PDA

View Full Version : Caithness.Org Frappr

MadPict
07-Feb-06, 18:29
As Badger asked for folk to post their 'locations' as part of their profile in the "Locations" (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=6661) thread and there was no record of a Caithness.Org Frappr being created I went ahead and started one.
You can find it here -

http://www.frappr.com/caithnessorg

So come and stick a pin in the map and leave a message!

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 18:36
Ok.............I'm on the map!......the sun is shining......and I'm healthy (Well reasonably!!:lol: )........and all is well in my own little world!!

teddybear1873
07-Feb-06, 19:01
Thats me on it too..blisstering heat here

Saveman
07-Feb-06, 19:04
Done.....be interesting to see what the percentage of people is that are not in Caithness....

JAWS
07-Feb-06, 19:05
Done. And it's typical Caithness weather here.
It's dark, wet and breezy and going to get darker, wetter and breezier soon. ;)

unicorn
07-Feb-06, 19:59
thats me added :)

lassieinfife
07-Feb-06, 20:01
Thats me added....... usual fife weather,wet and blowing a gale.......plenty seem reluctant to show face lol

lassieinfife
07-Feb-06, 20:07
just clicked on zoom ..................... pinpointed me to my street ........... eeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

krieve
07-Feb-06, 20:10
Thats me added now

Tugmistress
07-Feb-06, 20:44
me added too when i worked out how :eyes
hit zoom in lots!!! :lol:

MadPict
07-Feb-06, 21:32
If anyone is uneasy about allowing their actual position to be so accurately displayed, let me know and I can edit your profile...

badger
07-Feb-06, 21:52
Gosh - isn't that clever! Hope the UK isn't going to sink under all those flags.

cuddlepop
07-Feb-06, 22:27
I think I.ve done it,will check later:D

kwbrown111
07-Feb-06, 23:29
me added too

badger
08-Feb-06, 17:58
If anyone is uneasy about allowing their actual position to be so accurately displayed, let me know and I can edit your profile...

Can you explain something to me MadPict? I clicked on the link in the Welcome email and found the balloon thingy on the Home page map was blue but when I moved to My Profile the map there showed a red balloon. I thought I was a Gal but now I'm wondering :confused: . It's way off my correct location as I entered Wick (didn't think it would find Bower) but that's OK.

MadPict
08-Feb-06, 18:28
I believe you can set your gender balloon in your My Frappr profile - I think it's actually set at a pinky shade which is for "unknown"...

I have moved your pin to Bower.

badger
08-Feb-06, 18:53
But I chose Gal when I first did it !! Actually I did wonder whether to move it to Bower on the map and decided not, especially after what you said being uneasy about accurate position. Will have another look and think about it. Thanks anyway.

MadPict
08-Feb-06, 20:32
Fair enough - also I haven't added this Frappr to the Public Directory so the only way to find it is via this site.

weeboyagee
08-Feb-06, 21:53
Right ..... that's another Thrumster person on the map!.....popular place it is!

Malcolmdog
08-Feb-06, 23:22
Why does my profile say " Malcolmdog, remove me??" I followed all of the instructions - HONEST.

canuck
08-Feb-06, 23:48
Hi Malcolmdog, finally we meet.

I posted my pin from Burlington about an hour ago and it went through okay, so it shouldn't be the Canadian connection.

Colin is very good at sorting this stuff out - so hang tough, he'll come through for you, I am sure.

teddybear1873
08-Feb-06, 23:50
Hi Malcolmdog, finally we meet.

I posted my pin from Burlington about an hour ago and it went through okay, so it shouldn't be the Canadian connection.

Colin is very good at sorting this stuff out - so hang tough, he'll come through for you, I am sure.
Burlington...I have relatives there...whats your last name

canuck
08-Feb-06, 23:55
Colin help!

Malcolmdog is okay now, but I have the "remove me" attached to my name. My pin is in place but her's isn't up there yet.

canuck

MadPict
09-Feb-06, 00:08
What's the problem? The Frappr is in my name so I have Admin rsponsibilities.

golach
09-Feb-06, 00:54
Maclomdog follow the instructions to the end...you have NOT signed off properly

canuck
09-Feb-06, 01:01
All is now well. It may have been the need to log out or register via the site sent to me in the e-mail. Who knows!

Malcolmdog
09-Feb-06, 01:26
Thanks golach. I have logged out properly now.

I am glad to have the problem fixed before WBG sees my post. He will make fun of me and accuse me of hitting the alt delete button again.

Many thanks!!
Malcolmdog

Whitewater
13-Feb-06, 02:34
Don't seem to have done it correctly, got a "remove me" message beside my name and the shoutout is not coming up. I've done something wrong. I will try again later.

wickerinca
13-Feb-06, 04:30
Don't seem to have done it correctly, got a "remove me" message beside my name and the shoutout is not coming up. I've done something wrong. I will try again later.

That 'remove me' gives you the option to opt out......I think!:grin: When you log out and then back in again it seems to sort itself out!!

porshiepoo
13-Feb-06, 11:48
Boo Hoo! My toys are well out of my pram now! I've tried and tried to post on that site but it keeps telling me an invalid city. I've tried every combination and it won't do it.

What wong! [evil] [evil]

bigjjuk
13-Feb-06, 13:18
thats me in and i even put a rough pic in too

badger
13-Feb-06, 13:32
Boo Hoo! My toys are well out of my pram now! I've tried and tried to post on that site but it keeps telling me an invalid city. I've tried every combination and it won't do it.

What wong! [evil] [evil]

I put myself exactly where I wanted to be (in the sea!) by originally entering a nearby town - Wick - then when I appeared in the list I clicked on my name, a window comes up with an option to change location where you can drag your little balloon to where you want it to be (you might have to zoom in one direction or another with the little arrow things) and then save your new location. It's a very good map. Hope this works for you.

stekar
13-Feb-06, 22:35
D'oh. I've managed to add myself twice! Can you sort me out MadPict? Thanks.

MadPict
14-Feb-06, 02:22
Your double entry sorted.

stekar
14-Feb-06, 21:58
Thanks for sorting me out, lol!

golach
15-Feb-06, 16:53
Grrrrr I have the "remove" sticker by my name, I thought I had it sussed [mad]

badger
15-Feb-06, 17:00
I assumed everyone had the Remove sticker by their own name so you can take yourself off it. Maybe not. Maybe it's the moles again (I'm going to blame them for everything now [evil] )

ice box
18-Feb-06, 22:28
thats me on it now :grin:

Kenn
28-Feb-06, 23:32
He he had to do a bit of shunting as we were some 3 miles from our postcode in a railway tunnel ..having rushed across town was plesently surprised at how this works

captainbubba
01-Mar-06, 17:35
thats me in, stuck in the north sea wi a wind chill of -10 and more brrrrrr