PDA

View Full Version : How thoughtful is my daughter ....???

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jan-09, 19:06
Well folks what do you think of this one......................... :)

My oldest has just come home with her slip for parents night in Wick High. I asked which teachers she would like me to go and see?

I was told to make an appointment with the new Tech teacher in the school. I was a bit confused as she doesnt study Tech..............

Her answer when questioned was as follows.

Trust me mum you would appreciate ten minutes just looking at this guy hes gorgeous......... :eek: and you will thank me for it

Well I never did we get good looking teachers at school I cant remember and if we did would we have asked our mums to go and check them out.

Pms to Alice for the teachers name as poor bloke wont want to be seeing it on the org now will he. :lol:

BRIE
23-Jan-09, 19:22
I would go see him too but he might find it strange with my son not takin tech studies!:lol:
will go chase my parents evening slip now as my son has obviously forgot!!

Venture
23-Jan-09, 19:25
Well folks what do you think of this one.........................

My oldest has just come home with her slip for parents night in Wick High. I asked which teachers she would like me to go and see?

I was told to make an appointment with the new Tech teacher in the school. I was a bit confused as she doesnt study Tech..............

Trust me mum you would appreciate ten minutes just looking at this guy hes gorgeous......... :eek: and you will thank me for it

Well I never did we get good looking teachers at school I cant remember and if we did would we have asked our mums to go and check them out.

Pms to Alice for the teachers name as poor bloke wont want to be seeing it on the org now will he. :lol:

When you're there Alice just remember - look....... but don't touch.[lol]

percy toboggan
23-Jan-09, 19:41
When I was a child it never , ever, ocurred to me who my mother ...or father come to that... might find attractive.

This is all to do with kids growing up to quickly. I have no idea how old your daughte ris...or thinks she is. (there's sometimes a difference)
Females become young women now straight after childhood....whatever happened to girls who cared not a fig for who Mum might think 'fit'...to use the modern parlance.

It takes allsorts but in your shoes I'd be disappointed.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jan-09, 19:47
When you're there Alice just remember - look....... but don't touch.[lol]

Aww come on wheres the fun in that in for a penny ..............in for a pound what can they do ??ask me not to come back ...its her last year.....:lol:

Oops forgot her younger siblings have still to get through High School. :)

At least she was being considerate to her mum parents night can be such a chore..

percy toboggan
23-Jan-09, 19:49
Again..and I'm not having a go purposefully here...
'parent's night can be a chore'...was that a tongue in cheek comment?

ShelleyCowie
23-Jan-09, 19:52
When i was in high school bout 5 years ago now...i had a few good looking teachers! :D Wont name any names cos some people might know them! But my goodness they were very good looking!

percy toboggan
23-Jan-09, 19:55
When i was in high school bout 5 years ago now...i had a few good looking teachers! :D Wont name any names cos some people might know them! But my goodness they were very good looking!

Shock! some teachers are attractive to the opposite sex.
I've seen some silly threads in my time but this one takes the garibaldi.

No offence to homosexuals here either...before the usual suspect starts piping up.

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jan-09, 20:00
When I was a child it never , ever, ocurred to me who my mother ...or father come to that... might find attractive.

This is all to do with kids growing up to quickly. I have no idea how old your daughte ris...or thinks she is. (there's sometimes a difference)
Females become young women now straight after childhood....whatever happened to girls who cared not a fig for who Mum might think 'fit'...to use the modern parlance.

It takes allsorts but in your shoes I'd be disappointed.

Shes almost Eighteen and heading to University this year having achieved Eight excellent standard grades. Five equally excellent Highers. She is currently studying Advanced higher Maths Advanced higher Biology and some other higher ( not tech ;) ) has been unconditionaly accepted into three Universities Robert Gordon in Aberdeen, Strathclyde in Glasgow and Heriot Watt in Edinburgh to study Biomedical Sciences. :D

I agree it takes allsorts ........disappointed....................no one very proud mother here who can at least talk openly to her daughter about anything. :)

wee sparkle
23-Jan-09, 20:05
Percy,

I think times have changed since you were at school. :lol::D

Alice in Blunderland
23-Jan-09, 20:10
I've seen some silly threads in my time but this one takes the garibaldi.

