PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Most Annoying Expressions

Tel
06-Feb-06, 23:47
......"YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT"
Can someone please shed some light on this subject....please!!
1. is you have cake its not supposed to be eaten... why not?
2. Is it for ornamental purposes only?
3. Does addition of birthday candles put it into "non-cake / flammable category & should you get a free fire extinguisher with it"
4. when is a cake a sponge....is it with addition of raisins/ currants?
5. when is a cake a cake?
6. Once eaten, legally where do you stand in event of being "caught having your cake & eating it?"
7. Can you get legal aid with bakers fees?
8. Is there a Cake-Eaters rehabilitaion programme in place for victims?
9. Does wedding cake contain addictive flavourings?
10. In the last 10yrs Does anyone have a cake they have not eaten in the house? if so have the neighbours not mentioned the smell?

ice box
06-Feb-06, 23:50
Tell me tel you on the wine ?

AR
07-Feb-06, 00:21
Ive always thought it an annoying saying no point in looking at it? haha

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 00:23
You never know your luck......
How annoying is that saying...lol:roll:

Geo
07-Feb-06, 00:28
Similar to "you can't have your cake and eat it."

What it is referring to is someone who wants two non compatible outcomes. In the example of the proverb, they want to have the cake, but if they eat the cake they no longer have the cake, but they still want it.

I think. :)

AR
07-Feb-06, 00:44
Kinda makes sense now!!!

neepnipper
07-Feb-06, 09:24
You can't seem to have a conversation without someone saying "At the end of the day", very, very annoying, to me the end of the day means it gets dark and you go to bed! I prefer to say "ultimately".

Whitewater
07-Feb-06, 10:06
If find the statement "get a life" both shocking & dreadful

Tymey
07-Feb-06, 11:21
I find it slightly annoying when people talk about their PIN number - you mean your Personal Identification Number Number rather than your PI number. *sighs*

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 14:34
"You the Maaaaan!!" Shudder! Cringe!

Saveman
07-Feb-06, 15:04
This is a "must see" movie!

What's going to happen to me if I don't see it?

Tymey
07-Feb-06, 16:18
An expression which I find annoying can be found in TV shows like Star Trek. (Not The Original Series...)"It's some kind of particle wave, it's some kind of alien, it's some kind of REALLY ANNOYING EXPRESSION!!!!

It's some kind of..........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Feb-06, 16:24
My favourite worst expression was when you would be told to "go away and boil your heid."Always had visions of these wee boys going into their houses after school and asking their Mum's to put a saucepan of water on the cooker again!!!!!!

Tymey
07-Feb-06, 16:27
"Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about."

wicker
07-Feb-06, 16:28
All of yous "dry your eyes" lol

Bugs the ell out of me

Saveman
07-Feb-06, 16:40
On those "special" offers on TV..........when they say, "But wait! You also get..."

Don't worry I wasn't going anywhere...

Shalom
07-Feb-06, 16:42
People who say, "I'm not going there!" most emphatically and then proceed to GO there! i.e. they tell you at length what their opinion is and when you try to put in yout two ha'porth, they say, "I said, I'm not going there!" Grrrr!!! :roll:

Tel
07-Feb-06, 16:45
I'll take my hand off your face!

jings00
07-Feb-06, 16:53
picking your nose when you are a bairn, and being asked to give a whistle when you get to the bridge. took me years to work that one out.
moanin that you're bored, gettin told to stick yer bum out the window and throw stones at it (HOW!!??)
what day is it? Tuesday, all day, argh!
Agree with the PIN / number, duh.
sayin, oh i got a sore hand, bein told, just keep it til it's better then. grrrrr.

spurtle
07-Feb-06, 19:47
"Have you the right time?"
"No,will the wrong time do?"

"I'm off on holiday"
"Anywhere nice?"
"No, I prefer to go to rubbish places"

htwood
07-Feb-06, 19:59
hmmm so many to choose from. This prob falls under "general gripe" but here goes.
A person pops their head in the door and asks, Is this the law office? (NOOO mate, its the terlet and would ya shut the door plz?)
Never mind that the door to the building says law office, the sign at bottom of stairwell says law office and big sign on the actual door says law office.

Other annoying expressions:
Have a good one (a good one WHAT, could ya be more specific in your wishes for me?)

Some snacks and whatnot......(whatnot? cant ya think of the right food item? not sure i wanna eat whatnot)

I'll keep you apprised....( why dont you just let me know when you have more info)

mostlyharmless
07-Feb-06, 20:31
"Sorry...what was the name again."

"What !what was it? do you want my name now or before I came here or maybe sometime in the future?"
"No I mean I need your name."
"My name why do want my name do you not have one of your own?"
"I need to put you down!"
"Put me down I only came in for a filling"

"Now what were you wanting?"

"What was I wanting when."
"What did you need?"

