13:31
'Hazel' the hamster turned up at 5.50am, my daughter found her in the bath of all places, I doubt she could get out of it, poor thing. I'm amazed at what she can climb.

Anyhoo, the cage is coming downstairs today! Thats about the sixth time she's gone awol. :~(

purplelady
29-Jan-09, 14:02
hehehe that is whare my hamster disapeared from long story but mt son put her there as she was being to nosiy x

balto
29-Jan-09, 15:52
glad hammy turned up safe and well, they really are amazing little creatures arent they, my one manages to climb the stairs and makes her way to our bedroom, should be funny next week when we move, she will have lost her bearings lol.

purplelady
29-Jan-09, 16:18
glad hammy turned up safe and well, they really are amazing little creatures arent they, my one manages to climb the stairs and makes her way to our bedroom, should be funny next week when we move, she will have lost her bearings lol.hehehehehe bet she still does find her way around they are amazing little things are'nt they ours has only done it once so far lol xxxxxx

balto
29-Jan-09, 16:30
hehehehehe bet she still does find her way around they are amazing little things are'nt they ours has only done it once so far lol xxxxxx
aye bet you are right, lucly it is the same style of house, just an extra room, so she shouldnt get to confused lol if she ever does it again.

lorr_mun14
30-Jan-09, 13:12
We had a russian hamster that kept disappearing, sometimes for a week or more at a time. One time we came downstairs to find the cage on the ground, no hamster and our cat looking sheepish. After searching everywhere for her, and we knew she couldn't have gone far as it was in the utility room, we gave up and decided the cat must have devoured her, we were so upset, especially our son as it was his hamster. Anyway, a couple of weeks later, whilst sitting in our living room watching telly one night, the cat came prancing in with something in its mouth! she walked over to our son, and dropped at his feet the hamster, alive and kicking and not injured in the slightest!!!! To say we were gobsmacked would be an understatement!!! This is a TRUE story!

router
30-Jan-09, 15:59
maybe you should try a glass tank with a secure lid like they do for gerbils.
If this is the unpteenth time then i would have thought by now you would have done something about it.[disgust]