Goodness Percy why post if the thread is so silly it only keeps it going then. ;)

The thread was started in a lighthearted manner.:D

Sporran
23-Jan-09, 20:44
Well I think it's hilarious, Alice, and so nice of your daughter to think of treating you to some eye candy, lol! :lol:

Fran
24-Jan-09, 02:18
Shes almost Eighteen and heading to University this year having achieved Eight excellent standard grades. Five equally excellent Highers. She is currently studying Advanced higher Maths Advanced higher Biology and some other higher ( not tech ;) ) has been unconditionaly accepted into three Universities Robert Gordon in Aberdeen, Strathclyde in Glasgow and Heriot Watt in Edinburgh to study Biomedical Sciences. :D

I agree it takes allsorts ........disappointed....................no one very proud mother here who can at least talk openly to her daughter about anything. :)

Well done Alice, you must be so proud of such a clever daughter and you obviously have a very close bond. not many mothers have that, and it is so good she can talk to you openly. You have a lot to "shout" about, well done to you both.

Gizmo
24-Jan-09, 03:29
Percy,

I think times have changed since you were at school. :lol::D

I think the head of state has changed a couple of times since Percy was at school ;)

weeboyagee
24-Jan-09, 10:05
Ach, Percy ma old boy, things have never changed really. Wasn't there a teacher you had a crush on when you were at school, or did you land up in the one with all the old ugly spinsters?

Poor tech teacher tho, how will he be able to explain the queue on the night! Having read this thread it would appear that most of the women reading this are probably all now very intruiged as to who the poor sod is!

And the trail of drool will lead every one of them to his classroom door!

Poor boy!

WBG :cool:

percy toboggan
24-Jan-09, 10:46
I think the head of state has changed a couple of times since Percy was at school ;)

You're quite wrong actually...I'm a child of the last Georgian age.I started to attend school in 1956.
Prime Ministers have come and gone of course...and each one has presided over a moral decline. Part of which was needed, a general loosening of stiffness and reserve. A measure of deference was shed which was no bad thing either.

Sadly, it's all gone too far.

Sexualisation has started way too early and anyone with any common sense will agree with me.

I did not realise Alice's daughter was eighteen...which makes her a woman in my book at least.

As for having 'crushes on teachers' I can say emphatically not !
I reserved my day dreams for girls of a similar age - which manifested in an adolescent mental homage. The held no comparison to my affection for for a certain football team in which I played a major part.I was allowed to be a boy you see....my parents were in no hurry for me to 'grow up' .

This board is in danger of becoming ageist. This is not the first thread where a semi-mocking tone has been adopted towards me because of my age - 57. I have a thick skin and am not offended. Others might be more precious about it and it could even upset some folk. It takes all sorts as I said earlier.

As the usual suspects champion homosexuals and minority ethnic people are never shy to jump to the defence of their chosen cause, I have decided to pick up the cudgel in the cause of those over the age of fifty.

It's a long time since I had a good cyber scrap, so bring it on.

I presume ageism is as taboo as the rest of the 'isms' .
If you're going to mock the over fifties leave your sensitivities behind.

percy toboggan
24-Jan-09, 10:48
Ach, Percy ma old boy

I'm far from your old boy.
Such a term is both demeaning and patronising in this enlightened new age.
Don't use it again please.

Gizmo
24-Jan-09, 10:53
You're quite wrong actually...I'm a child of the last Georgian age.I started to attend school in 1956.
Prime Ministers have come and gone of course...and each one has presided over a moral decline. Part of which was needed, a general loosening of stiffness and reserve. A measure of deference was shed which was no bad thing either.

