PDA

View Full Version : warehouse express..

plutonio
22-Jan-09, 08:52
i am planning buying a new lense and decided to have look on the Warehouse Express web page, i can't decide which lense i actually want/afford so i looked at the prices for the 16-35mm f2.8 L and the 17-40mm f4 L.
The prices quoted for each were £924 & £474 respectively, i closed down the computer and thought i would sleep on it(find a way to purchase without the wife finding out)
The next day at work i open the webpage up again, and low and behold the prices had changed to £1094 & £559 !! i thought i must have been mistaken the previous day?
Today i open up the web page and the prices have changed once again
£1149 & £609.

What is going on???
has anyone else noticed this daily increases with Warehouse Express?:confused

North Light
22-Jan-09, 10:07
Due to our currency being in "free fall" against the yen both Canon and Nikon have announced significant price rises this month (15 to 20%).
Try this site for the best price http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

The 17 to 40mm has a very good reputation.

Reviews
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/canon-17-40.shtml

Hope this helps

NL

plutonio
22-Jan-09, 11:02
thanks North Light, the links you provided has made up my mind and i shall be buying the 17-40mm.

Raven
22-Jan-09, 11:08
thanks North Light, the links you provided has made up my mind and i shall be buying the 17-40mm.

Good decision, I have this lens too and for that price its really good! I would buy it rather sooner than later.

Unfortunately you will see the prices going up by the minute at the moment...:eek:

plutonio
23-Jan-09, 08:32
this morning the price of the 17-40mm has gone up £10 to £619, Warehouse Express appear to increase their prices everyday?

Deemac
24-Jan-09, 20:17
A few weeks ago I was in the market for a Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS USM lens (then about £1200 worth of kit!!) and phoned Warehouse Express. My first attempt I telephoned and was put on a waiting queue, listening to some music. I gave up and tried again half an hour later - the phone rang a few times, was picked up by someone and put down straight away cutting me off!! This happened 2 more times!!

I eventually bought the lens from the London Camera Exchange. Great price, service and very happy with my new purchase.

Highly recommend avoiding Warehouse Express and using Camerapricebuster.co.uk and shopping around for prices and service. Also recommend a phone call as it can be very revealing about a companies business attitude and practices!! (also if an item is actually in stock as web info can be well off!!)

plutonio
26-Jan-09, 08:54
I agree i wont be using Warehouse Express again for any further purchases.
I got my 17-40mm lense elsewhere but i am a bit frustrated as the lense shall be delivered tomorrow and i would be home until Friday :(