PDA

View Full Version : Late Delivery?

bekisman
22-Jan-09, 16:00
Just had the postman deliver a Christmas Card (postmarked 18th December).. from Australia? nope: Truro in Cornwall 804 miles in 36 days? that's 22 miles a day.. thing was, the envelope was correctly addressed in clear writing, with Post code and all..

Wonder where it's been?

mrs and mr brown
22-Jan-09, 16:12
i know how you feel, i recieved a bt phone bill on the 15 jan which was dated the 15 of dec, as you only get about 2 weeks to pay the bill i was late, grrr! the good old royal mail. lol

young_fishin_neep
22-Jan-09, 16:12
my mum posted me soemthing down to bridlington on the 15th december, guess what, it still aint arrivied and im back in thurso now, wish i had just waited till i got back.

xx

sandyr
22-Jan-09, 16:42
I have mentioned this on another post....I know it's no consolation, but you are all so lucky with your mail.....what is described on your posts is normal here///////We get delivery maybe 4 days a week......and Saturdays????? Wow/ and timely NO. I would think on reading some of the corres about the UK Postal System, it will likely go the same way we did. Post Offices shut and being run out of convenience stores, and they are few and far between....Sorry Guys but this is progress!!
FYI. During a Major Strike ( approx 6 months), some years ago the Courier Companies did an amazing business. So when the PO went back to work they had little business. There was one Courier Company which had most of the business, so what did the PO do????
Yes they bought it for an inordinate amount of money and now we are back to the same thing. Good business practices eh!!

AfternoonDelight
22-Jan-09, 18:03
I've not really experienced letters being late by days but I do experience my mail not being delivered until 3.30pm somedays.... [disgust]

I look out the window and see the postie sauntering up the street like he has all the time in the world. I thought they were being made to walk faster? [evil]

Bad Manners
22-Jan-09, 18:34
I can live with post bing delivered late in the day or even several days late our trouble is not once ,twice but into the multiple time they have lost packages that we know are correctly addressed have the correct postage but seem to disappear down a black hole on investigation we have found two packages delivered to some one of the same surname but a totally different address a couple of miles away on retreiving the packages the label was in large print clear and had our address in full inc postcode how does it happen? it's a mystery however the bills ALWAYS seem to come to the right address.

bekisman
22-Jan-09, 18:54
maybe I was lucky?

"14.6m letters, packets and parcels in Royal Mail's care were lost, stolen or damaged."

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=406889&in_page_id=2

And a bit more upto date:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-462497/Royal-Mail-flogs-75-000-lost-post-items.html

Kodiak
22-Jan-09, 19:30
maybe I was lucky?

"14.6m letters, packets and parcels in Royal Mail's care were lost, stolen or damaged."

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=406889&in_page_id=2

A Bit out of date this is seeing that this problem happened in the the Year 2004/2005. So not really relevant.

The Posties here in Caithness do a Fantastic job as do the Majority of Posties. 98% of First class mail that is posted is delivered the Next Day and that is really good service.

i know how you feel, i recieved a bt phone bill on the 15 jan which was dated the 15 of dec, as you only get about 2 weeks to pay the bill i was late, grrr! the good old royal mail. lol

As to your Phone Bill arriving late do not blame the Royal Mail. BT use another Postal service provider and they pass the letter on to Royal Mail as they do not deliver in Caithness. What happens is that they keep the mail until they have sufficent to make it worth while to pass on to Royal Mail and this then can delay their mail by quite a bit, sometimes weeks. Royal Mail are forced to deliver this mail by OfCom and they do so as soon as possible after they receive it. If it late they always get the blame as thay are the ones seen to be delivering it, but in reality it is not their fault as they have only just received it.

So if you receive a letter that has TNT, or UK Mail or any other Postal Service Provider on the envelope and it arrives late then do not blame the Royal Mail. Write to the original Mail service provider and complain to them as it is their responsibility and not Royal Mail.

Fluff
22-Jan-09, 19:34
At work we had sent a parcel to a customer on 11th Nov, they did not leave a note for her to say it is at the sorting office. By the time we found out what had happened to said parcel, they said it was being returned to store.
It arrived back last week. what's the point!

2little2late
23-Jan-09, 00:48
It's high time all mail/parcel deliveries were put up for tender. Close Royal Mail down!