Sexualisation has started way too early and anyone with any common sense will agree with me.

I did not realise Alice's daughter was eighteen...which makes her a woman in my book at least.

I reserved my day dreams for girls of a similar age - which manifested in an adolescent mental homage. The held no comparison to my affection for for a certain football team in which I played a major part.I was allowed to be a boy you see....my parents were in no hurry for me to 'grow up' .

This board is in danger of becoming ageist. This is not the first thread where a semi-mocking tone has been adopted towards me because of my age - 57. I have a thick skin and am not offended. Others might be more precious about it and it could even upset some folk. It takes all sorts as I said earlier.

As the usual suspects champion homosexuals and minority ethnic people are never shy to jump to the defence of their chosen cause, I have decided to pick up the cudgel in the cause of those over the age of fifty.

Oh do be quite Grandad, you'll be having one of your 'turns' if your not careful:D

Alice in Blunderland
24-Jan-09, 11:09

I thought that Percy. This is her on Prom night.

That said I see where you are coming from . :)

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=601ae4f7be&view=att&th=11e5a9a338a45975&attid=0.4&disp=emb&zw

Dorrie
24-Jan-09, 11:30

Wonderful! WTG Mum - Good job done! I would be proud too.

Angela
24-Jan-09, 11:39

Well, percy, I'm over 50 -indeed, like you I'm 57, and I have never (yet) felt mocked on this forum because of my age.:) Even tho' at times I give free rein to my Grumpy Old Woman side. I don't mind if anyone wants to call me Grandma - I'm proud of my granny status!

The Org ageist? I really don't think so.... :confused

So there's no need at all for you to pick up that cudgel in my defence!;)

padfoot
24-Jan-09, 11:59

sexualisation starts when the hormones dictate not other people and i used to tell my mum and still do about fit guys that i have seen she also appreciates the openess and the fact that even as a young teen I could talk to her about anything. Least people these days can be open and honest about their sexuality, gays feel more comfortable admitting so and age difference is not such a big thing as long as is not an underage person, guys can even go to pubs in dresses if they sooo choose there will always be some petty over normal people that will take a pick but hey even they are more accepted these days. [lol]

And thinking some one is fit doesnt mean they have a crush on them it mean they think that person is good looking big deal it does not mean they are growing up too fast it means they are appreciating beauty where they see it

Feel free to correct the grammar i didnt seem to grow up in that area[lol][lol]

percy toboggan
24-Jan-09, 16:38
sexualisation starts when the hormones dictate not other people and i used to tell my mum and still do about fit guys that i have seen she also appreciates the openess and the fact that even as a young teen I could talk to her about anything. Least people these days can be open and honest about their sexuality, gays feel more comfortable admitting so and age difference is not such a big thing as long as is not an underage person, guys can even go to pubs in dresses if they sooo choose there will always be some petty over normal people that will take a pick but hey even they are more accepted these days. [lol]

And thinking some one is fit doesnt mean they have a crush on them it mean they think that person is good looking big deal it does not mean they are growing up too fast it means they are appreciating beauty where they see it

Feel free to correct the grammar i didnt seem to grow up in that area[lol][lol]

On the contrary you appear to have progressed in leaps and bounds since our last spat about text-speak. You now exhibit all the qualities of an educated, fesity young person. Trimming the odd sentence and using a relevant capital letter here and there and you'll be the finished article.

Which means I can take you seriously and the things you say.

It's the terminology you see. Fit? Fit for what? Fit for purpose?
What's the purpose entirely? Perhaps as an 'over normal' person - which I really am not I see things in a different way. Pregnant girls - a profusion of them...teenage mothers with no visible means of support. A huge rise in STD's (not phone calls) Urinary tract infections and all manner of bad stuff (see I can be quite hip- sore point - but what I mean is can use the modern vernacular)
Still we must all give way to the hormones then with no overarching morality? Fine. If that's your world you're welcome to it...frankly I'm glad I'm out of it.

