PDA

View Full Version : So So Stupid!

highlander
23-Jan-09, 20:07
I went to post a parcel to Orkney today, i thought it was a case of them setting it aside and to be delivered down to the ferry, but no it has to go to inverness sorting office first, this is so so stupid! I was wondering then, does local mail also have to go to inverness for sorting too? Maybe its me who's stupid. lol

2little2late
24-Jan-09, 00:31
I am led to believe that if a letter is posted to Thurso from Wick it goes down to Inverness, but if it was posted in Wick to another Wick address it is processed in Wick. Stupid I know and total waste of money.

dook
24-Jan-09, 00:32
I am led to believe that if a letter is posted to Thurso from Wick it goes down to Inverness, but if it was posted in Wick to another Wick address it is processed in Wick. Stupid I know and total waste of money.

I tried to post an e mail once........

Salad Fingers
24-Jan-09, 00:40
I went to post a parcel to Orkney today, i thought it was a case of them setting it aside and to be delivered down to the ferry, but no it has to go to inverness sorting office first, this is so so stupid! I was wondering then, does local mail also have to go to inverness for sorting too? Maybe its me who's stupid. lol

Your lucky you sent that first class. It goes to Manchester with second

Oddquine
24-Jan-09, 01:43
In Moray, our post went to Aberdeen for sorting. Don't know if it still does......though with the current penchant for centralising everything, I'd not be surprised if it was sorted in Edinburgh!

Dorrie
24-Jan-09, 01:48
Your lucky you sent that first class. It goes to Manchester with second

How crazy is that! I suppose if it got sorted in Inverness it would arrive at the same time as first class! The world is going mad! They have to sort it into first and second class to see where it's got to go to get sorted! :o

sassylass
24-Jan-09, 01:49
I tried to post an e mail once........

oh for god's sake :roll:

EDDIE
24-Jan-09, 19:43

well now u no why the post office is in so much trouble

Kevin Milkins
24-Jan-09, 23:00
well now u no why the post office is in so much trouble

I thought I heared they were doing well just now.