PDA

View Full Version : Free Dental treatment by students

bekisman
21-Jan-09, 13:01
Not sure if this has been on the 'Org (been away two months) but picked up a leaflet at the local Doc's: 'Inverness Dental Centre - Student Clinic' If you put in Google those words a pdf comes up to download a leaflet..

Basically you get treated by students under supervision, treatment will take longer, but "all treatment provided by students is free of charge"
So there you are, a day out...

Apologies if this has already been posted

AfternoonDelight
21-Jan-09, 13:32
Cripes! I know they have to practice somewhere but I feel that dentistry is one of the areas I would rather have someone who is qualified! It's bad enough as it is! :(

Bad Manners
21-Jan-09, 13:39
Much as I hate the dentist and belive me I would rather stick pins in my eyes than the dentist however whilst in Edinburgh I needed urgent treatment as attended the dental hospital where they were training young dentists I was examined buy three students the problem was then rectifird under strict supervision and though I still hate the dentist I can't praise them enough as they took there time and they did a good job and there was no charge without these facilities how are we ever going to get the number of dentists we require.

Fluff
21-Jan-09, 19:22
Have to learn somehow.

ShelleyCowie
21-Jan-09, 19:54
Wow that is awsome! On another thread i was saying i could not afford the £3000+ for the dental care i need! i brush my teeth regularly! As i should! But i had an accident when i was 15...not pretty!

When my "accident" happened i was attending the old nhs dentist in Thurso (The place that 88 chinses is in now) and the guy said to go back and they would take moulds to get me my braces. I had to wait for my several root canal treatments to heal first...by the time that came they closed! :~(

But i am defo going to look into this! My partners mum lives in inverness so maybe a long weekend! :Razz

Gizmo
21-Jan-09, 21:08
There is more chance of me going on a 2 week 18/30 holiday in Ibeefa with The Pope than letting some student dentist reet in about ma mooth.

George Brims
21-Jan-09, 21:17
When I was a student in Newcastle on of the techs in our lab went to the dental school there for emergency care. They fixed the immediate problem and then asked if he wanted to come back and have all his other problems fixed. He got his whole mouth sorted out for free. The only thing he had to pay for was materials for a gold filling, as one of the students needed to learn how to do one.