As for Angela I'd not dream of 'picking up' anything in your defence...certainly not a Granny. I have one already.

Gizmo - I'm not laughing.

Amy-Winehouse
24-Jan-09, 16:49
Alice, You should be very proud girl, thats one smart cookie of a daughter that you have- I hope you have rewarded her well for her supreme efforts?

That is quite awesome school report card!!! Did they have enough paper to print out the results? I hope one day , one of my kids does as well.

balto
24-Jan-09, 17:04
my god i would be going to have a look to see if he was as good looking as your daughter said, by the way has she changed subjects to include this subject by any chance.

percy toboggan
24-Jan-09, 17:08

You think you can, and that's all that matters.
She's obviously a bright girl and I've heard we need all the Biomedical Scientists we can get.
Good luck to her.

loobyloo
24-Jan-09, 18:00
I wish I'd had that kind of relationship with my mother. Times have moved on: the days of seen and not heard are thankfully behind us.

wee sparkle
25-Jan-09, 01:16
Awww shucks, thank you very much for all your compliments.

:D

wee sparkle
25-Jan-09, 01:33
my god i would be going to have a look to see if he was as good looking as your daughter said, by the way has she changed subjects to include this subject by any chance.

I must admit, it was very tempting, but since i havnt taken any technical subjects for atleast 3 years, i thought it may look suspicious :p :lol:

KitKat
25-Jan-09, 15:08
I guess for the female staff and pupils it will take their minds of the dire state of the building!!!

Twilight
25-Jan-09, 18:04
Well i am in ur daughters year at school nd i highly agree with her comment about the tech teacher he iz 1 hot teacher nd i think percy shuld just calm it down just a little bit because we r all stressed about exams and i think it wuld cheer us all up jst a little bit if theres a hot teacher till stare at for a while then the revision wuld crack on because we wuld b all happy nd cheery :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jan-09, 18:07
:D Hello and welcome Twilight. What are you doing posting on the org you should have your books open for studies...............:lol: ;)

percy toboggan
25-Jan-09, 18:15
Well i am in ur daughters year at school nd i highly agree with her comment about the tech teacher he iz 1 hot teacher nd i think percy shuld just calm it down just a little bit because we r all stressed about exams and i think it wuld cheer us all up jst a little bit if theres a hot teacher till stare at for a while then the revision wuld crack on because we wuld b all happy nd cheery :lol:

Percy T O'Boggan is calm and collected thank you very much.
Despite an afternoon playing tennis with a telly!

Good luck with your exams...your mixture of text speak and dialect is a challenge but I'll make allowances - you must be stressed oot.

Remember to revert til common Ainglish for yer tests Twilight (named after the film? - which Mrs.T enjoyed recently) and good luck. I wish you very well.

young_fishin_neep
25-Jan-09, 18:32

I can't believe how something like this can be taken this out of proportion. So if it was a random walking down the street and she had turnd to her mum and said 'oofftt hes a bit of all right' then are you saying that this wouldn't have been such a problem to you? At the end of the day its nice to have something to look at once in a while, theres no harm in enjoying the veiw!

I went to Thurso and its known that most girls in the school think the PE teachers are all 'a bit of alright', but it doesnt mean to say we all had crushes on them or there was anything wrong with it.

so times change and people have to deal with the changes.

And could it be possible that alice in blunderland is single/divorced/seperated/widowed and looking?

Even if she was married looking is not a sin

xx

wee sparkle
25-Jan-09, 18:40
As Twilight says, he is nice to look at, and makes the long boring days of revision go in that little bit faster :p :lol:

young_fishin_neep
25-Jan-09, 18:45
i know were you are coming from sparkle ! every little helps and all that

xx

M.Funkenstein
25-Jan-09, 18:59
Percy T O'Boggan is calm and collected thank you very much.

Now there's a contradiction folks.

I'm also going to choose to ignore your wee jab at my friend about "Txt" and dialect speak, as you were plainly just being rude.

