PDA

View Full Version : Estate agent sale

Valerie Campbell
28-Jan-09, 15:33
Now we all know the property market is sluggish to say the least at the moment. But on the news a wee while back a city property firm decided to have a sale. They took off so much for a limited period only. Do you think this kind of thing works in the current climate? Would you buy a house if say £5k or £10k was knocked off the asking price for a week or so only? Or would you just wait for the market to pick up? Or would you buy anyway if you were looking? More property centres are looking at this to try and kick start the market but the million dollar question is, will it work?

gillian17
28-Jan-09, 16:20
If you want a house to live in and you can afford it. Then buy it. This is where everything has gone wrong. People think they cannot lose on houses. However, as has been proved, you can. Oh that reminds me it happened in 1974, 1982, 1990 and now.
Buy it to live in not as an investment. xx

Invisible
28-Jan-09, 17:51
Now we all know the property market is sluggish to say the least at the moment. But on the news a wee while back a city property firm decided to have a sale. They took off so much for a limited period only. Do you think this kind of thing works in the current climate? Would you buy a house if say £5k or £10k was knocked off the asking price for a week or so only? Or would you just wait for the market to pick up? Or would you buy anyway if you were looking? More property centres are looking at this to try and kick start the market but the million dollar question is, will it work?

Why wait until the market picks up? Prices will go up. Now is the best time to buy when houses are suffering, time for negotiations. I could see a lot more interest in the 'sale' properties dont know about many offers going into the properties. A lot of people are just looking.

gillian17
28-Jan-09, 18:07
Invisible
You are missing the point. You would not buy a packet of sugar unless you needed it. So why buy a house unless you need it. If you want one buy it If you have to think of the price then do not bother. xx

Invisible
28-Jan-09, 18:11
yes of course what am i thinking. my bad.

gillian17
28-Jan-09, 18:22
Someone said to me over the weekend that Rock 'n' Roll is alive and kicking to which I replied "So is Bill Oddie it does not make it a good thing"

Anne x
28-Jan-09, 20:42
Invisible
You are missing the point. You would not buy a packet of sugar unless you needed it. So why buy a house unless you need it. If you want one buy it If you have to think of the price then do not bother. xx

Well I for one would buy a bag of Sugar if I dont really need it for the store cupboard !

As for not thinking about the Price of a house !!!
I think Price is the utmost thought when purchasing anything so important in your life everything revolves around the cost of things even if you do not intend to live in it and are buying as a Investment to Rent out

Down our area the Estate Agent's window is full of Properties that have been sold to show that houses are selling but I am not so sure this is happening definately a downturn and a lot of Fixed Price Properties a huge difference from 2 years ago when you had to pay almost 40% over the asking price