PDA

View Full Version : Bulk uplifts

telfordstar
26-Jan-09, 14:45
From April 2009 you will have to pay for a bulk lift from the council up to 3 items £15 canna mind prices for the rest. I'd better have a good clear up and tidy before then and get whatever needs lifted away by then. Whats the point in paying council tax ?

changilass
26-Jan-09, 14:48
Great idea in theory but in practice all that will happen is folks will dump stuff and the council will have to go shift it anyhows.

telfordstar
26-Jan-09, 14:55
That's what I thought as well it'll be off the rocks with slot wait and see.

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-09, 15:00
That is rediculous! The reason i thought they done uplifts was to prevent people just leaving stuff lying everywhere! [evil]

And ur right what is the point in council tax?!

I have Home Aid coming to pick up more of my furniture today! They are very friendly when they pick stuff up!

But i think i may have to get a clear out myself very soon! :confused

This does not include extra bags of rubbish does it?

telfordstar
26-Jan-09, 15:08
That is rediculous! The reason i thought they done uplifts was to prevent people just leaving stuff lying everywhere! [evil]

And ur right what is the point in council tax?!

I have Home Aid coming to pick up more of my furniture today! They are very friendly when they pick stuff up!

But i think i may have to get a clear out myself very soon! :confused

This does not include extra bags of rubbish does it?

Not sure about extra bags shelley I'd give them a buzz just to make sure.

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-09, 15:11
Not sure about extra bags shelley I'd give them a buzz just to make sure.

Ahh thanks Telfordstar!

I have alot of cardboard boxes since we just got new furniture. Want to get rid asap now cos they are just gettin in the way so might phone and ask for 5 extra bags on my next bin day!

Em does anyone know the number now? LOL!

poppett
26-Jan-09, 15:21
805500 gets you the service point.

I am sure they stopped taking extra bags last summer. I have had cardboard taken away on a Thursday (heavy uplift day) by having it flat and tied in a bundle.

Hope that helps

balto
26-Jan-09, 16:04
Ahh thanks Telfordstar!

I have alot of cardboard boxes since we just got new furniture. Want to get rid asap now cos they are just gettin in the way so might phone and ask for 5 extra bags on my next bin day!

Em does anyone know the number now? LOL!
they stopped taking extra black bag last year think it was the end of june or july.

crashbandicoot1979
26-Jan-09, 16:06
Yeah, they don't take extra black bags anymore. If you have cardboard you can take it up to the recycling centre if you have transport.

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-09, 16:35
Aw naw! No i dont have transport :confused Never mind...i will just have to learn to live with it for a few months more til i get rid o it all

devil's sidekick
26-Jan-09, 16:42
we could take it to the recycling centre for you shelley thats where we take all our stuff.

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-09, 18:11
we could take it to the recycling centre for you shelley thats where we take all our stuff.

I asked at woman o urs last week til take ma boxes...she never did :roll: typical sisters eh! :lol:

ywindythesecond
27-Jan-09, 00:52
Logged on to this as I thought it might have something to do with Tina Turner on the front page of SAGA magazine.