Miss Mack
25-Jan-09, 19:25
I'm far from your old boy.
Such a term is both demeaning and patronising in this enlightened new age.
Don't use it again please.
The fact that your rattling everybody's
cage has nothing to do with your age! If you ask me its your old fashioned opinions!

padfoot
25-Jan-09, 19:30

hey luv the name luv the film haha my god you must be in percys good books to be let off with txt speech i wasnt but then i couldnt care less if he takes me seriously or not lol must find out who iss teacher is and have a look i know what you mean tho school went alot beter when there is someone good looking to look at gives you something good about school to look forward to ;):Razz

gleeber
25-Jan-09, 19:34
At last, an ism that affects Percy.
That being said i agree with everything he said but Alice that says an awful lot more about Percy and me than it says about your talented daughter.
What I would have given for a relationship like that with a parent or for that matter any grown up.

crayola
25-Jan-09, 20:12
Forget about the moralising, can someone send me a photo of this hunk? ;)

Tugmistress
25-Jan-09, 20:26
Forget about the moralising, can someone send me a photo of this hunk? ;)

yeah i quite agree, can i have a pic too please?

padfoot
25-Jan-09, 21:33
oh yes me too plz!!!

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jan-09, 22:03
oh yes me too plz!!!

Ok Ok since you all have asked me sooooo nicely Ill go to parents night armed with a camera. ;)

wee sparkle
25-Jan-09, 23:52
Ok Ok since you all have asked me sooooo nicely Ill go to parents night armed with a camera. ;)

By all means go.......

Just dont admit you're my mum :p, he may never walk past me again! :lol:

Hehehehehe

Twilight
26-Jan-09, 02:21
thanks every1 for stickin up for my txt speech dn by the wae percy that was rather nasty wat u said about the wae i type i am so sorry tht u can't understand all this txt talk jst take ur time nd read it as many times as u want we don't mind hw long it takes u to reply aslong as u do or don't yea alice in blunderland please don't let them find out ur wee sparkle's mum because he may nvr walk past me every again either i dunno if i culd coop then lol:lol: oh sorry i maybe shuldn't have put that bit in cause i may get shouted at by percy woops :Razz

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 17:47
I can't believe how something like this can be taken this out of proportion.....

Your incredulity is probably matched by your insistence...'people have to deal with the changes'

No we don't...we can rail against them if we want to. Thin end of the wedge and all that.

Get used to it because I 'rail against' lots of things....it lights up my late afternoon.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 17:59
I wish I'd had that kind of relationship with my mother. Times have moved on: the days of seen and not heard are thankfully behind us.

I had a good relationship with my Mother and Father and after thirty years still miss them ...they simply would not have appreciated me advising them who I rated in a sexual context during my school days.

Matters above the belt took precedence. Hopes, fears etc...but how much we missed...."I'd love to get Doris behind the bike sheds Dad" or " Eeh our Mam.... y'know the German teachers a bit Vorsprung Tecknik...I'm almost overwhelemed by her good looks and heat she emits.

"Shut up our Percy and eat your tea before it goes cold " might have been a typical response.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:04
As Twilight says, he is nice to look at, and makes the long boring days of revision go in that little bit faster :p :lol:

If you find revision 'boring' maybe you have chosen the wrong subjects to study.

I find 'boring' and the whole concept of boredom unnaceptable in a world full of books, information and visual imagery.....I've not been 'bored' since
my mother subjected me to light deprivation in the 'coal hole' c. 1960. It was fully deserved and I soon rallied...focussing on City's forward line of the times.
Colebridge - Hannah-McAdams-Hayes-Wagstaffe

Sorry.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:06
Now there's a contradiction folks.

I'm also going to choose to ignore your wee jab at my friend about "Txt" and dialect speak, as you were plainly just being rude.

Rude? Me. No, certainly not.
Combative yes.

Also the best results in 'scraps' come when yer 'calm and collected 'beforehand.

