PDA

View Full Version : child stars

Vistravi
24-Jan-09, 01:27
Anyone else think that children that become celebirties or child stars end up more messed up during teenage years then normal children are?
what's everyone's thoughts on this?

joxville
24-Jan-09, 01:29
I blame the pushy parents.

Vistravi
24-Jan-09, 01:42
I blame the pushy parents.

Agree with you joxville. Parents don't think fro their child's point of view, they only think from theirs. They can't see that their child may be unhappy and not want to do it.

*Martin*
24-Jan-09, 20:49
I wouldn't say they're more messed up than other teenagers. It's just they have to go through it in front of other people rather than being able to just get on with it!

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 23:00
I feel bad for "Showbiz Kids!" the poor kids dinna get a chance to enjoy their childhood!! Just look at Corey Haim from "The Lost Boys"! How far off the rails did he go! The power got to him!! Its so sad!

I remember watching a program on LivingTv i think about Showbiz mum's and Dad's! There were children who were ice skaters, footballers, horse riders etc etc...they had no time for anything but what their parents pushed them to do! Their parents would tell them "2nd place is not good enough" That would mess me up for sure!!!!

TBH
24-Jan-09, 23:05
Anyone else think that children that become celebirties or child stars end up more messed up during teenage years then normal children are?
what's everyone's thoughts on this?Definitely, remember how Bette Davis treated her sister, Joan Crawford, in the movie, "Whatever happened to baby Jane".

wifie
24-Jan-09, 23:06
Definitely, remember how Bette Davis treated her sister, Joan Crawford, in the movie, "Whatever happened to baby Jane".

Rats!!!! That was awful! ;)

TBH
24-Jan-09, 23:07
Rats!!!! That was awful! ;)My God, that woman was either a sublime actress or she was really evil.

wifie
24-Jan-09, 23:11
I am thinkin a bit of both - mind you they were both like that!

TBH
24-Jan-09, 23:17
I am thinkin a bit of both - mind you they were both like that!And apparently they hated each other in real life. That hatred must have helped Bette to act out of her skin in that film.

wifie
24-Jan-09, 23:19
And apparently they hated each other in real life. That hatred must have helped Bette to act out of her skin in that film.

I think they were both fabulous - such characters actors were in those days! Another time eh?

Amy-Winehouse
24-Jan-09, 23:19
Agree with you joxville. Parents don't think fro their child's point of view, they only think from theirs. They can't see that their child may be unhappy and not want to do it.

You mean Ms Spears mom? She is a prime example or Joe Jackson, weird mikes father .

TBH
24-Jan-09, 23:21
You mean Ms Spears mom? She is a prime example or Joe Jackson, weird mikes father .Or the father of the Williams sisters.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Jan-09, 23:26
The Osmonds?? but what about Mrs Murray? that might upset a few on here Jamie & Andy s mom - she is a law unto herself.

Macaulay Culkins parents were so bad he divorced them:eek:[lol]

Linsay Lohans parents were a bit ott as well- did one of them not end up in a porridge ration hotel ??

TBH
24-Jan-09, 23:29
The Osmonds?? but what about Mrs Murray? that might upset a few on here Jamie & Andy s mom - she is a law unto herself.

Macaulay Culkins parents were so bad he divorced them:eek:[lol]

Linsay Lohans parents were a bit ott as well- did one of them not end up in a porridge ration hotel ??Andy murray's mum is no better than Williams imho. Culkin and Jackson have so much in common.