PDA

View Full Version : Monarch of the Glen...

percy toboggan
21-Jan-09, 18:36
I know I'm turning into my Mum but I really like this prog.
Sentimental and soft....a bit contrived but great rural scenery.
ITV 3 are showing the whole lot apparently from the very first one. Tonight's episode is the third.
Bonny banks. bonny braes...bonny lasses and general good , unchallenging fun.

It's already cheering up my mid-week.
Just thought I'd share this with thee
before they arrive to take me away.:(:D

emszxr
21-Jan-09, 18:43
i love it too percy. have all series on dvd.
must look for it tonight on tv, cant watch it too many times.

have started watching hamish macbeath on alibi channel on a sat. didnt see it first time round, but i know that area a bit and the scenery is brill.

Angela
21-Jan-09, 18:51
I saw most episodes first time round -I think I felt a bit embarrassed that I liked them :lol: but they were lovely feel good stuff! :D

I'm enjoying watching them again on ITV3 now -hope they'll show them all. A very welcome little escape from all the doom and gloom constantly on the news. :)

Not at all embarrassed now to say I like Monarch of the Glen!

Venture
21-Jan-09, 19:16
Dont worry Percy you're not alone. I used to look forward to watching it on a Sunday evening when it was screened by BBC1. As you said Angela definitely feel good factor viewing. Archie so fitted the part. I even know of two new Mums at the time of the programme who named their children Archie because of their love of the character. Now that I know it's on ITV3 I might just "force" myself to watch it again. ;)

percy toboggan
21-Jan-09, 19:56
Dont worry Percy you're not alone. I used to look forward to watching it on a Sunday evening when it was screened by BBC1. As you said Angela definitely feel good factor viewing. Archie so fitted the part. I even know of two new Mums at the time of the programme who named their children Archie because of their love of the character. Now that I know it's on ITV3 I might just "force" myself to watch it again. ;)

I hope they went the whole hog and chose 'Archibald'.
It's so appropriate for lots of bairns and is a fine auld name.
Glad to have told you something of value Venture -(itv3)

golach
21-Jan-09, 20:28
Another of that ilk was Dr Findlay's Casebook, stunning scenery, gentle storylines, and wonderful acting.

percy toboggan
21-Jan-09, 20:49
Another of that ilk was Dr Findlay's Casebook, stunning scenery, gentle storylines, and wonderful acting.

My Mum's favourite Golach.
From the books by A J Cronin methinks.
Tannochbrae I recall..and the wonderful Janet brewing up all the time.
Smashing......and wonderfully British...in black and white.;)

Sunday nights with school the next morn...and a sinking feeling in my gut.
After all, I'd been almost forced to listen to 'Sing Something Simple' an hour or so before...
the tremors are coming back...I think I'm going to be si.....

scorrie
21-Jan-09, 22:27
Dont worry Percy you're not alone. I used to look forward to watching it on a Sunday evening when it was screened by BBC1. As you said Angela definitely feel good factor viewing.

Help Ma Boab Archie, the Estate's gone bust due to the Credit Crunch and I've just found the Laird wi a shotgun stuffed in his gob. His brains have fair splattered the Landseer painting so they have!! There's a Paedophile gang squattin' in the Bothy and I caught the Minister wi a Crack Pipe this moarnin'. Never mind, lets hev a wee dram and we'll wait for a cheery ending to work it's way in!!

Thanks for watching Prozac TV on Sky Ch 222.

percy toboggan
22-Jan-09, 16:41
All this extolling and last night's episode was pretty silly really.
Never mind eh?

AfternoonDelight
22-Jan-09, 16:44
Ahhh - I thought it was hilarious, although my oh looked distinctly unamused!! The drunk plumbers were brilliant and Justine's face when Archie spoke to a female - talk about sookin lemons! [lol]

percy toboggan
22-Jan-09, 19:22
It had a poignancy.
My nephew (26) drowned some fifteen years ago and as far as I know his bedroom at mum and dads remains the same - it was just a couple of years ago anyway.
(He'd moved away anyway and was an independent guy...a high flyer in fact))
I can understand the writers angle in keeping that room as well...not quite a shrine...more a memorial...after all they've got plenty of bedrooms at Glenbogle.

My nephew lived in a three bedroomed semi.

You're right AD...in hindsight some of it was quite funny. I needs to lighten up a bit.

neepnipper
22-Jan-09, 19:36
MOTG brings back memories for me, me and hubbie worked on the estate, hubbie did all the maintenance and I did housekeeping and we both worked for the production company while they were filming there.

We had a huge flat in the 'big house' overlooking Loch Laggan, beautiful place but freezing in the winter, got down to -18, and the midges in the summer were just horrendous, swarms of the blighters!

Here's hubbie outside the'big house'

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/neepnipper/img009.jpg

emszxr
22-Jan-09, 19:48
MOTG brings back memories for me, me and hubbie worked on the estate, hubbie did all the maintenance and I did housekeeping and we both worked for the production company while they were filming there.

We had a huge flat in the 'big house' overlooking Loch Laggan, beautiful place but freezing in the winter, got down to -18, and the midges in the summer were just horrendous, swarms of the blighters!

Here's hubbie outside the'big house'

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/neepnipper/img009.jpg

oh im jealous. you got to meet archie, paul, ewan and the lovely duncan?