PDA

View Full Version : Littering!

JNMWick
23-Jan-09, 14:26
Whilst out for an evening stroll last night i walked past a sweetie shop which I won't name and saw 2 kids who had just dropped a crisp bag.
Should I report them to the police, it is disgracefull after all?

devil's sidekick
23-Jan-09, 14:58
I don't think you should phone the police mate they wouldn't do anything.

balto
23-Jan-09, 15:17
as for littering absolutly no excuse for it, it is disgusting, and dirty, i do not alow my kids to even drop as much as a small sweetie wrapper, they would get a clip round the ear if they tried it, they arent strict enough up here on folk that do drop litter, high time they used on the spot fnes for it.

at my girls school they have litter busters and they give them house points if they pick up any litter, it sure encourages them to do it.

Reev
23-Jan-09, 19:36
They killed the thread, ha, didnt take long

EPIC!

:lol:

23-Jan-09, 19:40
Thread pruned to delete nonsense posting

Reev
23-Jan-09, 19:42

Says it all, you are ALL at fault, EPIC FAIL

You shouldnt have spurned them on guys ;)

percy toboggan
23-Jan-09, 19:47
Why not just tell 'em to 'pick it up'
If they refuse try handing it to them.
If they do not take it then put it in the bin yourself and fume whilst muttering how the world has gone to pot.

I hate litter, and detest though who litter so casually and uncaringly. That said, to consider ' to think of 'calling the Police' is plainly ridiculous. Unless it was a salt and vinegar packet...people who like those should be locked up.

Or are you joking...? you know...I think you must be.

ShelleyCowie
23-Jan-09, 19:50
i detest litter! [evil] It really gets to me when i see someone drop litter right next to a bin!! I hate seeing people spitting out chewing gum aswell! Its usually me thats the unlucky person to push my pram over it or walk on it!

Another thing........dog mess! Take a baggie! The dogs poo is the owners responsibility! Not mines to scrape it off a shoe or wheel!!! [disgust]

Gizmo
23-Jan-09, 20:13

You have missed the point, the original post was done to provoke a reaction and stir things up, it is not a genuine post, it shouldn't have been pruned, it should have been deleted altogether.

helenwyler
23-Jan-09, 20:57
You have missed the point, the original post was done to provoke a reaction and stir things up, it is not a genuine post, it shouldn't have been pruned, it should have been deleted altogether.

You're probably right, Gizmo.

But on other forums I use, this OP would have been treated as an ironic stimulus for serious and not-so-serious debate and banter.

This once award-winning site is running on one cylinder at the moment, and, in its present weak state, is obvious prey to scavengers and trolls.

Recently it has become so parochial that it must be difficult for outsiders to understand its past prestige. Please don't think I'm knocking it for it's local information and opinion - it's probably still unique for that, and well done!:).

The mods have rightly pruned posts from the Litter thread, but, in the past, have also pruned or needlessly offended too many of the posters who made this site once vibrant and compulsive viewing. (Don't mean today's suspensions.)

Again, not referring to today's modding, but I think the mods have killed this site, for the time being :(. I'm not religious, but am hoping for its resurrection :confused. x

Amy-Winehouse
23-Jan-09, 23:26

But on other forums I use, this OP would have been treated as an ironic stimulus for serious and not-so-serious debate and banter.

This once award-winning site is running on one cylinder at the moment, and, in its present weak state, is obvious prey to scavengers and trolls.

Recently it has become so parochial that it must be difficult for outsiders to understand its past prestige. Please don't think I'm knocking it for it's local information and opinion - it's probably still unique for that, and well done!:).

The mods have rightly pruned posts from the Litter thread, but, in the past, have also pruned or needlessly offended too many of the posters who made this site once vibrant and compulsive viewing. (Don't mean today's suspensions.)

Again, not referring to today's modding, but I think the mods have killed this site, for the time being :(. I'm not religious, but am hoping for its resurrection :confused. x

Very good & sensible post Helen, the Mods dont really care though, they just cana be bothered with the grief - although some folk get offended about such trivial things nowadays , which doesnt help.

Fran
24-Jan-09, 02:27
I personally dont think posts should be removed. after all, it is a forum for members to express their views and opinions, and if no names are mentioned i dont see whats wrong with that.

