PDA

View Full Version : Positive+ and negative-

Saveman
06-Feb-06, 12:11
With all the happenings in the world....are you a glass half-full or half-empty person?
Maybe its just me, but even if we're generally upbeat and positive there are some inbuilt negativities! eg.....

When I buy something new especially something electrical: I expect it NOT to work.
And so do other people! They ask, “How’s the new video player working?” (Why should they ask you that? Its BRAND new!)
I reply, almost surprised, “Yeah, it seems to work ok.”
“Oh that’s good….” (as if saying, "you never can tell with this NEW stuff...")

Why do we expect it not to work?

“How’s the new car running?”
“Seems to run well….at the minute….”

We’re sooo negative!

Then when it doesn’t work, what do we say?
“I knew this was going to happen! I should have bought the more expensive one!” :lol:

Tymey
06-Feb-06, 17:38
When I buy something new especially something electrical: I expect it NOT to work.

The last time you bought a new electrical item you were given a hand written receipt by Mr W.H. Hoover. :lol:

cuddlepop
06-Feb-06, 18:23
Myfeelings are controlled by the weather Today its wet and miserable so i expect everything to go wrong.Tomorrow not looking much better
Is that why people in sunny climes always look happy:lol:

Saveman
06-Feb-06, 18:42
The last time you bought a new electrical item you were given a hand written receipt by Mr W.H. Hoover. :lol:

You see what Tymey has here demonstrated is the "negative attitude."

Thank you for the demo.......

;)

Geo
07-Feb-06, 00:16
Do you see a doughnut or a hole? I see a doughnut, which I eat, then wash down from a half full glass, while listening to some good tunes from my working stereo.

:)

JAWS
07-Feb-06, 00:31
Remember, every silver lining has it's own Big Black Cloud!

Always look on the Dark Side - that way you are rarely disappointed with the way things turn out.
Besides, any surprises you get are pleasant ones, if you're lucky that is! :evil

DrSzin
07-Feb-06, 01:06
Always look on the Dark SideMay the Force be with you JAWS. :evil

And remember:

An optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.

So does the pessimist.

Ann
07-Feb-06, 01:23
I like to think of myself as a "glass half-full" person most days. No matter what the weather is, I try to look on the bright side. Even if it is wet and windy, if you put on your warmest clothes, hat, scarf, gloves and wellies, a walk on the beach is very bracing and once you get going, very enjoyable.

I am learning to enjoy each day for what it has to offer and if it turns out to be a "down" day, what a good excuse to stay in bed!

Whitewater
07-Feb-06, 10:13
I'm a "glass half full" person, I always try to make the best of the the negative things which affect my life.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Feb-06, 15:33
Aye me me too Whitewater.Definetly "glass half full".I think with the stories that you hear on the news and stories in the paper from around the world, you can't help but feel positive about our lives and good folk you find in Caithness.

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 16:05
Yep.........definitely a half full kinda gal......except everything I buy does have a problem or a bit missing........BUT I don't expect it to be like that before I buy it:lol: Ijust go back to the store and ask politely that they sort it out.......then I throw a tantrum and they generally do:evil :D