"What did I need, I needed you before now thanks"

Rheghead
07-Feb-06, 20:34
"Have a nice Day!" (Moronic american speak)

"At the end of the Day,..." (Moronic speak from people who listen to footballers on the TV)

"Good shout!" (Moronic speak from go-getters)

"Nae bother" (Moronic speak from easy going people)

"Basically, .." (Moronic speak from people who are trying to sound intelligent)

Just 5 of the expressions that I loathe :D

spiggie
07-Feb-06, 20:45
'At the end of the day'
'you know what im saying?'
'lek ye know?' after every second word!
'ouavoua'
the list could go on......

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 20:54
'At the end of the day'
'you know what im saying?'
'lek ye know?' after every second word!
'ouavoua'
the list could go on......

Whats 'ouavoua'?

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 20:59
Whats 'ouavoua'?it's a bit like ow a vow a....lordy chavvy bree....:lol:

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 22:41
I love you, but i'm not in love with you?????:confused: What does it mean...

Loafer
07-Feb-06, 22:54
"I'll tell you something for nothing"

What does that mean???????

"At the end of the day"

Which flippin' day is that??

The Loafer

davem
08-Feb-06, 01:03
We'll have to put this on a back burner!

jjc
08-Feb-06, 01:15
"No offence but..."

Clearly you are about to say something offensive or you wouldn’t have started the sentence with this… And the very fact that you did means that you know you are about to be offensive but are just too lazy to stop yourself. Grrr. [mad]

MadPict
08-Feb-06, 01:52
Whats 'ouavoua'?

Think this might be a reference to the Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer quiz show "Shooting Stars" where if the contestants got the question wrong they heard "Ouvavou".
If they won the bonus prize they heard "Eeranou".....

But then I could be hearing a loud Ouvavou....

Niall Fernie
08-Feb-06, 10:07
"Error 404 - File Not Found"
Arghhhh, fix those links (note to self)

My fav is: "Error 417 - Expectation Failed"
Yes is did when 404 was not found.

This one goes through my head when I have to phone a callcentre:
"Error 677 - A person answered instead of a modem."

Saveman
08-Feb-06, 10:49
Listen you guys, at the end of the day, we’ve just gotta get on with life. No offence but some of these comments are just like so “Error 404 – File not found” you know what I mean? Basically we’ve got to accept people for who and what they are, so it is. You want a better world? Well you can’t have your cake and eat it! So I suggest everyone just get a life and have some kind of proper conversation!

;)

JAWS
08-Feb-06, 13:28
SAVEY, you had to do it didn't you. Grrrr....! :o)

"Get a life!" - They're moving, they're talking, they haven't screwed the coffin lid down yet, looks like life to me.

The other is, "What Ever!", when somebody isn't getting their own way.

Tel
08-Feb-06, 17:21
"Know wat a mean innat no!"

"Awrite Big Man!"

"Im not one to gossip but....did you hear about ...!"

"Do you want cashback??.....

"What on earth were u thinking?.....

"Have you put the Colour TV in the cupboard!!!... TV detector vans in the street!"

cuddlepop
08-Feb-06, 18:07
In a minute...How come a minute is never just that.I've even known it to be days,weeks ,months, years .......and you guys say wee nag
I :Razz wonder why!

scorrie
08-Feb-06, 18:38
"Is anyone sitting here?" (gesturing at an empty seat), YES it's the Invisible Man!!

"Are you awake?", answer NO

"Are you asleep?", answer YES

Old Wifie says "Mobile Phones for Christmas!!, it wouldna hev been allowed when I wis a bairn!!". Correct Granny, they were not invented then!!

"That's the snow on", "Is it Lying?", "No it's telling the truth!!"

"I am not boozy, I'm just tired"

paris
08-Feb-06, 18:54
Ill eat my hat,( well go on then ) and go suck eggs, drives me mental!!!

blackbess
08-Feb-06, 19:08
dunno about annoying expressions but sayings.....like " I love you " especially on e net never mind e org.....doesnt work too many liars oot there be warned everyone......true love does exist but get to know someone first....tried e net real world much better :o)

Feeder
08-Feb-06, 19:11
Talking to a job recruiter last week, I expressed my reservations about an interview I was to attend, she said 'Oh don't worry, its a 'NO-BRAINER'.

Absolutley Infuriated me. She will never say it again

Snoopy
09-Feb-06, 16:17
Talk to the hand coz the face ain't listening!!!!

squidge
09-Feb-06, 16:36
awwwwwwwwww I love you blackbess :o <----------thats a lovesick face

dunno about annoying expressions but sayings.....like " I love you " especially on e net never mind e org.....doesnt work too many liars oot there be warned everyone......true love does exist but get to know someone first....tried e net real world much better :o)

BRIE
09-Feb-06, 16:47
"what you sayin now?" i never know how to reply to this why dont they just say hello!

wickerinca
09-Feb-06, 18:38
it's a bit like ow a vow a....lordy chavvy bree....:lol:

Thanks Connie!! Been a wee while since I heard those and I had forgotten how to spell!!:lol: :lol:

Saveman
09-Feb-06, 19:13
"what you sayin now?" i never know how to reply to this why dont they just say hello!

Just reply...."No bad, yersel?"
Lift the "yersel" up at the end until your voice is squeaky and glare at them with a manic grin. They won't ask you that again.