PDA

View Full Version : Love Film

Fluff
26-Jan-09, 20:20
Does anyone here use the Love Film service? I have been thinking about trying it for a while but have never quite gotten around to it.

Any good?

Solus
26-Jan-09, 20:45
Been using them for about 4 months now and they are really good, very fast with dispatching dvd's. Usually post back on say a monday, they get Tuesday and new discs sent out same day arriving Wednesday.
I was with blockbuster before but Love films and far better and very good help centre. Only ever had one problem, emailed them and got reply back within 2 hours and problem solved.

Gizmo
26-Jan-09, 20:46
Does anyone here use the Love Film service? I have been thinking about trying it for a while but have never quite gotten around to it.

Any good?

Yeah LoveFilm are really good, i have used most of the online rental companies and LoveFilm are the best, Blockbuster are the worst, they struggle to get you your top films, out of a list of 24 movies 9 days passed and they still couldn't source stock to send to me, so i cancelled my account.
I actually have a 3 month gift card worth up to £50 that LoveFilm sent me at Christmas, it gets you 3 months free, you're welcome to have it if you want?, i don't know anyone that wants it so if you can pick it up in Wick you can have it.

Gizmo
26-Jan-09, 20:48
Ah..just noticed that you're in Reading, i don't think the round trip to Wick will be worth while :lol:, PM me your address if you want the gift card and i'll stick it in the post.

M.Funkenstein
26-Jan-09, 21:38
Yeah LoveFilm is great! I've been renting games since i got my 3 month trial in the post at Christmas! They're always extremely prompt in delivery and postage(usually about a day or two), and the best thing is, it's free both ways!

They've got a great customer service department, wasn't even put on hold when I rang up to cancel my account!

Kodiak
26-Jan-09, 21:53
Yeah LoveFilm is great! I've been renting games since i got my 3 month trial in the post at Christmas! They're always extremely prompt in delivery and postage(usually about a day or two), and the best thing is, it's free both ways!

They've got a great customer service department, wasn't even put on hold when I rang up to cancel my account!

I must ask, before anyone else does, if they were so great then what made you cancel your account?

Dadie
26-Jan-09, 21:56
credit crunch cutbacks? ..... seems to be the answer to everything these days

telfordstar
26-Jan-09, 21:57
Has it not got a code on the voucher for love film ?

M.Funkenstein
26-Jan-09, 22:24
I must ask, before anyone else does, if they were so great then what made you cancel your account?

haha oops! I just didn't have the money for it anymore, being the poor student I am :lol:

Gizmo
26-Jan-09, 22:52
Has it not got a code on the voucher for love film ?

Doh!....aye it does, slight brainfade there:confused:

Solus
26-Jan-09, 23:01
Anyone wanting to try them and extend the trial period from 2 weeks to 30 days let me know, i got a promo code for using.

Geo
26-Jan-09, 23:04
Found these codes online (hotukdeals) for 90 day free trial:

XEYFKMWNQ

XDMHCNEXQ

Probably for new customers only.

£15 cashback too at Quidco

joxville
27-Jan-09, 00:32
Fluff, take Gizmo up on his generous offer. I live in Tadley so can bring the popcorn. [lol]

Green_not_greed
27-Jan-09, 09:50
I've been using Lovefilm for over a year and they are brilliant. Great service, fast delivery and the postage is all included in the price. I've had a few duff DVDs over that period which they immediately sent replacements for.

GNG

Fluff
27-Jan-09, 10:45
Gizmo that is a very generous offer, are you sure?? I think I am now convinced and will have to sign up when we get back from our tropcial holiday (Thurso) in a few weeks.
Joxville, we could start up a south England caithness.org service lol

telfordstar
27-Jan-09, 11:42
Doh!....aye it does, slight brainfade there:confused:

No no brainfade those vouchers get sent out all the time and all have same code on then reason I know isvive had them and about 5 friends used the code for the 90days trial that's why I was asking.

Gizmo
27-Jan-09, 13:04
Gizmo that is a very generous offer, are you sure?? I think I am now convinced and will have to sign up when we get back from our tropcial holiday (Thurso) in a few weeks.
Joxville, we could start up a south England caithness.org service lol

Yeah of course, it's no use to me, i'll PM you the code that is on it :)

ett23
27-Jan-09, 15:13
Yeah I would definitely recommend lovefilm, a friend kindly gave us their 3 month free trial voucher and we've been using it for about a month and have watched 12 films so far, 2 more on the way today! Have to remember to cancel in time though so I don't get caught out and end up paying the monthly fee! ;)

percy toboggan
27-Jan-09, 20:31
I'd try it if only I didn't have an all consuming need to OWN good films!
Any I rented that I liked I'd have to buy them. I needs another couple of shelves - six already!

I might as well just keep an eye out for what I want to see and buy it (assuming money keeps coming in)
I've convinced my self I'll have a long dotage so I'm squirrelling movies away - nuts? probably.

Been getting a few 'belters off the box' lately - a good Irish one on BBC 1 (England ) tonioght...and Andrea Corr 's in it! Gosh.

Fluff
27-Jan-09, 22:09
Percy, my OH and I are the same, well mostly him lol! I have so many films etc which we watch once, thought was ok then never watch again! OH has a thing where he will not let me get rid of any, even the ones he has not watched for years!

percy toboggan
28-Jan-09, 18:50
Percy, my OH and I are the same, well mostly him lol! I have so many films etc which we watch once, thought was ok then never watch again! OH has a thing where he will not let me get rid of any, even the ones he has not watched for years!

I think it must be a bloke thing eh Fluff?
;)

liz19
28-Jan-09, 18:56
Yeah LoveFilm are really good, i have used most of the online rental companies and LoveFilm are the best, Blockbuster are the worst, they struggle to get you your top films, out of a list of 24 movies 9 days passed and they still couldn't source stock to send to me, so i cancelled my account.
I actually have a 3 month gift card worth up to £50 that LoveFilm sent me at Christmas, it gets you 3 months free, you're welcome to have it if you want?, i don't know anyone that wants it so if you can pick it up in Wick you can have it.

I got the £50 vouchers to give to people I have been using them for a few years now and my son thinks they're gr8 pretty quick getting things delivered when u send things back too...i'm in thurso if i can find one you're welcome to it if thurso better will have a look out moved recently so could be anywhere lol