Blind rage is bobbins...at least it did me little good the last time I had a proper fight.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:09
The fact that your rattling everybody's
cage has nothing to do with your age! If you ask me its your old fashioned opinions!

'Old fashioned' or not it's the only one I've got.
And it's every bit as relevant as yours Miss.

Great trucks by the way.

and remember...fahsions are transient...they come and go - beware the backlash of a puritanical lurch. I've been waiting a long time....the earth is shifting.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:10
hey luv the name luv the film haha my god you must be in percys good books to be let off with txt speech i wasnt but then i couldnt care less if he takes me seriously or not

Obviously.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:16
thanks every1 for stickin up for my txt speech dn by the wae percy that was rather nasty wat u said about the wae i type i am so sorry tht u can't understand all this txt talk jst take ur time nd read it as many times as u want we don't mind hw long it takes u to reply aslong as u do or don't yea alice in blunderland please don't let them find out ur wee sparkle's mum because he may nvr walk past me every again either i dunno if i culd coop then lol:lol: oh sorry i maybe shuldn't have put that bit in cause i may get shouted at by percy woops :Razz

You'v every right to be 'sorry' ...a someone with a modicum of intellect I can well understand the terminology you use.
What I find harder to grasp is the laziness behind anyone of intelligence which permits them to represent themselves with such doggerillic shorthand.
If you are challenged and think in such shorthand and do not have the capacity to express yourself any other way then fine...allowances should be made. Otherwise there's really no excuse.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:21
At last, an ism that affects Percy.
That being said i agree with everything he said but Alice that says an awful lot more about Percy and me than it says about your talented daughter.
What I would have given for a relationship like that with a parent or for that matter any grown up.

You were doing so well Gleeber.;)
What did we miss eh.....
I'd love to have known who my Mother & Father would like to have bonked.
The restrictions of the age eh? Do you think there's anyone we can sue?

Twilight
26-Jan-09, 18:26
Percy that was really uncalled for seeing your quite abit aloder than me (thats not me having a go at your age either) i think its sad that your being that nasty to me about the wae i type i don't think theres anything wrong with the way i type and neither do my friends and lay of wee sparkle about how she should of taken different subjects revising any subject is boring weather you like it or not

wee sparkle
26-Jan-09, 18:39
If you find revision 'boring' maybe you have chosen the wrong subjects to study.

I find 'boring' and the whole concept of boredom unnaceptable in a world full of books, information and visual imagery.....I've not been 'bored' since
my mother subjected me to light deprivation in the 'coal hole' c. 1960. It was fully deserved and I soon rallied...focussing on City's forward line of the times.
Colebridge - Hannah-McAdams-Hayes-Wagstaffe

Sorry.

You must be amongst the minority who like to study, it is not at all that i do not enjoy the subjects, but more the relentless going over each and every fact so that i know it inside out. I will not lie and say i enjoy it, what i do enjoy is learning about the subject, biology in particular. The down side is the stress for exams and the worry over whether you will do well or not, and that also adds to the picture which makes revision long and tiresome. Nonetheless, whether i find it boring or not, i havn't done too bad in my exams so far, so you need not worry. :D

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:43
Percy that was really uncalled for seeing your quite abit aloder than me (thats not me having a go at your age either) i think its sad that your being that nasty to me about the wae i type i don't think theres anything wrong with the way i type and neither do my friends and lay of wee sparkle about how she should of taken different subjects revising any subject is boring weather you like it or not

Whether I like it or not is irrelevant.
By all means 'have a go at my age' ...I cannot help it.... but I'd not wish to be any other age. 1951 was perhaps the best year to be born in the last millennia. I feel lucky.

I admire your defence of your friends.
Sometimes though, we all need to listen to criticism. Especially if it is constructive criticism. You know as well as I do that 'way' is not spelt 'wae' What the heck is the point of mis-spelling a simple word like way when it's no more economical to get it right?

