PDA

View Full Version : What bands are you seeing this year?

Invisible
27-Jan-09, 12:50
Ive just booked tickets to see Bob Dylan in Glasgow and also was given a Runrig ticket in Scone for Christmas.

Probably going to see Face the West at some point through the year too.

What about you guys, any exciting gigs lined up?

The Pepsi Challenge
27-Jan-09, 13:23
Seeing loads. However, if Little Feat don't return - and, if Mahavishnu Orchestra and Steely Dan don't decide to come to Scotland before the year is out - personally, for me, Magazine will be the gig of the year.

youoldduffer
27-Jan-09, 15:48
Judas Priest, Slayer and megadeth then AC/DC

Gizmo
27-Jan-09, 16:04
Judas Priest, Slayer and megadeth then AC/DC

Where and when are you going to see Slayer?, wasn't aware they had any tour dates for the UK booked.

Gizmo
27-Jan-09, 16:08
Metallica in March, probably the only gig i'll get to this year.

buddyrich
27-Jan-09, 16:15
Priest are touring with Megadeth but i think Testament are the other band on the bill.

No doubt if the fugazi Donnington festival is on Slayer will be there.

Focus and AC/DC for me.

zebedy
28-Jan-09, 08:40
very keen for seeing Foals, Twin Atlantic (again) The Xcerts and when Biffy get their new album out no doubt see them a bunch of times this year too :D

honey
28-Jan-09, 10:30
Take That at hampden!!! woohoo!!! :):lol:

Gizmo
28-Jan-09, 12:35
Take That at hampden!!! woohoo!!! :):lol:

Shall you be taking extra pairs of knickers with you? :lol:

youoldduffer
28-Jan-09, 14:45
Where and when are you going to see Slayer?, wasn't aware they had any tour dates for the UK booked.

Sorry giz meant testament lol was listening to slayer when i posted [lol]

honey
28-Jan-09, 14:53
Shall you be taking extra pairs of knickers with you? :lol:

aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

ill need them to keep me warm!!! ;)

Gizmo
28-Jan-09, 15:12
aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

ill need them to keep me warm!!! ;)

You should chuck a pair of thermals on the stage to see what reaction it gets :lol:

honey
28-Jan-09, 15:14
You should chuck a pair of thermals on the stage to see what reaction it gets :lol:

probably a laugh, they seem to have a good sense of humour.....(Ive met mark, and hes funny..) ;)

Gizmo
28-Jan-09, 15:16
Sorry giz meant testament lol was listening to slayer when i posted [lol]

I really fancied going to that gig, but only to see Megadeth and Testament, after the abomination that was 'Nostradamus' i have no desire to see the Rob Halford Megalomanic Experience again, and there were rumours that the JP setlist was going to be very heavily drawn from Nostradamus, i don't think my ears would forgive me :D

futurelegends
31-Jan-09, 20:05
We're off to see Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of The Worlds at the SECC in Glasgow in June.

It's the 30th Anniversary Tour.

Jeff Wayne will be conducting The Black Smoke Band and The ULLAdubULLA Strings and Richard Burton's 3D Image shall again be narrating the proceedings.

cullpacket
01-Feb-09, 21:36
Watched Seasick Steve last night AC/DC later in the year;)

catnip
08-Feb-09, 17:40
We're off to see Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of The Worlds at the SECC in Glasgow in June.

Jeff Wayne will be conducting The Black Smoke Band and The ULLAdubULLA Strings and Richard Burton's 3D Image shall again be narrating the proceedings.

I may see you there I am going along too with one of the smee's got my ticket for my xmas from snarfer.

bremkins
09-Feb-09, 15:10
So far, I've got Hardcore Superstar in Dundee and Terrorvision in Manchester. I've seen both bands several times before but I never tire of them.