Gizmo
24-Jan-09, 03:10
I personally dont think posts should be removed. after all, it is a forum for members to express their views and opinions, and if no names are mentioned i dont see whats wrong with that.

I can only assume that you never saw any of the posts Fran?, i'm no fan of the sometimes heavy handed and selective moderation that goes on here, but a couple of clowns(now suspended) were being abusive and deliberately trying to cause trouble, and the original post concerning litter at the top of this page is not a serious post, it's a wind-up.

hotrod4
24-Jan-09, 09:25

Again, not referring to today's modding, but I think the mods have killed this site, for the time being . I'm not religious, but am hoping for its resurrection :confused. x

One of the best and truest posts I have seen on here for a long time.
there is no consistency in moderation.There was blatant advertising for a few days that was allowed to pass and was eventually moved. A number of orgers complained but because it was a "friend of a friend" it was allowed to pass.
I am an admin of my own Caithness site but would NEVER allow this to happen as it is unfair to ALL of the members.
i would post the link to my site but that would be blatant advertising wouldnt it!!!!;)

crayola
24-Jan-09, 16:04
I thought the chef4celebrations threads went on too long and they became more than a tad tedious.

This happened before with someone setting up a new business. Someone came on to explain they weren't deleted because the Org is all in favour of new businesses in the county. I can't remember what the business was, sorry.

Fran
24-Jan-09, 17:45
I do agree with you Crayola, I dont think services should be allowed to advertise for free.

Reev
24-Jan-09, 22:40

Touche! ;)

changilass
24-Jan-09, 22:44

Are you saying that you personally think folks should be allowed to insult each other, spoil others threads and things should be left as they are??

Did you actually see the posts afore they were moved???

hotrod4
25-Jan-09, 09:24
It was getting a tad out of hand to be honest.I think what people mean is there is no consistency.Some threads are allowed to run and run wheras others are pulled very quickly.It seems to be if you are friendly with some then it is allowed to stay but if you arent part of the select few then its removed.

Kenneth
25-Jan-09, 19:26
hi guys im back, did u miss me??:D

dragonfly
25-Jan-09, 19:34
how did you manage to get your suspension lifted so quick Kenneth??

Amy-Winehouse
25-Jan-09, 19:50

Erm Nope, Who are you then, one of the peeps that were sin binned? Just a rough guess!;)

hotrod4
25-Jan-09, 21:45
Thats the quickest suspension ever!!! Wonder if all the other suspendees are happy about that!!!![lol]

changilass
25-Jan-09, 21:51
What does it have to do with them or even you for that matter??/

Do you know the full ins and outs ans to what happened and to whom???

ShelleyCowie
25-Jan-09, 22:00

Thot u was suspended?! :confused

butterfly
25-Jan-09, 22:17
how are you back then?spill the beans...are you really kenneth?........:roll:

Kenneth
26-Jan-09, 10:06
i guess the moderator has a soft spot for me! what can i say, i am devilishly handsome

Reev
26-Jan-09, 10:07
i guess the moderator has a soft spot for me! what can i say, i am devilishly handsome

Yes i can second such a statement to be true

hotrod4
26-Jan-09, 17:22
What does it have to do with them or even you for that matter??/

Do you know the full ins and outs ans to what happened and to whom???
My point was purely the fact that a few have been suspended but never re-instated that quick.In fact most of them havent come back and that was for relatively minor infractions. Nothing at all against Kenneth or anyone else for that matter,live and let live.
I am sure the mods board will have all the info!!;)

butterfly
26-Jan-09, 23:26

well i hope you are better behaved this time and not easily led

Fran
27-Jan-09, 03:57
Are you saying that you personally think folks should be allowed to insult each other, spoil others threads and things should be left as they are??

Did you actually see the posts afore they were moved???

No im sorry i obviously must have missed the original posts, gets a bit muddled if mods remove them. I certainly dont think people should insult each other etc, but they dont seem to be told off for it. My post "found" was removed but i have seen worse on here.

Kenneth
27-Jan-09, 10:16
does any of this have anything to do with littering??

discuss

Reev
27-Jan-09, 10:53

discuss

Exactly Kendog!

