PDA

View Full Version : Overkill

changilass
24-Jan-09, 01:52
I appreciate humour as much as the next person, but what really annoys me is folks who constantly spoil every single thread with their humour.

The odd thread is funny but when its every single bliddy thread it is just overkill.

C'mon guys, a bit of though afore you trash every single thread would be good.

dook
24-Jan-09, 01:56
I appreciate humour as much as the next person, but what really annoys me is folks who constantly spoil every single thread with their humour.

The odd thread is funny but when its every single bliddy thread it is just overkill.

That's the good thing about threads Changilass. They are threads. Just skip onto the next one if it doesn't suit.

changilass
24-Jan-09, 01:58
I'd rather not have to skip every single thread due to thoughtless folks thank you very much

dook
24-Jan-09, 02:01
I'd rather not have to skip every single thread due to thoughtless folks thank you very much

Why thoughtless? The threads are broken down into posts. Miss out the posts you want to if you do not wish to skip threads. Would you not rather humour than hate?

dirdyweeker
24-Jan-09, 02:08

Am with you here changilass. I don't mind a funny thread but a lot of good debates are interjected with humour which changes the whole thread.

JAWS
24-Jan-09, 02:13
It's not as if some of the interjections are even relevant, or even funny for that matter.

Gizmo
24-Jan-09, 03:19
Am with you here changilass. I don't mind a funny thread but a lot of good debates are interjected with humour which changes the whole thread.

Nothing wrong with a bit of humour being injected into a serious debate at times, it's when it goes on and on and on that it changes the thread and spoils it, and apart from some of the crap i have seen posted tonight it doesn't really happen that often, the mods have had a good clear out though, quite a few Orgers in the sin bin tonight :D

chaz
24-Jan-09, 10:20

Have to agree the odd thread is funny,but when its nearly every thread it gettst a bit over the top.

golach
24-Jan-09, 10:23
It's not as if some of the interjections are even relevant, or even funny for that matter.
I agree whole heartedly, well done the Mods

Venture
24-Jan-09, 10:34
I'm with everyone on this too. We seem to have acquired new orgers of late who only seem intent on hijacking threads with the sole intention of trashing them with their own brand of humour. I don't mind a little of it but yesterday was like "mad Friday" ending in three orgers that I know of being suspended. This type of nonsense puts others off posting and belongs in the Jokes section. In fact I'd say we seem to have lost a lot of the regulars who enjoyed a good debate, because of it. Let's try and get the org back on a sensible track.;)

silverfox57
24-Jan-09, 10:36
have to agree with you golach.a org seems to be changing ,

binbob
24-Jan-09, 10:40
That's the good thing about threads Changilass. They are threads. Just skip onto the next one if it doesn't suit.

how can u post ,dook..when it says u are suspended?????[disgust]

Gizmo
24-Jan-09, 11:06
how can u post ,dook..when it says u are suspended?????[disgust]

He can't, those posts were done before he was suspended.

binbob
24-Jan-09, 14:28

thank u..i did wonder...:roll:

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 14:41
They can still view on here as a guest tho cant they? Im almost certain i have seen the wee green light lit up next to some suspended peoples names! :confused

devil's sidekick
24-Jan-09, 14:47

anyone know why he was suspended? was it the same thing as the guys yesterday ?

butterfly
24-Jan-09, 14:49

i agree changilass,maybe we will get peace for now.the mods were on to the twats and sorted them out[lol][lol][lol]

JAWS
24-Jan-09, 16:35
Shelley, don't know about their light coming on but people can view the boards when they are suspended, as can non-members, it's just that they cannot add posts.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Jan-09, 16:45
Nothing wrong with a bit of humour being injected into a serious debate at times, it's when it goes on and on and on that it changes the thread and spoils it, and apart from some of the crap i have seen posted tonight it doesn't really happen that often, the mods have had a good clear out though, quite a few Orgers in the sin bin tonight :D

Who got sin binned then?? I ken Dook did but I didnt really take much notice as to who else upset the locals.

balto
24-Jan-09, 17:02
Who got sin binned then?? I ken Dook did but I didnt really take much notice as to who else upset the locals.
as far a s i know 2 eejits from yesterday, who were doing there best to wind us all up, good ridance to them.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Jan-09, 17:12
Sin bin usually means to cool off but there s some orgers that have been in the suspended category for a long while. How long are the suspended ones suspended for???

JAWS
24-Jan-09, 17:46
It varies depending on how serious a problem the particular poster has caused and also on their previous behaviour.
The more an offender persist in their behaviour the longer the periods of suspension lasts. If they persist in getting themselves suspended then they are eventually banned completely.