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 20:36
Would love to see the Goo Goo Dolls again and also Tinderbox mun. They are a really good band doot.

mulac
11-Feb-09, 20:50
I'm off to see The Enemy in Inverness in March !!:)

the_big_mac
11-Feb-09, 21:53
Slipknot, Devildriver, Korn, and Motley Crue so far. Hopefully many more too add to that.

bremkins
11-Feb-09, 23:03
... am adding Backyard Babies to my list as I've just discovered they're playing in Manchester the night before Terrorvision. May as well make the most of the trip and see them too.

youoldduffer
20-Feb-09, 20:14
I really fancied going to that gig, but only to see Megadeth and Testament, after the abomination that was 'Nostradamus' i have no desire to see the Rob Halford Megalomanic Experience again, and there were rumours that the JP setlist was going to be very heavily drawn from Nostradamus, i don't think my ears would forgive me :D

Yup JP's set was mainly "Nostradamus" and Halford is a crap frontman really boring, was not impressed with them at all.

Testament were well good though again their set leanned towards "Damnation" but they were well good yes indeed.

Megadeth were absolutly stunning their sound was like listening to cd, Mustaine was all over the stage and on top of the speakers. Was totaly blown away by them.

Thinking about staying the extra night after AC/DC to see Thunder.
Also think I'm gonna see crue at the Download though i hope they so a uk tour while they are here.

moncur
20-Feb-09, 22:58
Lenny Kravitz in June at the O2 academy in Glasgow. Tickets arrived today :D

Bobinovich
20-Feb-09, 23:23

Snap, except I'm in Cardiff visiting an old pal. He works at the Millennium Stadium so could get us in for free, but all that was confirmed there was Take That :eek: (sorry Honey - not my bag!). However at the International Arena just happens to be WotW and, having long been a big fan of the soundtrack, and seen the stage show on TV, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to miss!

Roll on Wed 24th June :D!

hotrod4
21-Feb-09, 07:41
Snap, except I'm in Cardiff visiting an old pal. He works at the Millennium Stadium so could get us in for free, but all that was confirmed there was Take That :eek: (sorry Honey - not my bag!). However at the International Arena just happens to be WotW and, having long been a big fan of the soundtrack, and seen the stage show on TV, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to miss!

Roll on Wed 24th June :D!
The chances of anything cominf from mars was a million to one they said, now I have got that buzzing round my head for the next year!!!! I used to love that soundtrack I used to put it on to go to sleep!!! Who needs drugs when you can have the wierdest dreams ever after listening to that!:cool:

Invisible
26-Mar-09, 20:04
WOOP - been offered tickets to U2 in Glasgow.

I didn't refuse them.

Chobbersjnr
26-Mar-09, 20:32
Little Feat.................

& hopefully Steely Dan diary permitting

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Mar-09, 20:41
alan jackson, billy ray cyrus, martina mcbride, reba macintyre, brooks and dunn are a few :-)

www.cmafest.com

ABeautifulLie
20-Apr-09, 17:18
Bloc Party and hopefully Twin Atlantic again! :)

Invisible
20-Apr-09, 18:23
... am adding Backyard Babies to my list as I've just discovered they're playing in Manchester the night before Terrorvision. May as well make the most of the trip and see them too.

aaaah so jealous want to see Backyard Babies too.

Bazeye
20-Apr-09, 19:36
Last year ,Rezillos. This year ,SLF and Buzzcocks soon. All within 500 yds of my house.:D

Got roped in to going to Glastonbury with my two nephews and a few of their mates. Should be interesting as the last festival I went to was Reading in 1979.

highbury
20-Apr-09, 20:24
these http://www.rhythmfestival.net/ plus u2

sjr014
20-Apr-09, 20:48
Well its Coldplay for me again is year at Hamden, we Jayz supportin!

Douglas Cowie
21-Apr-09, 18:56
Joe Bonamassa at the Picture House in Edinburgh in December and I
pray every day that Eric Johnson will actually do some UK dates, apart from that nothing much grabs me.

Kenneth
22-Apr-09, 15:25
Off to see Doves tomorrow night in Edinburgh!!

Then Fleet Foxes in September

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Apr-09, 15:51
Off to see Doves tomorrow night in Edinburgh!!

Then Fleet Foxes in September

After the Doves gig, walk the short 50 yards down Lothian Road, turn left onto Shandwick Place. What you should be able to hear blaring out of the Ratpack speakers (on the corner, next to The Rutland) is one SuperElvis (aka Linton Osborne). Go in and say uh-huh.

hardcore superstar
23-Apr-09, 09:40
aaaah so jealous want to see Backyard Babies too.

well, you should be jealous ... the gig was fantastic. i've seen them about 6 or 7 times and it never gets tiresome.