I put all my littler in the bin, and if no bins are available i will keep it on me until no-one is around and i can drop it in peace and not get in trouble for it! JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE :D

Js playing, There really is no reason for it, plenty of bins about the place, its just sheer laziness [disgust]

Venture
27-Jan-09, 10:56
The original post on here was definitely a dig at another orger who posted about things she had seen and had thought about reporting where need be. The thread should have been removed entirely. I'm not opposed to a bit of humour on here but some of the posts removed were just "rubbish". It was obviously a load of bored idiots passing a Friday afternoon.

Helen is right with her comments. To be honest I have lost interest in the org of late due to the lack of decent debate. There have been some good threads which have been removed by the mods. Sometimes I can't work out why. As to advertising new businesses well I'm not against that in moderation. I for one often find out more on the org about these things, than I do in the local paper. It is a community website after all.

The membership on here of late has grown and there are a few of the regular orgers who like to have a bite or a dig at the witty new ones when they get a bit too bold. I've been tempted myself to reply but think it's better for the newbies to find out the hard way just what the boundaries are on the org.

The majority of those on here are adults, although sometimes we can all be guilty of doing childish things. This is a great website and I for one would be lost without it. Let's try and get it back to what it used to be.;)

Reev
27-Jan-09, 11:03
It was obviously a load of bored idiots passing a Friday afternoon

Idiots, i resent that statement! our opinions and statments are just as valid as yours, You cant throw the age card at us [disgust]

butterfly
27-Jan-09, 15:02
My post "found" was removed but i have seen worse on here.[/quote]
mod hasnt got a soft spot for you then?!!![lol]

butterfly
27-Jan-09, 15:24
Idiots, i resent that statement! our opinions and statments are just as valid as yours, You cant throw the age card at us [disgust]
how did you think venture was talking about you?some might say if the cap fits..........................[lol][lol]

Kenneth
27-Jan-09, 15:27
I'll have you know I am in my late 40s

butterfly
27-Jan-09, 15:30

discuss
did it have anything to do with litter in the first place....no..just a wind up wasnt it?

Reev
27-Jan-09, 15:31
how did you think venture was talking about you?some might say if the cap fits..........................[lol][lol]

Im speaking for the boys, i was a good boy, but like i said before, even if people didnt like the "wind ups" which were fueled by the people who hated it themselves what was said was just as fair as anything they had to say!

Not ranting, not hating, im spreading the love, HUGS ALL AROUND!!!

butterfly
27-Jan-09, 15:36
I'll have you know I am in my late 40s
that makes no difference ,you can be a at any age....[lol][lol]

Kenneth
27-Jan-09, 15:36
did it have anything to do with litter in the first place....no..just a wind up wasnt it?

this was a joke i was making by trolling a trolled subject (i beleive i have got my jargon correct)

Kenneth
27-Jan-09, 15:38
digusting language, you should be suspended

nah im not in my late forties, only joking, late teens! aaahhhhh, the fountain of youth! tasty

butterfly
27-Jan-09, 15:45
nah im not in my late forties, only joking, late teens! aaahhhhh, the fountain of youth! tasty[/quote]
i knew that by your antics and so did a few other people.But wont hold it against you(i know you canna help it)....[lol]

Kenneth
27-Jan-09, 15:57
teehee what can i say, mischeivous kiddie antics, its all my hormones bottled up, i need to release them somehow!

god that sounds so wrong

Reev
27-Jan-09, 17:08
teehee what can i say, mischeivous kiddie antics, its all my hormones bottled up, i need to release them somehow!

god that sounds so wrong

Um...........yeah just a bit, grab yourself some tissues and be back in 5...maybe 10 minutes mate

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

hotrod4
27-Jan-09, 17:40
Not ranting, not hating, im spreading the love, HUGS ALL AROUND!!!

Good rap there Homie, wanna guest slot on my next tune?:lol:

Reev
27-Jan-09, 17:45
Good rap there Homie, wanna guest slot on my next tune?:lol:

Im Gangsta, i could be he hip hop homie ya'll

butterfly
27-Jan-09, 22:00

god that sounds so wrong
well...maybe you should stay of the smarties.....(choccy ones)!!![lol]