PDA

View Full Version : can you.

fudge100
23-Jan-09, 19:25
can someone please help in answering this question.is it okay to reheat cold cooked chicken? for example the next day.if not why?

Tugmistress
23-Jan-09, 19:30
i do all the time, just make sure it is really piping hot! i've never had any problems. (i usually nuke it).

Venture
23-Jan-09, 19:31
Here is a link that might help.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080225012611AAqKoNo

Kodiak
23-Jan-09, 19:32
As long as it is Throughly Hot all the way Through, then yes it is OK.

Do NOT just Warm it as it MUST be HOT.

I do this all the time, Roast a Chicken on a Sunday, half is eaten and the other half is put in fridge. The next day it is served HOT again with perhaps Chips.

chaz
23-Jan-09, 19:32
i do all the time, just make sure it is really piping hot! i've never had any problems. (i usually nuke it).

I reheat also till piping hot,not had problems here either.

Angela
23-Jan-09, 19:33
Yes, you can!:)

I always use up leftover cooked chicken by making things like a risotto or pasta dish.

You just need to make sure the chicken's reheated thoroughly right through.

dook
23-Jan-09, 19:33
can someone please help in answering this question.is it okay to reheat cold cooked chicken? for example the next day.if not why?

No. It's extremely dangerous. Stored within a chicken are tiny people called Chickostulites that lie dormant under the flesh of the chicken. Cooking the chicken activates the little mongrels and they have only 24 hours to mate. Next day chicken is obviously the worst time due to the fact that their full to the neck of reproductive fizzy juice and a hormone called Al Quaeda. The more time after the next day the better as levels fall exponentially with time. By a fortnight they'll have migrated behind your skirting boards and the chicken will be fine to eat. You won't even have to reheat it.

Tugmistress
23-Jan-09, 19:34
I reheat also till piping hot,not had problems here either.

I favourite is a chinky chicken curry one night, eat half, then nuke the rest for tea the next night :D yummy

dook
23-Jan-09, 19:34
Reheated chicken tastes fowl..........

fudge100
23-Jan-09, 19:39
thanks, for your answer, i knew i was right, my friend said you could not.

jings00
23-Jan-09, 20:00
you wouldny want to repeatedly reheat it though, one reheat is my limit.mind you, the dog usually gets any hen that is left.....

highlander
23-Jan-09, 20:13
Why not make a batter, dip the chicken in it and deep fry it, yummyyyyyyyyyy

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jan-09, 20:24
Why not make a batter, dip the chicken in it and deep fry it, yummyyyyyyyyyy

Oh yummy with a sprinkle of salt, ground pepper and chilli in the batter and its got a little kick to it then. :)

golach
23-Jan-09, 20:41
I favourite is a chicken curry one night, eat half, then nuke the rest for tea the next night :D yummy

Tugs, beware the rice next day,

http://www.northampton.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=499&pageNumber=2

Boss
23-Jan-09, 21:00

You can reheat any food, once only.

dook
23-Jan-09, 21:01
You can reheat any food, once only.

Ice cream you can't

A9RUNNER
23-Jan-09, 22:56
Ice cream you can't

:lol: Hmmm! reheated ice cream is rubbish.
As for chicken I would quite often leave left over cooked chicken for the next day. Dont think I have ever had any ill effects from it.

2little2late
24-Jan-09, 00:47
I asked my local butcher how long I could keep a chicken in the freezer. He told me about 6 months. I did this and when I went to get the chicken from the freezer it was dead. [lol] [lol]

Bazeye
24-Jan-09, 15:33
Sorry 2little2late didnt see your post.

ShelleyCowie
25-Jan-09, 12:57
I dont mind re-heated chicken! My mum used to make a super massive chicken for a Sunday then Monday we would have the left overs!!

I HATE cold chicken though! That really does my head in! I dont reheat chicken myself because usually in my house there is no chicken left to reheat! [lol] We are a bunch o gannets!

hotrod4
25-Jan-09, 13:30
It is perfectly safe to reheat chicken but as someone else said just ONCE. Golach is right rice can be very tricky and causes more poisoning than you would think.As long as the product is reheated thoroughly then you shouldnt have any problems. Also remember to let it cool thoroughly before placing in fridge as that can speed up Bacteria growth (and ruin other food in the fridge)

Tugmistress
25-Jan-09, 13:32
Tugs, beware the rice next day,

http://www.northampton.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=499&pageNumber=2

never had a problem G, but then again i've been told i have a cast iron gut lol wont put me off doing it again :D