PDA

View Full Version : Blinds

coastown
06-Feb-06, 16:26
:lol: WHO RECKONS VERTICAL BLINDS ARE ON THE WAY OUT. AND VENETIAN BLINDS ARE MAKING A COME BACK

ice box
07-Feb-06, 00:04
I think it just depends on what u like i like both myself .

Geo
07-Feb-06, 00:33
If it hadn't been for the person who invented Venetian Blinds it would be curtains for all of us. ;)

On a serious note, I think it depends on the house and decor and as such either will look well in the right place. However the vertical ones seem a bit officey to me now.

DrSzin
07-Feb-06, 00:55
It depends where you live. No-one has vertical blinds where I live -- roller blinds are the thing here. Everyone has vertical blinds where my parents now live (not in Caithness). Vertical blinds seem quite popular in Wick.

Is this perhaps the most boring and useless post ever? :o

Moira
07-Feb-06, 01:22
.........Vertical blinds seem quite popular in Wick.

Is this perhaps the most boring and useless post ever? :o

In all probability - yes! But now that you've done it, nothing else will ever seem quite so bad again. :p

And I can't quite believe that I replied to it - my excuse is I'm spaced out on Nurofen "Colds & Flu" tablets.

DrSzin
07-Feb-06, 01:34
In all probability - yes! But now that you've done it, nothing else will ever seem quite so bad again. :p

And I can't quite believe that I replied to it - my excuse is I'm spaced out on Nurofen "Colds & Flu" tablets.So I see. You're on the wrong thread. Drugs are being discussed elsewhere (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=6588)...

What kind of blinds do you have? I have rollers. I also have have a net curtain on the window half-way down the stairs. I hate it. But Mrs G insists. Sigh... The things I put up with in order to ensure a modicum of domestic peace would try the patience of a saint. I will burn it one day. I will, I really will...

I am on 666 posts now. Does that mean anything?

Moira
07-Feb-06, 02:08
So I see. You're on the wrong thread. Drugs are being discussed elsewhere (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=6588)...

What kind of blinds do you have? I have rollers. I also have have a net curtain on the window half-way down the stairs. I hate it. But Mrs G insists. Sigh... The things I put up with in order to ensure a modicum of domestic peace would try the patience of a saint. I will burn it one day. I will, I really will...

No wish to discuss the drugs thingie - mine are def legal - cost me a fortune out of Boots - only worrying thing is, this 'flu bug has put me clean off red wine.

I have allsorts of blinds - venetian & roller on the Velux windows & verticals on the bay window. Haven't seen or used nets for years.

Just noticed the 666 - hmm.. I would be very afraid - are you getting any strange feelings?? You've mentioned "saints, burning & 666" all in the one post - scary! :evil

Sporran
07-Feb-06, 06:41

It means you have an 'abundant number' of posts! :Razz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/666_%28number%29

PS
You also have an abundant amount of mail in your PM mailbox, and need to empty it, so you can receive some more! :p

Sporran
07-Feb-06, 17:12
Every room in our house has Venetian blinds, except for the kitchen, which has a roller blind. This is what our house already had, when we bought it just over a year ago. No naff net curtains chez nous! :lol: Funnily enough though, when we were in Venice two and a half years ago, there was not one Venetian blind in sight - only louvred shutters....

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 20:00
I notice all my neighbours have venitian blinds so i take it they must be the best for hiding behind teeting out[para]

If your buying blinds don't buy them locally though, I have a pal who priced them in a local shop and they gave her a quote for £350.....she got the measurments and priced them online ....£90[mad]

Roll on Homebase....YIPPEE!!!!

I don't bother with blinds beacuse I have a six feet bush..lets see the neighbours keep up now..lol:evil

unicorn
07-Feb-06, 20:04
I have beautiful handmade curtains with co-ordinating nets which I got for a brilliant price from a friend in Turkey who has a shop that makes them ;) If anyone fancies something a bit luxurious for their windows let me know!!

Alice in Blunderland
07-Feb-06, 20:09
I dont have any blinds but would like something for my sitting room as the two windows are on the street only problem the windows are 8 feet long.No problem with people looking in the rest of the windows as they are on the second and third floor they would have to be high ( on nurofen and cold and flu tablets)to peek in them so dont need blinds.(only need a brave window cleaner)

watman
07-Feb-06, 22:44
I notice all my neighbours have venitian blinds so i take it they must be the best for hiding behind teeting out[para]

If your buying blinds don't buy them locally though, I have a pal who priced them in a local shop and they gave her a quote for £350.....she got the measurments and priced them online ....£90[mad]

Roll on Homebase....YIPPEE!!!!

I don't bother with blinds beacuse I have a six feet bush..lets see the neighbours keep up now..lol:evil

Connie! I dont think we need to know such intimate details that you have a 6ft big bush lol! lol! think it could do with a trim lol!

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 22:51
Connie! I dont think we need to know such intimate details that you have a 6ft big bush lol! lol! think it could do with a trim lol!You brave enough to tackle it watman...I have a fine new hedgetrimmer just waiting to be used..lol:evil :eek:

ice box
07-Feb-06, 23:08
You brave enough to tackle it watman...I have a fine new hedgetrimmer just waiting to be used..lol:evil :eek:
6ft you say connie you could make some lovely shapes out of that .I know of someone that very good at gardening .

jay
08-Feb-06, 14:57
a policeman once told me that houses with ventiain blinds didn't get broken into as easily or as often as ones without - don't know how true that is -the theory behind it was that if a burglar tries to get in the window he's going to get cut to shreds on the blinds - certainly the older ones were sharp enough. Wouldn't work if the blinds were closed tho' cos you can just push them away