If you think it does not matter then carry on...why would you respond to an old fuddy-duddy anyway?

As I said I wish you well....you're a relative newcomer here but be assured I do not single out young people like yourself to 'have-a-go' at.....if summat needs saying I say it.

Howsoever you respond will not offend me...it's an alien concept hereabouts.

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-09, 18:48
I think we all just need to take a nice deep breath and cool down..........

in and out........in and out....woo light headed! [lol]

wee sparkle
26-Jan-09, 18:50
i think that is an excellent idea Shelley :D

Otherwise this may go on for a while...... :confused

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:50
You must be amongst the minority who like to study, it is not at all that i do not enjoy the subjects, but more the relentless going over each and every fact so that i know it inside out. I will not lie and say i enjoy it, what i do enjoy is learning about the subject, biology in particular. The down side is the stress for exams and the worry over whether you will do well or not, and that also adds to the picture which makes revision long and tiresome. Nonetheless, whether i find it boring or not, i havn't done too bad in my exams so far, so you need not worry. :D

Why would I worry?
You probably have the capacity or opportunity to develop your mind far beyond the boundaries of my own.
I can only 'study' subjects I find interesting. Maybe this is a shortcoming.
I appreciate the smiley symbol...no-one is getting hot under the collar here.

Don't worry too much about your exams...worry is often a negative emotion after all.
Life's a long song and if you don't come out on the right side now there will be other opportunities for you. I know beggar all really but I do know how to communicate....and I have my own ideas about growing up too soon...which is where I came in.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 18:53
I think we all just need to take a nice deep breath and cool down..........

in and out........in and out....woo light headed! [lol]

This is mild. Relax.
Please do not overstate the importance of a candid and frank exchange of views.

ShelleyCowie
26-Jan-09, 18:58
This is mild. Relax.
Please do not overstate the importance of a candid and frank exchange of views.

I know am just jesting! ;)

If it was over the top then there would be name calling...etc etc...so just thought everybody could still do with taking a nice deep breath! :Razz

wee sparkle
26-Jan-09, 18:59
Yes, indeed exams are stressful, and i'm sure i'l find ways of coping, have done in the past. :D

I would consider this a fairly heated debate, so i think i will just leave it here.

=)

Opinions have been stated and constructive critisism given.

And all is well..... :)

M.Funkenstein
26-Jan-09, 19:22
Rude? Me. No, certainly not.
Combative yes.

Also the best results in 'scraps' come when yer 'calm and collected 'beforehand.

Blind rage is bobbins...at least it did me little good the last time I had a proper fight.

Rude? Have you not READ what you've been posting?
And besides, being combative is hardly a trait one should be proud of. But then again, you're quite right really, picking fights because of the way someone types? Hmmm, yes very mature, especially coming from someone of you age.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 19:40
Rude? Have you not READ what you've been posting?
And besides, being combative is hardly a trait one should be proud of. But then again, you're quite right really, picking fights because of the way someone types? Hmmm, yes very mature, especially coming from someone of you age.

Type with toes...type with yer nose..
all the same to me but try to get the words & letters in the right order if you want to be taken seriously Mr.Funkenstein, let's be frank about it.

If you're Scottish then you're nationality has a reputation - amongst others - for being 'combative' or do you eschew that quality entirely?

Rudeness is relative and you should meet some of mine if you reckon I'm rude. Sister Sledge for instance is extremely rude.

All that said the thread has run its course for me...I hope we can meet again and re-muster under another banner of our mutual choosing.
Respect to all...especially Alice in Blunderland , who must be wondering what she started !

M.Funkenstein
26-Jan-09, 20:04
Type with toes...type with yer nose..
all the same to me but try to get the words & letters in the right order if you want to be taken seriously Mr.Funkenstein, let's be frank about it.

If you're Scottish then you're nationality has a reputation - amongst others - for being 'combative' or do you eschew that quality entirely?

