PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames

dook
23-Jan-09, 22:26
Here's one. What's the best nickname you've heard and why?

I know a guy called "B'doynge" due to a rather unfortunate incident in the swimming pool. He's been stuck with that name for years!

joxville
24-Jan-09, 00:13
One of my colleagues is called Bullet-he's been fired from every previous job.

Another is called Rabbi because of an unfortunate incident with the bath. When he was 10 years old he stepped into it and the bath panel moved slightly, catching a certain part of the anatomy-he circumsised himself!

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:16
One of my colleagues is called Bullet-he's been fired from every previous job.

Another is called Rabbi because of an unfortunate incident with the bath. When he was 10 years old he stepped into it and the bath panel moved slightly, catching a certain part of the anatomy-he circumsised himself!

Ha ha nice one Joxville. We've got a line manager at work we call Rat hunt due to rhyming slang!

joxville
24-Jan-09, 00:23
I don't know the guy but a colleague has a mate nicknamed Heinz. His real name is Ted Farr and someone swapped his name around.

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 00:26
My nickname is loopy....10 points to who can guess why! [lol]

joxville
24-Jan-09, 00:29
You managed to escape from Craig Dunain?

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:29

Weak bladder?

joxville
24-Jan-09, 00:32

Everyone you know ends up going mad?

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:33

Fashioned from the loins of Ullapool folk?

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 00:33
Nope, nope and nope! ;) Good guesses tho! I had a good wee giggle!

Salad Fingers
24-Jan-09, 00:36
Nope, nope and nope! ;) Good guesses tho! I had a good wee giggle!

you have a fear of marlinspike. are you a fraid knot?

kitty
24-Jan-09, 00:36
Here's one. What's the best nickname you've heard and why?

I know a guy called "B'doynge" due to a rather unfortunate incident in the swimming pool. He's been stuck with that name for years!

Hahahaha dook, i remeber a certain someone being called that, his little bro was then called by his first name and b'doynge after it. lol. I'd completely forgotten about that until now [lol]

joxville
24-Jan-09, 00:37
You were sick on a roller-coaster doing a loop-the-loop? Or a plane. Or a childhood doll looked like you? I give up.

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:39
Hahahaha dook, i remeber a certain someone being called that, his little bro was then called by his first name and b'doynge after it. lol. I'd completely forgotten about that until now [lol]

Nothin better than playin footie against little B'doynge! Put him right off!

kitty
24-Jan-09, 00:44
Nothin better than playin footie against little B'doynge! Put him right off!

Not to mention names but 'j b'doynge' was in my year at school, its terrible to say but thats all i really know about him now is his nickname, couldn't tell you what he does now or even if he still lives up here. :eek:

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:48
Not to mention names but 'j b'doynge' was in my year at school, its terrible to say but thats all i really know about him now is his nickname, couldn't tell you what he does now or even if he still lives up here. :eek:

I believe he got a job at Wick swimming pool as a diving board and little B'doynge got a job in inverness as a tent pole

kitty
24-Jan-09, 00:50
I believe he got a job at Wick swimming pool as a diving board and little B'doynge got a job in inverness as a tent pole

hahahaha and here was me thinking they kept up the marquee's at the county show. [lol][lol]

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:51
hahahaha and here was me thinking they kept up the marquee's at the county show. [lol][lol]

Nope. That's why he's called little B'doynge

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 00:55
You were sick on a roller-coaster doing a loop-the-loop? Or a plane. Or a childhood doll looked like you? I give up.

Just dont think so hard...its pretty simple! ;)

2little2late
24-Jan-09, 00:56
Just dont think so hard...its pretty simple! ;)

It's because you are loopy?

kitty
24-Jan-09, 00:56
Nope. That's why he's called little B'doynge

Ok............ he was just pretending and having a fun night camping in his back garden or field in his 2 man tent. lol [lol][lol]

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 00:58
It's because you are loopy?

That is exactly it! :D Well done!

My sister called me it, one time when i was younger i was away with the Army Cadets to an Athletics weekend and when i got home on the Sunday she came running up to me and said "oh my how i have missed my "Loopy"! Well i thought she was the Loopy one...but i am slightly more Loopy than her! Together we are Loopy and La!! lol!

dook
24-Jan-09, 01:00

My sister called me it, one time when i was younger i was away with the Army Cadets to an Athletics weekend and when i got home on the Sunday she came running up to me and said "oh my how i have missed my "Loopy"! Well i thought she was the Loopy one...but i am slightly more Loopy than her! Together we are Loopy and La!! lol!

So it's not the weak bladder then? Definately?

alanabain
24-Jan-09, 01:10

And i am LA!!

Indeed that is what happened..... i thought the name suited her and it still does and to this day i still call her it ( bout 7 years on or something ) and other people do to.

She lives up to her name tho... and i know some of u orgers that have read many of her posts will agree.

:Razz

dook
24-Jan-09, 01:12
And i am LA!!

Indeed that is what happened..... i thought the name suited her and it still does and to this day i still call her it ( bout 7 years on or something ) and other people do to.

She lives up to her name tho... and i know some of u orgers that have read many of her posts will agree.

:Razz

Damn. I was certain it was the bladder

joxville
24-Jan-09, 01:14
Throwing up on a rollercoaster would have been better.

dook
24-Jan-09, 01:16

At the same time as the bladder issue. Lot of spectators. The word "Spatter" ringing out

ShelleyCowie
24-Jan-09, 20:20

haha i never seem to get a chance to throw up on a roller coaster!!! Last time i was on one was at Alton Towers 5 years ago or something! Never again will i go on one! The Oblivion....:eek: There was NEARLY a weak bladder moment...but no! lol!

but it was still fun! :Razz

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jan-09, 21:23
When we were all younger and hung around in the village the various nicknames that some of the boys had were ;

Yob ................... they said it was because he was a backward boy or so I was told.

Curly............... His hair was curly when he grew it.

Big Yeti............ He resembled the Big Yeti monster in size but that again want true

Little Yeti..........now this ones obvious he was Big Yetis little brother.

There was more but I am too tired to try and remember at the momment.

DeHaviLand
24-Jan-09, 22:43
I know a guy whos nickname is 'Sledge'. Apparently its because he is often pulled by dogs!

wee sparkle
25-Jan-09, 02:07
Haha, my nickname at one stage, around about first year, was Oager. :lol:

As in Ogre, like Shrek, but cleverly including the spelling of my name. Haha

I dont think i have one anymore, they got bored of Oager after about third year. :p