PDA

View Full Version : Unforgiven...Suranne Jones ITV

percy toboggan
27-Jan-09, 20:37
Did you get this up there folks. A three parter which concluded last night.
I don't often get into these but this was exceptionally good.

Shot on location not far from me..up on t'moors like :cool:

Ripponden way...the Pennines...harsh - ish .

A cop-killer released from jail looking for her sister who was only six when she was locked up.
Great acting, a fine script and fast moving action...particularly in the climax.

Terrific telly...Bravo Michael Grade for bringing quality drama back to ITV.
Captured it on disc...another 'belter off the box'

footie chick
27-Jan-09, 21:02
I thought it was the best thing thats been on the box in ages.

helenwyler
27-Jan-09, 21:16
Unofrogiven...Suranne Jones ITV

Was there just the one frog then, Percy? ;)

Sorry, didn't see it, but I love moors.

igglepiggle
27-Jan-09, 21:39
i watched the first 2 parts but i was at a meeting last night and i missed the last part [evil] so i am going to watch it online hopefully, if not i will be asking what happened [lol] very good, wish there was more of these kind of programmes on!!

hotrod4
27-Jan-09, 21:45
I liked the way it was filmed. It was very bleak and dark just like the moors where it was set.It gave you a good feel of the place. Often TV shows are too "Bright" and artificial but this was excellently shot. Loved it the plot was a very good story,BUT there was 1 major flaw!!!!!!! The bailiff phoned the house (Remember this was 15 years ago) on a modern small mobile Phone!!! That means in 1994 we had very modern phones, Dont think so :lol:

that was the only fault I could find with it. Excellent Drama.

Fluff
27-Jan-09, 22:18
LOL hotrod I noticed that too! I did not see the major twist about the sister coming at all. Very much enjoyed it, just the right pace.
Makes a change for ITV

Dadie
27-Jan-09, 23:31
We had bets on within the first 20 mins on the fact the sister was the one to do the shooting... but did not see the kidnapping of the wrong one coming until it happened!

scorrie
28-Jan-09, 02:11
Loved it the plot was a very good story,BUT there was 1 major flaw!!!!!!! The bailiff phoned the house (Remember this was 15 years ago) on a modern small mobile Phone!!! That means in 1994 we had very modern phones, Dont think so :lol:

that was the only fault I could find with it. Excellent Drama.

Great drama, but if you are looking for flaws, you need look no further than a six year old girl firing a shotgun that killed two coppers, yet never moved the young lassie an inch due to the recoil!!

scorrie
28-Jan-09, 02:16
LOL hotrod I noticed that too! I did not see the major twist about the sister coming at all. Very much enjoyed it, just the right pace.
Makes a change for ITV

Not trying to be smart, but my wife and I suspected in Episode One that the younger sister fired the shot. It would have been hard to paint in much sympathy for Ruth, if there was not the nagging suspicion that she was perhaps innocent of the crime.

hotrod4
28-Jan-09, 06:10
Great drama, but if you are looking for flaws, you need look no further than a six year old girl firing a shotgun that killed two coppers, yet never moved the young lassie an inch due to the recoil!!
True, never thought of that, maybe we are too use to seeing everyone shoot each other on telly now without flinching that we think thats the way it is!!!:lol:
Darn good drama though, enjoyed it and like you felt that it would be the little sister that did it,otherwise no sympathy for Ruth.Did think though that the coppers would be shot because they "attacked" Ruth and the Little Sister would have saved her.

honey
28-Jan-09, 10:32
i have it sky+'d - looking forward to it. Suranne Jones is a good actress!!

cuddlepop
28-Jan-09, 14:46
I havent enjoyed a drama so much for a very long time.

Such a beautful location too.:D

percy toboggan
28-Jan-09, 18:58
Unofrogiven...Suranne Jones ITV

Was there just the one frog then, Percy? ;)

Sorry, didn't see it, but I love moors.

Blimey!!
that red wine musta gone soon well last night :lol:
Can anyone change this...
Unpfrogiven...

sounds like a gift of a tripe eighties Italian car from a Frenchman !:eek:

UNFORGIVEN ? please forgive me.

percy toboggan
28-Jan-09, 19:02
I had a small mobile phone in 1994 - only cos it came with the Volvo Eurotrotter my employer trusted me with (J reg...1991 actually) - it was a similar size to phones today...no doubt about it hotrod...yer wrong mate this time.

Neve rhaving fired a shotgun but thinking you're right Scorrie - top observation , I'm sure it would have at least fallen from her grip.

Good stuff though...those dark brooding moors eh...I know e'm well

hotrod4
28-Jan-09, 21:47
I...no doubt about it hotrod...yer wrong mate this time.
l

Wrong-Never!!!
Slightly deviating from fact-Possibly!![lol]

scorrie
29-Jan-09, 00:56
I had a small mobile phone in 1994 - only cos it came with the Volvo Eurotrotter my employer trusted me with (J reg...1991 actually) - it was a similar size to phones today...no doubt about it hotrod...yer wrong mate this time.

Neve rhaving fired a shotgun but thinking you're right Scorrie - top observation , I'm sure it would have at least fallen from her grip.

Good stuff though...those dark brooding moors eh...I know e'm well

My initial thought was that the mobile phone was too small for the time, then I had a think about it and was not sure if perhaps the giant brick mobys belonged to the 80's. I've had a look and found this Nokia from 1994:-

http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/DCImages/About%20Design/Design%20Techniques/Trends/Nokia_2110_Med.jpg

Probably considered a Monster by today's youth but smaller than I had expected.