Rudeness is relative and you should meet some of mine if you reckon I'm rude. Sister Sledge for instance is extremely rude.

All that said the thread has run its course for me...I hope we can meet again and re-muster under another banner of our mutual choosing.
Respect to all...especially Alice in Blunderland , who must be wondering what she started !

Yes let's have a go at my sentencing structure and the Scots "reputation" in order to make ourselves seem the better man.

Quite frankly, your friends can be as rude as they like. I'm sure they feel just as warm and fuzzy inside when they pick fights with folk -over the safety of the internet might I add- almost a quarter their age.

And yes, I certainly hope we do "Mr.Toboggan"

Oh, and Sister Sledge? Very droll.

percy toboggan
26-Jan-09, 20:13
[quote=M.Funkenstein;490869].....when they pick fights with folk -over the safety of the internet might I add...

the internet 'safe'?:eek: Hold the front page!

Oh, and Sister Sledge? Very droll.

Thanks...now I really must be off.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jan-09, 23:20
And could it be possible that alice in blunderland is single/divorced/seperated/widowed and looking?

Even if she was married looking is not a sin

xx

Happily married ;)

I do believe that after school Tech classes are about to become very popular according to Weesparkles younger sister who is thanking her lucky stars...........................she takes this subject. :lol:

I am only glad that at least we can have a laugh about it. [lol]

Not long until parents night now.

AfternoonDelight
27-Jan-09, 15:18
I went to Thurso and its known that most girls in the school think the PE teachers are all 'a bit of alright', but it doesnt mean to say we all had crushes on them or there was anything wrong with it.

I must be very lucky indeed then!!! [lol]

girnigoe
27-Jan-09, 17:20
Well folks what do you think of this one.........................

Trust me mum you would appreciate ten minutes just looking at this guy hes gorgeous......... and you will thank me for it

Pms to Alice for the teachers name as poor bloke wont want to be seeing it on the org now will he.

I had the priviledge of meeting this young man at an earlier parents evening :grin:

I too had been forewarned by my daughter......... and I really had to concentrate hard to hear how she was getting on in class .....[lol]

Just think along the lines of Anthony from Big Brother a few years ago..... ;)

Alice in Blunderland
27-Jan-09, 17:29
Parent night appointments are in and Im not getting to go and see the Tech teacher............................... :(

Oh well Ill have to sneak a looky from a distance :lol:

wee sparkle
27-Jan-09, 22:26
Haha, poor Alice!

But what she hasn't told you, is that my younger sister gets the teacher for technical, a subject she actually took this year. So my parents evening may not be exciting, but my sisters could be! :lol: :p

Venture
30-Jan-09, 17:06
Haha, poor Alice!

But what she hasn't told you, is that my younger sister gets the teacher for technical, a subject she actually took this year. So my parents evening may not be exciting, but my sisters could be! :lol: :p

Well wee sparkle she might not have to wait that long. Just tell her "he's on the list" for tonight. She'll know what you mean.;)

Alice in Blunderland
30-Jan-09, 17:22
OOOOOhhhh GGGGGGoooodddy :cool:

Im off to get ma lippy on :eek:

wee sparkle
30-Jan-09, 18:18
Venture.... i think you just made her night :p :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
31-Jan-09, 01:04
Venture.... i think you just made her night

Ah now wee sparkle I have to say I have just had a very pleasant evening.

To all you fellow orgers who sent pms and have expressed an interest ( you are all sad just like me )...........the Tech teacher is as charming as described and yes I would have enjoyed meeting him on parents night had my daughter taken the subject. :p

Venture I hope the whitenuckle ride home wasnt too scary.......:lol:

Miss Mack
02-Feb-09, 12:57
'Old fashioned' or not it's the only one I've got.
And it's every bit as relevant as yours Miss.

Great trucks by the way.

and remember...fahsions are transient...they come and go - beware the backlash of a puritanical lurch. I've been waiting a long time....the earth is shifting.Well Percy, you certainly keep us entertained;)